___V_E_N_O_M___

How to access the Roma Battleship?

28 comments in this topic

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,187 posts
10,966 battles

Roma is currently not available in the premium shop. Premium ships there circulate, so it's normal that there are times you can't buy certain ships. But she will be back, you just need patience :cap_old:

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,951 posts
5,437 battles

@HMS_Argosax

Friendly advice - First get more battles under your belt and experience, get to tier VIII BB and up with normal/credit ships by researching them/grind, then think about buying a premium tier VIII BB. 

• Bad 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,673 posts
9,762 battles
12 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Premium ships there circulate

Very slowly and with uncertainty. We have April now and we haven't seen any of this circulation since the shop and tech tree was purged of offers.

33 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

First get more battles under your belt and experience, get to tier VIII BB and up with normal/credit ships by researching them/grind, then think about buying a premium tier VIII BB. 

Here's a piece you might not like to hear. Since there is no guarantee that a ship will be available when you want it, buying one when it's in the shop, is better than not buying one and waiting ages to see it on sale.

WG's artificial scarcity screws over players who want to get better and spend money when they are ready.

Players
498 posts
1 hour ago, _DeathWing_ said:

@HMS_Argosax

Friendly advice - First get more battles under your belt and experience, get to tier VIII BB and up with normal/credit ships by researching them/grind, then think about buying a premium tier VIII BB. 

Hi I already have an Alabama and a KII

Beta Tester
1,818 posts
2,546 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Argosax said:

He meant a regular one, not a premium one.<.<

Players
498 posts
4 minutes ago, lafeel said:

He meant a regular one, not a premium one.<.<

Well I'm more of a in the deep end kinda guy and just went straight for the premium bs since cant be asked to level up in crappy ships

Beta Tester
1,818 posts
2,546 battles
1 minute ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Well I'm more of a in the deep end kinda guy and just went straight for the premium bs since cant be asked to level up in crappy ships

Go and play the lower tiers. Otherwise you won't have a *edited* clue how to play your shiny tier 8's.

Also, the short term for battleship is BB, bs is something else entirely.

• Boring 1

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,136 battles

God, stop judging the guy, let him spend his money and play what he likes. High tier gameplay really isn't that difficult compared to low tier. It might be a crash course but a fast learner can cope.

• Cool 3

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,187 posts
10,966 battles
Vor 36 Minuten, VC381 sagte:

God, stop judging the guy, let him spend his money and play what he likes. High tier gameplay really isn't that difficult compared to low tier. It might be a crash course but a fast learner can cope.

Nobody is judging him, only trying to help ;)

Of course he can play what he wants.

Players
498 posts
4 hours ago, lafeel said:

Go and play the lower tiers. Otherwise you won't have a *edited* clue how to play your shiny tier 8's.

Also, the short term for battleship is BB, bs is something else entirely.

BB is an american naming convention for navy vessels, it is not universal. I am english so I dont call a bs a BB I call it a BS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hull_classification_symbol

Beta Tester
1,818 posts
2,546 battles

Yea, but given that BS is usually a short hand for bullsh*t, I'd rather prefer you use BB :P 

[-T-O-]
1,951 posts
5,437 battles
18 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Your average dmg in both of those ships is dire. 

[BYOB]
Players
2,673 posts
9,762 battles
38 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Your average dmg in both of those ships is dire. 

Well, the only direction he can go from there is up. :Smile_great:

BTW, people buying premiums finance the game for all the free players.

[-T-O-]
1,951 posts
5,437 battles
20 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Well, the only direction he can go from there is up. :Smile_great:

BTW, people buying premiums finance the game for all the free players.

And ruining the games for the others. I'd rather have someone who starts to play this game and get experience with regular ships, then buy premium ship(s) afterwards than someone who is not "in the deep end kinda guy and just went straight for the premium bs since cant be asked to level up in crappy ships"

Trust me WG won't become flat broke cuz one or three or dozen player(s) won't buy premium acc, ships, etc.

Can't believe you are supporting this kind of approach to the game since you are really good player.

I wonder how would you react to the OP when on your team and does minimal support (due to not fully understanding the game/lacking experience) for winning the game cuz of such dire results in those shiny tier VIII BBs he bought.

