Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hiro_016

Kaga just a Saipan easy game?

18 comments in this topic

[ANIME]
Players
170 posts
5,871 battles

yeah... its been many games now and lately Saipan is somewhat common lately. 

normally I should just get destroyed if I play against same level or higher or i get to fight a complete newbie. 

even that is still hard, the planes just too fast and strong... i need to get 2 proper ALT attack before is dealt any significant damage. 

i can't manual attack either because is so fair to have t9 fighter and not get penalties to escape right wargaming? clearly, you forgot to think about captain skills and now is mess up because of your... 'we won't nerf premium policy' 

any advice on how to beat Saipan? or this is just one of Wargaming thing again. 

• Funny 1

Players
1,709 posts
9,658 battles

Play more strategically. For one, CV gameplay isn't just CV vs CV. Make use of friendly AA or alternate strike areas, so that his fighters will either focus on one area or be split up. No matter how fast they are it still takes time to fly across the map.

I've had games in Kaga against AS saipans with equal or better skills than me. Even though they may deplane me, I can still do 100k+ damage or at least help my team to win the game. 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
23 minutes ago, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

any advice on how to beat Saipan?

There will be better CV players with better advice, but if I were to suggest something with my limited perspective, my answer would be:

Don't.

Don't try to beat Saipan - beat his team instead.

Even Saipan's fighters can't be everywhere and the big problem Saipan faces is lack of strike potential (even more so if he goes the AS setup where he has to dely on a bunch of dive bombers for all damage). Kaga doesn't really stand a chance of winning air superiority over Saipan with half a brain - but it's hardly a challenge for her to actually out-damage such an opponent. That being said, simply doing more damage is not enough - Saipan will most likely hold air superiority, enabling her player better scouting and more freedom in picking her targets. Still, a Saipan can be outplayed - but usually not by fighting her head-on.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,111 posts
11,258 battles

Well, Saipan made me quit CV's (I moved from Hiryu to Shokaku but eventually stopped there) so I may not be of too much help but I damn well know that feeling. Any decent Saipan player will be able to run circles around your planes with that nice T9 speed.

As the others already said try to follow Stanley Baldwin doctrine, aka the bomber will always come through and fight his team, not him.

[ANIME]
Players
170 posts
5,871 battles

Thank you all...

i think i'm doing alright in team play case but t7 like to end up in t5 game... and we know how good t5 AA is...

maybe i'm doing fine just the fact that Kaga usually a ship that can change the game if she gets to do what she suppose too (strike)... but when she fought Saipan she lost that freedom to strike... 

For her commander, it would feel really unfair but when think about Saipan don't have the ability to 1 shot t9 BB  like Kaga... is just annoying feeling then unfair really.

but one thing they should change is the captain skill or the escape penalties for Saipan. 

[BGNAV]
Players
741 posts
13,827 battles
1 hour ago, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

Thank you all...

i think i'm doing alright in team play case but t7 like to end up in t5 game... and we know how good t5 AA is...

maybe i'm doing fine just the fact that Kaga usually a ship that can change the game if she gets to do what she suppose too (strike)... but when she fought Saipan she lost that freedom to strike... 

For her commander, it would feel really unfair but when think about Saipan don't have the ability to 1 shot t9 BB  like Kaga... is just annoying feeling then unfair really.

but one thing they should change is the captain skill or the escape penalties for Saipan. 

and how fair is to have 85 hangar capacity @T7...

...Texas StronK xD

[ANIME]
Players
170 posts
5,871 battles

fair point... i never use all of my torp planes.... they should change it to fight instead

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,682 posts
13,121 battles

Counterstrafe when he strafes out.

