You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

Feedback FOR WG about quality of gameplay...

Feedback for wargaming...  

122 members have voted

1. 1. WG is doing anything to teach newbies how to play?

2. 2. CC program is doing far better job at teaching newbies how to play?

3. 3. Forum guides are helpful for newbies?

4. 4. Do you think that many newbies are actually visiting forum?

5. 5. Do you believe that WG is doing anything to improve quality of gameplay?

6. 6. In my opinion, quality of gameplay is:

• Better than last years.
    • Worse than last years.
    • Same as it was years.
  7. 7. Quality of gameplay on scale 1 to 10 (awful to awesome)

8. 8. In game tutorials and tips on scale 1 to 10 (awful to awesome)

9. 9. In future, I expect quality of gameplay to:

58 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles

After seeing some posts from wg staff, I have decided to try to collect some informations from community..  I would like to see what you guys think about quality of gameplay.

Because, someone is complaining about toxic teammates, and I strongly believe it is closely connected to this topic.

Thank you.

• Cool 4

[UNICS]
Players
2,786 posts
11,545 battles

Good game + bad to good players => mediocre to good gameplay. It's about the same quality it's always been. The game has just become more complex and the variety in skil level has increased. If you've played it for long, it's become more noticeable.

• Cool 4

[OGHF]
Players
528 posts
10,130 battles

Hate to say it, but there are to many ships, how can players learn to play  ships as they should be played  if they are constantly being bombardered with new ships or challenges for new ships. 

Totaly agree with @loppantorkel comment.

You only have to look at games with CV’s, if one CV Captain is  good and the other bad it has such a massive effect on a game.

A lot of players who start out and try to catch up to there mates who play at higher tiers and learn very little trying to tier up ( i fell into this trap, not the way to learn).

• Cool 3

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,403 posts

New or uninformed players are not an excuse for being toxic. One should not try to look for a connection between those two things.

The only ones responsible for being toxic, are the players who can't keep their fingers away from the keyboard when they feel a need to hurl abuse at others.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[TTT]
Players
3,608 posts
7,459 battles

questionable poll tbh - the first five questions all need an option of "somewhat", "some of them" or similar.

• Cool 3

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,573 posts
9,108 battles
1 minute ago, Egoleter said:

New or uninformed players are not an excuse for being toxic. One should not try to look for a connection between those two things.

The only ones responsible for being toxic, are the players who can't keep their fingers away from the keyboard and feel a need to hurl abuse at others.

The next time you're playing football, I'll be in your team, sitting down and playing cards, doing karate kicks to anyone getting close.

Anyone telling me to stop being an [edited]will automatically be reported as unsportmanship-like bullying, because apparently guaranteeing that the game be played with evveryone being nice to one another is more important than having a match where people don't actively sabotage the match.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 7
  • Bad 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,403 posts
13 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

The next time you're playing football, I'll be in your team, sitting down and playing cards, doing karate kicks to anyone getting close.

Anyone telling me to stop being an [edited]will automatically be reported as unsportmanship-like bullying, because apparently guaranteeing that the game be played with evveryone being nice to one another is more important than having a match where people don't actively sabotage the match.

Where did I say something about sabotaging players? Read my post more carefully next time. I said new or uninformed.

To take your example of the football team. There is a new player and he barely knows the rules. For some reason you need to take him into your team (maybe his parents sponsored the new trikots?). Would you rather explain the game to him or throw abuse at him the whole time.

For sabotaging players there is customer support (or the referee or trainer in your football example). So that's also no excuse for toxic chat behavior.

• Cool 5

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,573 posts
9,108 battles
1 minute ago, Egoleter said:

Where did I say something about sabotaging players? Read my post more carefully next time. I said new or uninformed.

To take your example of the football team. There is a new player and he barely knows the rules. For some reason you need to take him into your team (maybe his parents sponsored the new trikots?). Would you rather explain the game to him or throw abuse at him the whole time.

For sabotaging players there is customer support (or the referee or trainer in your football example).So that's also no excuse for toxic chat behavior.

And how do you know who is new and uninformed?