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,136 battles
29 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

And ruining the games for the others. I'd rather have someone who starts to play this game and get experience with regular ships, then buy premium ship(s) afterwards than someone who is not "in the deep end kinda guy and just went straight for the premium bs since cant be asked to level up in crappy ships"

Trust me WG won't become flat broke cuz one or three or dozen player(s) won't buy premium acc, ships, etc.

Can't believe you are supporting this kind of approach to the game since you are really good player.

I wonder how would you react to the OP when on your team and does minimal support (due to not fully understanding the game/lacking experience) for winning the game cuz of such dire results in those shiny tier VIII BBs he bought.

So what exactly gives your enjoyment priority over theirs? Besides, it's just as likely (in fact slightly more likely) that an inexperienced player will be on the enemy team and you can farm them. Or there is one on each team and they balance. If they don't care how well they do and enjoy the game anyway, what right does anyone have to tell them what ships to play and how to play them?

• Cool 2

[-T-O-]
1,951 posts
5,437 battles
24 minutes ago, VC381 said:

So what exactly gives your enjoyment priority over theirs? Besides, it's just as likely (in fact slightly more likely) that an inexperienced player will be on the enemy team and you can farm them. Or there is one on each team and they balance. If they don't care how well they do and enjoy the game anyway, what right does anyone have to tell them what ships to play and how to play them?

I just gave him an advice as experienced player. If he wants to take it good, if he doesn't... good again. It's up to WG to make that choice to force someone to get regular tier before buying premium one or not.

Players
498 posts
2 hours ago, _DeathWing_ said:

I just gave him an advice as experienced player. If he wants to take it good, if he doesn't... good again. It's up to WG to make that choice to force someone to get regular tier before buying premium one or not.

Hey Deathwing, I could learn stuff from you! Can I join [-T-O-] as your padawan learner?

I see you as Obi Wan and me Anakin :)

• Funny 1

[-T-O-]
1,951 posts
5,437 battles
7 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Hey Deathwing, I could learn stuff from you! Can I join [-T-O-] as your padawan learner?

I see you as Obi Wan and me Anakin :)

sry we do not accept special players with special ships  

• Funny 1

Players
498 posts
1 hour ago, _DeathWing_ said:

sry we do not accept special players with special ships  

I think you fear I may become more powerful than you like Anakin becomes Vader.

• Funny 1

[-T-O-]
1,951 posts
5,437 battles
2 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

And I think you should l2p and git gud

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,818 posts
2,546 battles
4 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

I don't think anyone here would  complain if this happened...

[-F-H-]
Alpha Tester
422 posts
4,353 battles
9 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

30% win rate over 50 battles (which equal yur stats on the Kii) is nothing we will ever have to fear...

Sorry, but your stats are just proof that starting with high tier ships has no use, as you never learn how to propperly play this way. The

On 9.4.2018 at 5:36 PM, HMS_Argosax said:

[..]( since cant be asked to level up in) crappy ships

aren't crappy by the way, they just dont have so big guns and HP pool. But yea, if you want, keep spending money, wont improve your stats, quite the opposite; as premiums are usually the same or weaker compared to equal tier ships.

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,136 battles

This is all assuming that getting great stats is the only reason anyone plays this game. Some people just want to play specific ships, I can completely sympathise with not wanting to grind whole lines and follow the forced progression if the only ships that interest you happen to be high tier. Believe it or not but some people play this game mainly due to the historical connection and playing a specific ship because it's "that ship" is where the fun is, doesn't matter what the tier or gameplay is or how well they do.

[-T-O-]
1,951 posts
5,437 battles
1 hour ago, VC381 said:

This is all assuming that getting great stats is the only reason anyone plays this game. Some people just want to play specific ships, I can completely sympathise with not wanting to grind whole lines and follow the forced progression if the only ships that interest you happen to be high tier. Believe it or not but some people play this game mainly due to the historical connection and playing a specific ship because it's "that ship" is where the fun is, doesn't matter what the tier or gameplay is or how well they do.

Good. So that means you wouldn't mind if your stats drop like 3-5 % if you had this kind of players most of the time on your team (not possible but taking it as e.g.). Good to know that.