Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
dCK_Ad_Hominem

A possible way to introduce cvs into clan battles

34 comments in this topic

Players
958 posts
4,858 battles

Hello all, 

Please bear with me as I will be throwing stuff at the wall and see what could stick. Since I haven't played high tier cv (yet), a lot of feedback would be appreciated. 

Without just copying the Kots format, maybe clan battles could be altered to an eight vs eight setting. Then the game could have a simple 2 capital ships rule which would either allow for a second bb or a cv. Cv mirrored mm would have to be done away with in that case. 

Also, why not go for t9 cvs instead of tX? Wouldn't that also be viable? Oh and the lending process would have to be:" Play a battle in a tx carrier, receive the t9 of the respective nation" and allow for camos on those ships. 

These would just be some thoughts on my part. Please feel free to add your own, just keep it related to clan battles. 

• Funny 1

[ITA_C]
Players
198 posts
6,165 battles

T9 cv are still too good whith their bombers hp boost i would rather suggest t8

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,158 posts
9,924 battles
31 minutes ago, Torped1ne said:

T9 cv are still too good whith their bombers hp boost i would rather suggest t8

If CVs are allowed, more AA skills and upgrades will be picked. T8 CVs are pretty useless (except for spotting) against TX AA specced ships.

Any Cruiser will massacre your planes - as will Gearing or Grozovoi - as will Montana, GK, CQ ...

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,234 posts
3,745 battles

Hmm, i think my des moines will like to shot down a few planes!

Players
958 posts
4,858 battles
1 hour ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

so you say let wg put t9 cv vs t10 aa? ^^ yeah what a perfect idea

It was just a suggestion based on overall numbers. T9 cvs get the hp module, but cannot overwhelm/outspot the entire map easily. Being that cv are a tool for information rather than damage I'd consider this feasible, but I will let the likes of you ponder this idea. Allowing another bb instead might be a compelling alternative and allow for wider setups.

[HOME]
Players
569 posts
7,627 battles

Let's just not put cvs in clanbattles. Because of waiting times in queue and skill gaps between cv players.

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
1,699 posts
22,322 battles

Just make clan battles T-VIII and no leasing ships. 9 vs 9 like the old clan meta, using same international rules.

[HOME]
Players
569 posts
7,627 battles
2 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Just make clan battles T-VIII and no leasing ships. 9 vs 9 like the old clan meta, using same international rules.

Would be problematic for a lot of small clans who can hardly field 7 players. The 9vs9 used in tournaments is fine since clans sign up for it but CW should remain more accessible imo. 

[DC-DK]
Players
1,699 posts
22,322 battles

Might be easier for small clans to attract more new members if the tier is 2 steps down. Think it will be a lot easier to get a good/average CV player at tier VIII in most clans. Besides that no 56 second radar either. More diversity in ships to choose from to. Benefits by moving down 2 Tiers is many.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
3 hours ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Hello all, 

Please bear with me as I will be throwing stuff at the wall and see what could stick. Since I haven't played high tier cv (yet), a lot of feedback would be appreciated. 

Without just copying the Kots format, maybe clan battles could be altered to an eight vs eight setting. Then the game could have a simple 2 capital ships rule which would either allow for a second bb or a cv. Cv mirrored mm would have to be done away with in that case. 

Also, why not go for t9 cvs instead of tX? Wouldn't that also be viable? Oh and the lending process would have to be:" Play a battle in a tx carrier, receive the t9 of the respective nation" and allow for camos on those ships. 

These would just be some thoughts on my part. Please feel free to add your own, just keep it related to clan battles. 

it is not the problem of lack of AAA on t 10..it is the problem most clans dont have CV of t10 or/and player that can drive it.....every clan probably has dedicated person who writes on forum how CVs are easymode and one-man-killing-machine-that-can-kill-10-ingame....but ussualy dont have single t10 cv in port becasue....you know.....FearTheWalkingDead

• Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,577 battles

My idea is the best:

Strip away all planes from carriers, let them to que in clan battles.

I think we deserved to be in CB at least like this.... THANKS!!!!

seal.png.463210ab226131dfaf42a9e09d2f91c6.png

Players
958 posts
4,858 battles
38 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

it is not the problem of lack of AAA on t 10..it is the problem most clans dont have CV of t10 or/and player that can drive it.....every clan probably has dedicated person who writes on forum how CVs are easymode and one-man-killing-machine-that-can-kill-10-ingame....but ussualy dont have single t10 cv in port becasue....you know.....FearTheWalkingDead

Well, WG has said they want to include them at some point. Might just as well start discussing possible scenarios right now. Maybe it will be good for something. 

