You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
woppy101

Yamato worst tier 10 B.B.

37 comments in this topic

[GAZ]
Beta Tester
469 posts
6,630 battles

I truly believe the Yamato is now the worst tier10 Battleship in the and is in desperate need of a buff somewhere 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,203 posts
6,682 battles

maybe do something crazy like nerf the other bbs so less people play em and swap to cruisers and dds instead

personally I would say yammy is fine

• Cool 1

[RNG4]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

I'd rather have the other tier X BBs nerfed. You know, like raising the citadels of certain ships and stuff...

Fighting powercreep with even more powercreep is not eally the way to go.

edit: ninja'ed. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,261 posts
7,954 battles
12 minutes ago, woppy101 said:

I truly believe the Yamato is now the worst tier10 Battleship in the and is in desperate need of a buff somewhere 

What exactly gave you this impression?

[BOAT]
Players
104 posts
1,939 battles
19 minutes ago, woppy101 said:

Yamato needs buffing? No, I think the Conqueror needs buffing. It has the lowest HP of any T10 BB.

I think it needs greater fire chance, increased reload speed, improved heal, more HP,  higher speed and I think its citadel should be removed completely. Oh and, give it Moskva radar as well.

[CATS]
Players
13,666 posts
10,389 battles
25 minutes ago, woppy101 said:

Then you should believe less and read the server stats.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,236 posts
7,078 battles

Someone always have to be "the worst". That is how these comparisons/balancing works...

Though what you call "worst" I would call "last BB that actualy scales with/needs skill".

Rather than buffing Yamato Iwould nerf the others to comparable levels, like I dunno.... raising their citadells?

• Cool 1

Players
1,654 posts
11,443 battles
35 minutes ago, woppy101 said:

I'll bite:

- why is it the worst tier X BB?

- what would you like to change?

Or:

- which other BB at tier X are too powerfull and should be nerfed (why and how)?

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,606 posts
6,685 battles

So what if it is the worst?  One BB has to be the worst why not this one?

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,564 posts
6,392 battles
1 hour ago, woppy101 said:

I'd say it's not the ship, it's the captain of it.

Do I think Yamato is the worst one? Yes - I just can't stand that turret traverse. Does she need buffs? Hell no. She's already strong, especially with that overmatch. Being weakest of a bunch of strong ships doesn't say much you know.

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles

Install the Gun Fire Control System Modification 2 and Spotting Aircraft II and you'll be fine out of reach from enemy BBs, DDs and fire spamming cruisers:cap_tea:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,337 posts
12,570 battles

Buff BBs. BUFF BBs? Are you really that bad of a player that you cant point and click? 

OP you are drunk. Go home. 

[RAIN]
Community Contributor
879 posts
10,804 battles

Woot :Smile_amazed: ?

He is différent, but worst , nop.

[NKK2]
Beta Tester
599 posts
5,799 battles

OMG, where is the TLDR on this thing?

Now, seriously, do you care to elaborate in which way the Yamato is the worst T10 BB?

Cause it just seems you are just bad playing it. Which isn't the case as you average 93k damage and 52%.

C'mon, a bit of an effort starting a thread.

[ONE2]
Players
2,318 posts
13,602 battles

I think the problem with Yamato is mainly a matter of expectation VS reality. Yamato is the only tier 10 BB, which actually existed and also very well known - famous even as the Ultimate Super- Battleship of her era. So people expect her to be awesome, unsinkable and to blap every other ship with easy. SDo them WG goean and BALANCES iot out to be on equal terms with the others!!! OMG! :etc_swear:

So now she is just 1 amongst several. :Smile_sceptic: Sop mainly the thing is that people would expect a certain amount of Awesomeness. Of course, the problem for WG is that they should figure out a way to provide the "Bling and Awe" without actually making her OP, when compared to others. :Smile_amazed:

Of course, also her playstyle is a disappointment. High citadel mandates a sniping playstyle (pretty much mandated by weak-ish secondaries and abysmally slow main turret traverse, facts that make most IJN BB's rather boring to play), where you mainly just bombard the enemy from 30km away and avoid close-range brawling as much as possible. This is a let-down to many, myself included.:Smile_sad:

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,214 posts
13,976 battles

Not the strongest but by stats defiantly not the weakest

yamato.thumb.jpg.68fbc2adc85d510f9c4353c1bd746273.jpg

Stats for 2 months ending 31/03/2018

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20180331/eu_2month/average_ship.html

Ok Conqueror looks to need a Nerf.. But that has been well known for a while

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,803 battles
19 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

..... Of course, the problem for WG is that they should figure out a way to provide the "Bling and Awe" without actually making her OP, when compared to others. :Smile_amazed:...

Don't you get that when using Yamamoto on her and getting either first blood or Kraken? (the firework display)

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,882 posts
6,770 battles

The Queen is a demanding ship who has tremendous power, but also clear weaknesses. Just update the 3D model (into higher quality like Musashi) and while doing that add the few missing AA guns + return the Chrysanthemum emblem you took away from her funnel.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,318 posts
13,602 battles
9 minutes ago, philjd said:

Don't you get that when using Yamamoto on her and getting either first blood or Kraken? (the firework display)

Yyeeah, I guess not every Yamato players don't use Yamamoto on her or get First Blood or Krakens in every game either. There clearly is a tiny flaw in this plan somewhere..:cap_hmm:

flaw.jpg.dc6de407c28484a2d4d6548026bed3f3.jpg

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,573 posts
9,108 battles

pls buff
Yamato still has a citadel above the waterline. Clearly powercrept.

Lolpen and top kek HE proof mid deck is fine and balanced though, keep that in.

/s

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,068 posts
14,080 battles

i got my first kraken in her finally , just a shame i removed yamamoto on it , could of gotton a solo warrior if he was on that ship :(((

@OP ,  isnt she the most fun out of the rest?

[CSN]
Players
311 posts
2,770 battles

and hindenburg is the worst t10 cruiser :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1