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester, Players
5,112 posts
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

helps only vs potatoes:D

as for OP :

use team aa if they have , if not just pray lol

P.S ask blame kk , hes can help you in your clan^^

[ITA_C]
Players
198 posts
6,170 battles

Remember he have few strike planes with long rearming time so do not spot with your fighter neiter engage combat just defend your team  send your db for spotting empty drop their bombs on sea and use them empty so they are way faster  then as possible strike with your tb

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,159 posts
9,935 battles
10 minutes ago, Torped1ne said:

Remember he have few strike planes with long rearming time so do not spot with your fighter neiter engage combat just defend your team  send your db for spotting empty drop their bombs on sea and use them empty so they are way faster  then as possible strike with your tb

Ah yes, none of my Kaga's DBs ever survive a battle .. they're pure bait / sacrifice :cap_haloween:

I do think the DB pilots must be on to me .. as soon as they drop their bombs, they automatically retreat to my ship :cap_book:

• Funny 1

Players
117 posts
1,241 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

You are awere that Saipan is the only carrier who can exit strafe without loses, so if the Saipan player miss' the strafe they can exit strafe without fearing counter-strafe or losing planes to counter enemy strafing :) . If the player in the Saipan is good it's very hard to counter-strafe them due to the fact they can exit strafing when it's barely begun.

Kaga is all about many strike planes, the Saipan cant be everywhere at once even with the ludicrous fast planes it has and thats the name of the game. Tier 6 planes wont win in a straight fight against tier 9 planes.

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,577 battles

Heavly your AA team dependent.... personally I rarely que with Kaga solo ( i tend to have flint or atlanta divison with me when I play kaga)

Nothing much to talk about:

Kaga  -> gives up all air control for awesome strike potential

Saipan -> gives up dozen of strike potential for awesome air control

Tl;dr: Saipan counter Kaga. Is it hard? Yes. Is it possible to play against? Yes.

• Cool 2

Players
1,369 posts
6,118 battles
36 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Heavly your AA team dependent.... personally I rarely que with Kaga solo ( i tend to have flint or atlanta divison with me when I play kaga)

Nothing much to talk about:

Kaga  -> gives up all air control for awesome strike potential

Saipan -> gives up dozen of strike potential for awesome air control

Tl;dr: Saipan counter Kaga. Is it hard? Yes. Is it possible to play against? Yes.

This^^ Chalk and cheese

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,777 posts
6,417 battles
3 hours ago, lup3s said:

Ah yes, none of my Kaga's DBs ever survive a battle .. they're pure bait / sacrifice :cap_haloween:

I do think the DB pilots must be on to me .. as soon as they drop their bombs, they automatically retreat to my ship :cap_book:

Yeah, my Kaga DB suffers the same issue. Usually I send them on autodrop on some targets and forget about them while I'm concentrating on my TBs and fighters on the other end of the map. With good timing they usually dies while my TB kills a DD or my fighters spots/protect the fleet/planes.

Once it actually awarded me with a double strike as the DB actually killed the cruiser I autodropped while I was concentrating on my TB play. (He was low HP by the time the DBs got to him, I totally forgot to even check as I expected them to all get shot down) :cap_haloween:

[TCG]
Players
1,226 posts
11,886 battles

As long as you don't have AA division, Kaga is really free win for Saipan. It's always the same. If Saipan knows what to do, even you are best cv, you don't have much thing to do.

10 saat önce, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami dedi:

Thank you all...

No penalty for exit strafe was huge mistake. But they can't nerf premium ships :cap_haloween: Btw, Kaga has *ability* to nuke T9 BB, if he is bot and no AA :Smile-_tongue:

[ANIME]
Players
170 posts
5,871 battles
2 hours ago, Accelerated said:

No penalty for exit strafe was huge mistake. But they can't nerf premium ships :cap_haloween: Btw, Kaga has *ability* to nuke T9 BB, if he is bot and no AA :Smile-_tongue:

need a bit of rng really, but at the same time, Saipan hardly can 1 shot t7 BB...

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,682 posts
13,121 battles
10 hours ago, Hyperion84 said:

If the player in the Saipan is good it's very hard to counter-strafe them due to the fact they can exit strafing when it's barely begun.

Counterstrafing kills enemy fighters that are exit strafing. It's the perfect counter to a Saipan which will always try to abuse its ability to exit strafe for free, hampered only by the :etc_swear: UI that may screw things up.

Sign in to follow this