Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
EgyptOverseer

New ranked season T10

126 comments in this topic

Players
364 posts
4,549 battles

So apparently the new ranked season will be T8 up to Rank 10, then T10 from Rank 10 to 1.

Guess I will not be repeating my rank 1 as I have no tier 10s and I have no desire to play my 2 tier 9s.

Oh well...

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

My blood pressure is the deciding factor how much ranked I'm going to play. Last ranked I saved myself and quit ranked in the second week. Not worth it.

• Cool 3

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles

Bit of an eff you to newer players who are grinding a lot of different lines, but then again ranked is probably the worst thing you can do in this game. 

• Cool 3

Players
433 posts
4,816 battles

Thanks to all gods in universe that WG did this - something smart and not p2w rank season again !!  

I got to say this time Good job WG, thank you !!

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Players
5,872 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Cime sagte:

something smart and not p2w rank season again !!

there is still some time to release an OP premium tier X ship :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,236 posts
7,080 battles

So if it were an option to never give newer players without a Tier X Ship in port a Rank #1 Badge.... why didn't we do this from the start?

It also silence all "p2w premium" arguments.

I am all for it but you have to wonder why they only do it now.

Hope WG doesn't give out rental ships for Ranked now too.:Smile_smile:

Not sure about lowering the last save rank to 10 though.

I would've rather let them play Tier X from Rank 12 on..

Now I regret not grinding the Z-52 faster though. :Smile_sad:

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
2 hours ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Bit of an eff you to newer players who are grinding a lot of different lines, but then again ranked is probably the worst thing you can do in this game. 

this

Players
433 posts
4,816 battles
12 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

So if it were an option to never give newer players without a Tier X Ship in port a Rank #1 Badge.... why didn't we do this from the start?

It also silence all "p2w premium" arguments....

I am all for it but you have to wonder why they only do it now....

Hope WG doesn't give out rental ships for Ranked now too.... :Smile_smile:

Not sure about lowering the last save rank to 10 though....

I would've rather let them play Tier X from Rank 12 on....

Yup because in this game you have to spend so much time and be so good to get to t10 :Smile_smile:   

with +200% xp camo + 3 flags +50%, +100%, +50% + 300% free xp + 777% free xp  - and that new camo +777% and so on,,  convert xp for dublons = that's why we have so much so skilled T10 players :(

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,809 battles
2 hours ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

But, if you can be bothered with the grind, it is the most reliable way to get those special modules...

Might even give it a serious go this time, after participating in CW for the first time - and the modules are handy for other game modes also.

[BYOB]
Players
2,720 posts
9,874 battles

I hope that with this change they will improve the rank 10-1 rewards. Last seasons camos were a joke and made me quit the season at rank 15.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,970 posts
5,450 battles

O-M-G

[JRM]
Players
657 posts
10,514 battles

I dont have any problem if next ranked seasson is really tier 8 and 10, actually i think this could even be intresting in many aspects. It is ok and logical to mix thing up from seasson to seasson. But normally as always, no matter what WG chooses to do, many players will find some fault in it and be unhappy. Remember, that has been the case in every seasson so far with all the tiers involved :). 

Players
940 posts
5,001 battles

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand tier 10 is a nice balanced tier with interesting ships. It also filters out some of the scrublords that buy their way into tier 8 and ruin ranked for everyone else. On the other hand tier 10 ships are kind of rare in most people's ports (I have 4, soon going to be 5) and the ranked meta requires that you have certain ships. Other tier 10's, while very good, only work in randoms. Yes this is also the case for other tiers but because getting a tier 10 takes such a lot of time you are out of options rather quick even if you have a few tier 10's.

Tier 10 is also a bit of a bummer for the clan war players because they just grinded a couple hundred battles in that format, now they get to do that again but solo this time.

Players
140 posts
7,817 battles
6 hours ago, Yogibjoern said:

My blood pressure is the deciding factor how much ranked I'm going to play. Last ranked I saved myself and quit ranked in the second week. Not worth it.

Exactly this! Hope they make radar / spood beast mod available at a lower rank so I can quit before I get a heart attack.

• Cool 1

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,017 posts
28,492 battles

Finally, Tier 10 Ranked Battles! .. And Tier 7 for League of Sea Wolves. It will be a blast! :cap_rambo:

[PIKAS]
Beta Tester
1,195 posts
5,521 battles

my personal nerves nad skill are only good for Rank 10 (as a MAX) , so i dont care.

And at T8 , it will be the typical ships again.....as always

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles

All I'm going to say is - yeah, those who have actively played CB for the last 2 seasons definitely haven't played enough tier 10 ships in probably the exact same maps :fish_sleep:

[MIRKO]
Players
359 posts
3,275 battles

I'm looking forward to this, definitely excited. I've got my Moskva, Hindy and Conq ready to rumble.

Players
956 posts
5,106 battles

Who cares. It is the worst game mode anyway. 

The ammount of "pro players" that have brilliant ideas for tactics there is simply astonsishing.

• Funny 1

[MUMMY]
Players
117 posts
6,355 battles

Tier 10 is one of the most balanced tiers, so this is great news, Hindy/Mino/AA Gearing/radar Yeuyang all day long

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles

I wouldn't want Ranked to be like that always - but a single season at tX? Certainly a nice change of pace.

Players
3,455 posts
7,229 battles

I can see arguments either way.

On the plus side T10 is free of the P2W ships so it's a fair contest, and presumably WG wants to encourage more players into T9/10 to balance out the MM around T8.

On the downside not everybody has that many T10 ships so MM may struggle to put together a game outside of peak hours.

I wonder if they'll give out rental ships like they do with clan battles?

[NYAG]
Players
3 posts
3,870 battles

Yeh i started to play ranked as soon as i had the ships for it, and enjoyed it. This was since the t6 ranked, and i got to rank 1 my first season. Not really that hard, but was dissapointed to find out i could not play as rank 1 player anymore. I think it was t8 games then. And last season it was t8 games and again i got to rank 1. And again i could not play as rank 1 player cause it was t10. And now wg just slaps me in the face. Getting to t10 is ALOT of grinding and you need either a pemracamo or premium to sustain playing t10. So now the ranked is pay to win up to rank 10 and then its pay to play. Also ranked seasons have a f'ing millenia in between where i have to just endure all the crap in randoms. Might aswell stop playing. And you people applaudin wg for making ranked t10 please consider this: Who made the other tiers pay to win and refuses to balance them?

529874632.png

Sign in to follow this