Players
1,356 posts
6,114 battles

I feel very strongly about this, as i'm all for equal equality.

CV captains work very hard to grind their chosen line in WOWS like we all do.  The buggy controls and interface, the amount off AA that some planes can pump out and only being able to strafe at tier 6+ makes this ever harder to master.  The amount of players in my clan i've see and spoke to try to grind them and they simply give up and ask me " why do you bother Red". 

I bothered because i thought that one day those skills could be used in Clan battles.  That and i enjoy CV play as well as the other lines (DD's less so as i'm crap in them). 

So after working hard and ground both CV lines WG put their middle finger up and say "No CV's allowed thanks" :cap_wander_2:

Can you imagine if they said "sorry no BBs allowed" or "NO DD's allowed".  The forum would be up in flames!  But screw the minority right?

So what do WG tell us? That because you have honed your skills you cant play because other clans havnt got CV players and the gap is too big?????? Your joking right! 

Has at least one person in here played tier 8 Clan battles to keep the clan ticking over? Out of them how many have played CV's in them.....Its nasty AA death with every ship equipped with Defensive AA, including DD's :cap_wander:.  Your role is spotting and recce patrols.  How they couldn't implement them in these clans is beyond me, it really is. "their too strong" is laughable at best.

Currently without CV's there is little choice in what skills and mods to use. Hydro and Radar ARE the norm with little thought of AFT, BFT or man AA.  Games have become more stagnated with the usual spots on the same map.  You already know where each ship is going to position themselves  in Clan Battles and its a waiting game to see who makes the first mistake.

Now i like clan battles don't get me wrong, but the dynamics of the game is rather bland don't you think?

Any good game designer can make things work.  Some Clans struggle to get tier 10 DD's? So what you grind it for the good of the clan.  If your Clan hasn't got a CV captain? Tough, find someone that is willing to take the plunge and get him/her out of his comfort zone.  I have been playing the Hindy most of this Clan season and have always featured in the first line up. But i HAD to grind to it before Clans stated (1st) and master it to a level fit enough.

No CV? Do the bloody same. But i suppose i'm the that little minority voice which isnt even a whisper by the time it gets to WG.  Just imagine if you couldn't use your tier 10 ship that you sweated for? Think about the other side of the fence chaps :cap_tea:

Rent CV's for the clans that don't have them? Problem solved.

• Cool 2

Players
1,356 posts
6,114 battles
6 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

I feel very strongly about this, as i'm all for equal equality.

CV captains work very hard to grind their chosen line in WOWS like we all do.  The buggy controls and interface, the amount off AA that some planes can pump out and only being able to strafe at tier 6+ makes this ever harder to master.  The amount of players in my clan i've see and spoke to try to grind them and they simply give up and ask me " why do you bother Red". 

I bothered because i thought that one day those skills could be used in Clan battles.  That and i enjoy CV play as well as the other lines (DD's less so as i'm crap in them). 

So after working hard and ground both CV lines WG put their middle finger up and say "No CV's allowed thanks" :cap_wander_2:

Can you imagine if they said "sorry no BBs allowed" or "NO DD's allowed".  The forum would be up in flames!  But screw the minority right?

So what do WG tell us? That because you have honed your skills you cant play because other clans havnt got CV players and the gap is too big?????? Your joking right! 

Has at least one person in here played tier 8 Clan battles to keep the clan ticking over? Out of them how many have played CV's in them.....Its nasty AA death with every ship equipped with Defensive AA, including DD's :cap_wander:.  Your role is spotting and recce patrols.  How they couldn't implement them in these clans is beyond me, it really is. Playing the "its too strong card" if laughable at best.

Currently without CV's there is little choice in what skills and mods to use. Hydro and Radar ARE the norm with little thought of AFT, BFT or man AA.  Games have become more stagnated with the usual spots on the same map.  You already know where each ship is going to position themselves  in Clan Battles and its a waiting game to see who makes the first mistake.

Now i like clan battles don't get me wrong, but the dynamics of the game is rather bland don't you think?

Any good game designer can make things work.  Some Clans struggle to get tier 10 DD's? So what you grind it for the good of the clan.  If your Clan hasn't got a CV captain? Tough, find someone that is willing to take the plunge and get him/her out of his comfort zone.  I have been playing the Hindy most of this Clan season and have always featured in the first line up. But i HAD to grind to it before Clans stated (1st) and master it to a level fit enough.