I don't really care if someone plays poorly, but at least tries to play.
DD going on a cap zone but gets murdered? Well he tried.
BB close to the action repairing the first fire and getting whittled down? He still has much to learn but it's ok.
Cruiser going full potato to 5 BBs? Ugh, fine, maybe he'll learn.

DD going map border sightseeing, spamming 10km torpedoes on targets 20km away despite having a T8 ship? Nope.
BB sniping with spotter plane from 26km, never being so much in actual range of a cap zone? Nope.
If you're blatantly not even trying to actually play the game, I'm telling you to play the game.
If you still don't respond, I'm telling you to stop being a moron, because even my 6 and 7 year old nephews understood the principle of the game, so you should be able to as well.

It's that damn simple.
If you've been playing football for very VERY literally thousands of matches and still don't understand that you're not allowed to pick up the ball with your hands, nor German suplex other players, then you're ruining MY game, along with 21 other players.
Why are players who are clearly not bothering to learn the very basics over thousands of battles, such as the fact that torpedoes that go 4km WON'T hit a target 20km away being more protected from being called morons than the other players in the match?

Why are words being punished more than blatant sabotage?

• Cool 13
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,403 posts
8 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

And how do you know who is new and uninformed?

I don't really care if someone plays poorly, but at least tries to play.
DD going on a cap zone but gets murdered? Well he tried.
BB close to the action repairing the first fire and getting whittled down? He still has much to learn but it's ok.
Cruiser going full potato to 5 BBs? Ugh, fine, maybe he'll learn.

DD going map border sightseeing, spamming 10km torpedoes on targets 20km away despite having a T8 ship? Nope.
BB sniping with spotter plane from 26km, never being so much in actual range of a cap zone? Nope.
If you're blatantly not even trying to actually play the game, I'm telling you to play the game.
If you still don't respond, I'm telling you to stop being a moron, because even my 6 and 7 year old nephews understood the principle of the game, so you should be able to as well.

It's that damn simple.
If you've been playing football for very VERY literally thousands of matches and still don't understand that you're not allowed to pick up the ball with your hands, nor German suplex other players, then you're ruining MY game, along with 21 other players.
Why are players who are clearly not bothering to learn the very basics over thousands of battles, such as the fact that torpedoes that go 4km WON'T hit a target 20km away being more protected from being called morons than the other players in the match?

Why are words being punished more than blatant sabotage?

You are putting motives into the other players behavior you have no proof for.

Your second case examples are all in the category of "uninformed". Teach them. Or deal with it that in a free to play game such characters might exist. It is not up to you to hurl abuse at them.

There simply is no excuse for abuse. Abuse will not teach anyone anything (except that you are bad tempered / mannered). It will not increase their skill. It will not suddenly give them a reason to learn more about the game. All you are doing is giving such players a bad impression of yourself and the community at large.

If a player plays bad it is not the end of the world. Always remember: This is just a game. If you do not have fun while playing this game, you are the one who might need to rethink if you are doing the right thing playing it. This isn't a competetive sport. There is no gain involved. The goal of this game is to have a fun time (and for the Wargaming crew to earn their living). For those of us who can't deal with random players there is clan battles. There you can select the players you want to play with.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Players
380 posts

I think they could do with better in-game tips. Forum thread asking about why no citadels with RN BB AP and that reminded me of how many things I know that aren't shown in the game. Where does it say in-game that RN BBs have short-fuse AP? Or that RN BBs and Germans get 1/4 penetration on their HE? Or that USN 203mm AP doesn't bounce so much? Or RN 152mm AP is "better", even if the maximum damage figure shown is lower than other nations?

Or to put it another way if I'm wrong about those things then double-checking should be as simple as looking at the ship in game as that would also help people to notice those things in the first place.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
766 posts
4,327 battles

In an ideal world humans evolve and excel together. In an ideal society, “everyone benefits from what they don’t know” because this is a base purpose of society and part of what leads to civilisation.

In today’s world, humans are not equal, society is not a family, and not everyone gets a right to civilisation. The weak are rightfully preyed on and the strong are strong only because of thus.

