You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pzkpfwv1d

Stuck in battle loading screen for entire battle

26 comments in this topic

[WCWVE]
Players
670 posts
10,870 battles

I just played a battle with Musashi where it was stuck in the battle loading screen for the entire battle - no reset and just reverted to port at end of battle 

The game had just restarted after the end of the previous battle when instead of giving battle results it went to the log in page 

Stuck in battle loading screen for entire battle.png

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,309 posts
13,584 battles

Task manager can help, just close the game and re-start if it takes too long. Myself I usually do it immediately anyway, if it looks like it's stuck.:Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,784 battles
7 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Task manager can help, just close the game and re-start if it takes too long. Myself I usually do it immediately anyway, if it looks like it's stuck.:Smile_Default:

^This.

Is the practical solution, but doesn't fix the issue itself.

• Cool 1

[WCWVE]
Players
670 posts
10,870 battles

I had tried that and task master was not even showing the game

Just had a second game - got to battle screen then went to log in screen - would not let me log back in or close down the game with task master 

Eventually had to turn pc off and then turn it on again 

That is 150k credits lost, 16 signals including 6 rare signals and a waste of time 

And it is pointless talking to support because all they do is fob you off with stock answers or excuses 

[ONE2]
Players
2,309 posts
13,584 battles

Djäääm, that bad eh? :Smile_amazed: I hope won't get that one then... Perhaps check the processes next time, must be one that was left running.:cap_hmm:

Players
1,962 posts
5,901 battles

I've had this happen from time to time. A couple times I needed more then one attempt to finally get into the game itself and finish loading past the loading screen.

I could see similar to the pic at the top in this thread and even see in realtime when a ship got sunk.

In the end I do manage to get into the game after several restarts, relogs, task manager forced shutdown of game client and 12 minutes left on the clock.

Fortunately it seems to be infrequent to me and most of the times I was still alive at least.

Too bad about your signal flags, I've had the same thing happen but it happens.

The best is to not wait too long and exit the client completely. Repeat if it doesn't work the first time.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,223 posts
5,868 battles

Things like these are often caused by mods...are you using any?

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
2 hours ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

That sounds like a MUCH more serious problem, though. WoWs process should always be visible (and hardly difficult to find even if you don't remember the name - just sort by memory use and it's bound to be at the top or pretty damn near that (if you for some reason run something RAM-heavy at the same time as you play).

Players
431 posts
9,162 battles

I had similar problems in the past. Wa analysed it a bit and I found a solution by uninstalling some mods: 

The suspected were:

• Smoke indicator 
  • Detection icon
  • Torpedo warning
  • Info panel

But I had the problem this week-end just once (and first time in months) without having any new mod. So I think the last version of the client is dubious on this matter .....

[BGNAV]
Players
741 posts
13,827 battles
1 minute ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

same old problem , had few times it last week -_- wg never fix

me to,  last week had to kill the process more than 40times...

• Cool 1

[XODUS]
Players
714 posts
3,774 battles

This crops up every now and again for me as well, although it only never loaded to game once and no idea what caused it.

I Run Vanilla (Best Flavour) so when this crops up and a re-start and loading into Co-Op doesn't fix it then i do a complete re-install and that fixes the issue.

It appears to be a memory leak somewhere no idea if it is unique to my system or if it just one corrupt file during a patch/update.  

Bloody annoying when it crops up though (happens about once every 6 months on average) 
But if a re-install doesn't fix it then there is something more serious going on. 

[WCWVE]
Players
670 posts
10,870 battles

Note, I do not use any mods and never have done

when approaching support the first thing they will say is that you are using mods and need to uninstall them, but with no mods installed that would be a little bit difficult as how can you remove something that is not there 

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,690 posts
13,130 battles

Had the same couple of weeks ago once. Used task manager to kill, restarted, got into the match for 10 seconds before the UI went full :etc_swear: and the game crashed again.

Is stronk programink comrade!

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles

Well, I  ctded during clan battles once and was stuck in loading yesterday for 5 minutes. Still earned top xp thanks to stupid bbs, but come on man, either optimise the game more or take care of your servers. The latter event took place after the pc booted. Was running vanilla game and ts only. 

• Cool 1

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles
8 hours ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Did you check process tab? (+all user processes)

Not entirely sure how Windows differentiates what's shown in Applications tab.

2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Had the same couple of weeks ago once. Used task manager to kill, restarted, got into the match for 10 seconds before the UI went full :etc_swear: and the game crashed again.

Is stronk programink comrade!

Can't say day exactly but one of the few times I've had this kind problem happened then.

Who knows if these could be also caused by some momentary traffic routing problem of internet infra.

Players
670 posts
7,930 battles

I think it is down to your computer and internet speed.

I had the same problem with a system that just exceeded minimum specification, it happened with annoying regularity, so I purchased a new one that is double minimum requirement... So far in the 36 days I have had the new system I have had 1 episode and so came out a reloaded within 90 seconds.. Start by looking at your system performance.

Alpha Tester, Players
5,112 posts
15 hours ago, _VAMPA_ said:

me to,  last week had to kill the process more than 40times...

:/ well hope wg fix it in few years

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,050 posts
14,033 battles

had this yesterday, on a certain map that always takes longer than the rest to load , couldn't remember the name of the map

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,577 battles

This crap keeps happening to me today... in 3 battles all 3 I had to ctrl+alt+delete and to go in game again.

Lost starting 10 minutes wtf... I am happy you fixed fps drop problem but seriously wg you have at every step to create new one?

• Cool 1

Players
1,186 posts
4,658 battles
11 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I think it is down to your computer and internet speed.

I had the same problem with a system that just exceeded minimum specification, it happened with annoying regularity, so I purchased a new one that is double minimum requirement... So far in the 36 days I have had the new system I have had 1 episode and so came out a reloaded within 90 seconds.. Start by looking at your system performance.

Unfortunately, this is probably the most realistic solution. In particular, I'd upgrade my PC. The game is poorly optimized, yes. But with a more powerful system you can brute force through that (mostly) and the chances of WG optimizing their game in a way that is beneficial to OP are not great.

• Cool 1

[GMS]
Players
3 posts
9,319 battles

Same here, just happened in Ranked. This is incredibly frustrating when you are loosing games because of this. Played 2 random games before that and had no issues whatsoever

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,296 battles

Don't alt tab whilst loading up. That seems to break loading for me...

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,857 posts
8,066 battles

Hi all,

On 4/9/2018 at 12:10 PM, pzkpfwv1d said:

I just played a battle with Musashi where it was stuck in the battle loading screen for the entire battle - no reset and just reverted to port at end of battle 

The game had just restarted after the end of the previous battle when instead of giving battle results it went to the log in page 

Stuck in battle loading screen for entire battle.png

This happened to me during summer once but I attributed it to my good old laptop (SSD, 6 GB and i7 but 5 years old) and bad mobile 4G Internet... I had to restart the whole laptop in order to gain back control (ALT-Tab and Task Manager didn't help - whole machine was non responsive)...

Leo "Apollo11"