No CV? Do the bloody same. But i suppose i'm the that little minority voice which isnt even a whisper by the time it gets to WG.  Just imagine if you couldn't use your tier 10 ship that you sweated for? Think about the other side of the fence chaps :cap_tea:

Sorry, double post.  Please delete.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
7 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Well, WG has said they want to include them at some point. Might just as well start discussing possible scenarios right now. Maybe it will be good for something. 

they will do that...after "rework" :)

i am old man....who knows will my grandchildren be alive that day :)

on a more serious note.....to be competent, CV need to be 1 lvl higher than rest of ships....

when clan battles will be on t 8 we can expect t9 CVs.....

Players
727 posts
11,451 battles

I don't belong to a clan, so this doesn't affect me that much, but the proposal of T9 CVs for the current T10 clan wars isn't that bad. Although their damage output would be impaired, the scouting (the main component for CVs in a competitive environment) and extra layer of threat (forcing to choose some trade-offs from a wider variety of consumables and skills) would not.

9 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

on a more serious note.....to be competent, CV need to be 1 lvl higher than rest of ships....

when clan battles will be on t 8 we can expect t9 CVs.....

T9 CVs in a T8 CW format? Nope, not a chance. The uptiered CV would have all the advantages in such scenario, hence exacerbating the players' skill gap. Just my thoughts, but up to T8 the CV should be from the same tier (although this handicaps the USN silver ones due to the CAW rework) while at higher tiers it could be one tier lower.

Salute.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,043 posts
6,163 battles

If WG implements the T9 cv in clan battles then why the heck anybody would grind and buy a T10 carrier?

• Cool 1

Players
1,356 posts
6,114 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Would be problematic for a lot of small clans who can hardly field 7 players. The 9vs9 used in tournaments is fine since clans sign up for it but CW should remain more accessible imo. 

I think it would be problematic for lot of the BIG clans that actually have a weak link in their armour. I know, i've played against them plenty of times (OMNI, OM ect).

There's alot of bluff and reverse physiology going on.  People saying things that they don't actually mean but it keeps the status-quo   :cap_tea:

Players
149 posts
10,160 battles

Another option could be a special CW-only flight deck to limit the influence of the CVs (like 2-2-0 or something like that).

Also playing a CV with 8 squadrons vs strong opposition several hours sounds a bit too exhausting for me :Smile_coin:

• Cool 2

[HOME]
Players
569 posts
7,627 battles
1 minute ago, Redcap375 said:

I think it would be problematic for lot of the BIG clans that actually have a weak link in their armour. I know, i've played against them plenty of times (OMNI, OM ect).

There's alot of bluff and reverse physiology going on.  People saying things that they don't actually mean but it keeps the status-quo   :cap_tea:

I don't understand the point you are trying to make. That big clans are against 9vs9 because of what exactly?

Players
958 posts
4,858 battles
2 minutes ago, Rick_Hunter said:

Another option could be a special CW-only flight deck to limit the influence of the CVs (like 2-2-0 or something like that).

Also playing a CV with 8 squadrons vs strong opposition several hours sounds a bit too exhausting for me :Smile_coin:

Suggested that elsewhere already and suggested smaller squads of tier 11 planes. Ppl didn't like the idea much. 

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
11 minutes ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

I don't belong to a clan, so this doesn't affect me that much, but the proposal of T9 CVs for the current T10 clan wars isn't that bad. Although their damage output would be impaired, the scouting (the main component for CVs in a competitive environment) and extra layer of threat (forcing to choose some trade-offs from a wider variety of consumables and skills) would not.

T9 CVs in a T8 CW format? Nope, not a chance. The uptiered CV would have all the advantages in such scenario, hence exacerbating the players' skill gap. Just my thoughts, but up to T8 the CV should be from the same tier (although this handicaps the USN silver ones due to the CAW rework) while at higher tiers it could be one tier lower.

Salute.

only way to make CVs more than scouts it to givethem 1+

eaven on t8 AAA is so strong that t 8 CV has 0 chance of landing single strike on competent team....

[HOME]
Players
569 posts
7,627 battles
4 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

only way to make CVs more than scouts it to givethem 1+

eaven on t8 AAA is so strong that t 8 CV has 0 chance of landing single strike on competent team....

That's just not true mate. I've seen plenty of T9 CVs annihilate the enemies of whom most where t10. 

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
2 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

That's just not true mate. I've seen plenty of T9 CVs annihilate the enemies of whom most where t10. 

i sad competent team

idiots gets deleted by rubber ducky

Sign in to follow this