Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

WG - The Normadie Camo "Personal Missions" for the BB are not completing like they should!

15 comments in this topic

Players
1,193 posts
4,905 battles

Hi WG,

I've just completed the BB mission for the Normadie camo which has the following requirements -

a: Win a Battle

b: Do 40k Damage

c: Use a T5+ BB

d: Play Random, Scenario, Ranked or Co-Op

And I've attached my screenshot of the Giulio Cesear game I've just played which ticks all 4 requirements yet the BB mission hasn't completed like it should do. Is this yet another a bug, server problem or other random crap?

It also happened at the weekend with the BB mission again which took 4 BB games (all meeting the requirements) before the mission "completed" like it should have done after the first.

Any chance someone could look at the BB mission (all others seem OK) to see whats going on?

***EDIT - Looks like you have to survive the battle too according to the website page!***

shot-18.04.10_22.52.47-0560.jpg

[DC-DK]
Players
1,699 posts
22,322 battles

You have played a French ship to unlock the missions??

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,234 posts
3,745 battles

If i remember you must survive the battle?

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,010 posts
2 minutes ago, Arakus said:

If i remember you must survive the battle?

Correct, for that particular mission survival is required, it's the first line in the mission text in fact.

Players
1,193 posts
4,905 battles

Can someone screenshot the In-Game mission requirements (for the Port screen) as the Website has Survive but I don't remember seeing it in the In-Game requirements and it wouldn't be the first time there's a discrepancy? I would look myself but I completed another GC game and survived and completed the mission so the mission disappears til tomorrow but it looks like the website is correct.

***EDIT - Now the mission has popped back up again, yeap it says survive as the first word, no idea how I missed it!***

shot-18.04.11_08.41.37-0947.jpg

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,771 battles

The mission is configured in quite a unique way. Maybe by mistake, but still.

You need to survive for your results to count, but none of it needs to be done in the same battle.

So you can tally up the damage from several battles as long as you survive. Same with "win one battle".

Lose 3 battles where you do a combined total of >40k damage and then win a battle where you do almost no damage. As long as you survive in each battle it counts.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,590 battles
46 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Can someone screenshot the In-Game mission requirements (for the Port screen) as the Website has Survive but I don't remember seeing it in the In-Game requirements and it wouldn't be the first time there's a discrepancy? I would look myself but I completed another GC game and survived and completed the mission so the mission disappears til tomorrow but it looks like the website is correct.

Survival requirement is easy to miss, it goes like "survive a battle and (...)" - survival is the first line and is not formatted the same way as other requirements. At least as far as I remember :Smile-_tongue:

Beta Tester
1,818 posts
2,546 battles
1 hour ago, hgbn_dk said:

You have played a French ship to unlock the missions??

No, you can complete the Normandie missions playing ships of any nation. You do, however, need to survive, which is the issue here.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,212 posts
5,861 battles
2 minutes ago, lafeel said:

No, you can complete the Normandie missions playing ships of any nation. You do, however, need to survive, which is the issue here.

Yes, but you do need to play a french ship to unlock the missions

[DC-DK]
Players
1,699 posts
22,322 battles

Shouldn't you play a French ship once to unlock the missions??? After that it don't matter which nation you play... Might be wrong on this

[SM0KE]
Players
1,524 posts
4,969 battles

Aye, the BB mission includes the magic words "don't die", whereas the DD and cruiser equivalents don't...

[SM0KE]
Players
1,524 posts
4,969 battles
9 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Shouldn't you play a French ship once to unlock the missions??? After that it don't matter which nation you play... Might be wrong on this

It had to be a BB, I think, but yes - you're right.

• Cool 1

Players
274 posts
7,072 battles
31 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

It had to be a BB, I think, but yes - you're right.

I unlocked it by just playing a French Cruiser so it is any French ship to start the mission chain.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
5,820 posts
Vor 5 Stunden, IanH755 sagte:

a: Win a Battle

b: Do 40k Damage

c: Use a T5+ BB

d: Play Random, Scenario, Ranked or Co-Op

as already mentioned this is not fully correct. For example you can also complete the mission with three matches with

- a loss with 20k damage while you survive

- another loss with 20k damage while you survive

- a win without any damage while you survive

so to win and to make 40k damage don't have to be in one game, but you have to survive

[ALONE]
Players
1,291 posts
10,289 battles

Lots of BB and IJN DD in Aegis because of this mission. Even if Aegis is relatively suited for other ships than cruisers, it is still full of retarded "noob-ninja" DD which are gunned down at the start or BB which think their sniping from 15+km will somehow work vs maneuvering Kuma. Yet with BB and DD one typically needs just one game to fulfill the mission, and for the cruiser part typically 1 game gives not enough ribbons... Either too good and too short, or too bad ;)

Sign in to follow this