Sign in to follow this  
Hammerbolt

Questions on switching captains

9 comments in this topic

Players
56 posts
1,747 battles

Hia folks, sorry if these are noob questions, have been out of the game for severall months...

I have my eye on the british carrier line (yes, I know we are still a long ways off from that). For that I was thinking of training up a captain so as to switch him when the CV comes up. Is this a good idea? What are the problems with it?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,563 posts
6,392 battles

Yeah, it's perfectly doable. Captains aren't class limited, so you will just have to reset his skillpoints (for elite xp or for gold, or if you are lucky enough for free in some event) together with retraining to select CV skills instead of whichever ship he'd be on previously :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
56 posts
1,747 battles
12 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Yeah, it's perfectly doable. Captains aren't class limited, so you will just have to reset his skillpoints (for elite xp or for gold, or if you are lucky enough for free in some event) together with retraining to select CV skills instead of whichever ship he'd be on previously :cap_like:

Thanks for the info!

Alpha Tester, Players
5,112 posts
9 hours ago, Hammerbolt said:

british carrier line

well there isnt any info that wg gona make them ;P better farm xp for current ships until wg put any info about upcoming cv line

Beta Tester
785 posts
6,565 battles

imo it is way too early to skill a british skipper for a possible british CV line. Would be a waste of skills at the very moment.

As mentioned before, reskilling is just a matter of a few hundred dubloons and can be done every time you want.

Build up xp for a proper captain as high as possible and reskill when the line is introduced

My 2 cents ...

Players
56 posts
1,747 battles
7 hours ago, The_Pillager said:

imo it is way too early to skill a british skipper for a possible british CV line. Would be a waste of skills at the very moment.

As mentioned before, reskilling is just a matter of a few hundred dubloons and can be done every time you want.

Build up xp for a proper captain as high as possible and reskill when the line is introduced

My 2 cents ...

It's a good point, but my play time is very limited, about 2-3 hours per week, so the sooner I start the better!

Beta Tester
785 posts
6,565 battles

Your choice :-)

All I say is, you deprive your captain and your ships of improvements, if you skill special CV skills already now.

A CV needs skills, noone else needs. And the essential skills like DE, SI, LS and so on are useless on a CV.

The more and better skills a skipper has for his ships, the more xp he can make potentially and the faster he will progress.

So, as long as you dont have a BN CV, its ... not effective ... to have a skilled captain for it.

Nevermind, do as you please, its a free game  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
56 posts
1,747 battles

I won't cripple my RN ship+captain with wrong skills, right now. I realise I will have to pay to switch skills latter on, but I will first need the XP to have them! :D

Beta Tester
785 posts
6,565 battles

Right You are :Smile_Default:

btw: 

is there any szenario where you could get a skilled captain ?

It just came to my mind I received a russian and a japan captain with skills lately, by finishing the szenario of the week with 5 stars respectively.

Hope I remeber that correct ... :Smile_unsure:

Maybe one of these szenarios of the week gives you a british skipper ... 

Could be worth checking this out ... :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this