You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
philjd

Potential damage - as a measure

5 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,796 battles

Is there a way to see if your potential damage result is actually any good, worth anything? 

I know that it contributes to both the xp and also silver calculations, but I have no idea if it is 'good' bad' average etc - had a game yesterday in my Monarch and had potential damage of 2.2M and it made me think - have I tanked or not. It was the first time I have actually looked at that and wondered about it. Did a search and there was a thread about peoples greatest PD values, Flamu also had a competition just before Christmas for the highest potential damage value for a BB, which was won by a GK being shot at by a couple of Minotaurs clocking up something like 9M IIRC, which makes my 2.2M look very scrawny. Plus it is not an easy value to see anywhere.

Is this available anywhere as a statistic, it doesn't seem to be on the usual sites?

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,829 battles

Dont think the sites track it, but you can check it while in port by clicking profile and then summary, on the right you can see your highest potential dmg (overall or in certain ships) and average per game.

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,796 battles

thanks guys :)

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
479 posts
8,543 battles

I remember once having over 3.1m potential damage in the Monarch, probably thanks to a few passing torpedo's to help. I didn't do much damage though, so I finished near the bottom of the xp table. It does not seemed to be rewarded very much, if at all.

The API does return potential damage as two fields, art_agro and torpedo_agro. Along with number of ships spotted, and spotting damage, these are all metrics stat rating sites could use if they chose not to focus on damage and kills.

If you look at my overall BB stats, I am rated as something of a potato. However, I do have a reasonably good win rate in them.

My damage stats and frags tend to be below average, but my tanking damage (and spotting damage) are above average.

So when I appear to be over extended, getting focus fired by the enemy whilst the supporting cruisers go to hide behind rock, I'm actually enabling the cruisers to use their DPM on the enemy.

I've still got a hell of a lot to learn and to improve on, but some game swinging tactics are not rewarded in the game, and the team are not aware of what you are enabling them to do.