In WoWs, we can take respite and solace in a magical world where we may imagine that the above concepts are not absolute, and that there is hope and humanity yet, because the game is such a hotbed of civility and hospitality. Friendliness and kindness is the natural order of things instead of otherwise, thanks to masterful design and genius foresight by WG.

I wish.

P.S. Funny poll.

• Boring 1

[B_H_D]
[B_H_D]
Beta Tester
53 posts
6,658 battles

I have seen this game  going  down steadily in quality of gameplay in the past 2 years, be it random battles or co-op.

On the upside, for WG, sales of premium ships have gone up, and Steam-launch has attracted more players.... (    )

I expect more and more experienced players to turn their back on this game, while more wallet-warriors and " I dont care about wins, I play fun/ exp /credits'', will inhabit this game. Together with a small contingent of diehards/tryhards in the competivite clan-battle scene of course. So all is well for the WG cash machine.

Usually I avoid playing on weekends altogether, but just broke my own rule today and played a few battles...

Logged out again in total disgust because of the clueless players in tier 6,7,8 premium ships  who never played  regular/silver ships above tier 3.

And dont start me talking about toxicity  because of "'stats"' ....

Or about trying to "'teach"' that polish Carrier player to give his teammates air support against  enemy torpedobombers:

- he thinks he is in singleplay-modus having fun

- he does not want to be teached

- he simply does not listen

- he does not understand english

- (edit) he does not visit this forum or any forum ( we are just a tiny group of forum-warriords talking to each other.:cap_tea:

- and so on.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
580 posts
3,751 battles

Game is good itself. But MM definately needs to be drastically changed. Noobs with 10 total battles on their T8 premium should be prevented from joining high tier games with players who have thousands of battles under thier belts.

1 hour ago, Egoleter said:

If a player plays bad it is not the end of the world. Always remember: This is just a game. If you do not have fun while playing this game, you are the one who might need to rethink if you are doing the right thing playing it. This isn't a competetive sport. There is no gain involved. The goal of this game is to have a fun time (and for the Wargaming crew to earn their living). For those of us who can't deal with random players there is clan battles. There you can select the players you want to play with.

As already said, we can deal with bad players. But people who refuse to learn and practice the basic concepts of the game should not be protected with "it's just a game" argument. They are delibaretly being morons and deserve to be called out. This is a competitive game and morons should play co-op only instead of ruining other people's games...

• Cool 3

[8BIT]
[8BIT]
Players
95 posts

From someone who has recently started to play, l have found the resources on these forums and the help from players pretty decent, barring a minority.

The biggest problem for learning is the coop battles, purely from an economic aspect there is no point in playing them, because of the reduced credits you earn. This leaves any new player often earning minus credits due to the service costs of the ships being the same. It seems like you gotta get out of coop as fast as possible instead of being able to take your time and actually learn the ship/tactics and aiming.

One thing that I would like is WG to to work on expanding the training room and making a coop situation, where player can learn to play against the bots (not just ships that do nothing) without economic penalty or gain. However,  As it stands not only are players trying to learn, but they are pressurised into performing, which from my experiences is a bad thing because the rush to earn xp/credits. I would love to go back and start all my ships in this environment until I felt comfortable and confident enough to enter the PvP arena.

• Cool 5

[B_H_D]
[B_H_D]
Beta Tester
53 posts
6,658 battles
On 8-4-2018 at 1:47 PM, Cyclops_ said:

You only have to look at games with CV’s, if one CV Captain is  good and the other bad it has such a massive effect on a game.

Actually  - I suppose most of you are talking from a random- battle perspective - this is not only the case in random battles, it is  also the case in co-op battles:

How ?

If the player is totally new, or has hundreds of battles but totally ignore the flow of the battle and his teammates; battle will be lost. Battleships will be sunk by enemy carrier  torpedobombers, and carrier will waste his time by flying all his planes for 5 minutes all over the map, fail to sink enemy carrier, and then waste another 5 minutes flying what is left of all his planes back to carrier. Meanwhile half of the team will be sunk at the 10 minutes mark ( no air support)

If the carrier player is good it can be seen in the end results:  no teammates will be sunk (apart form 1 or 2 unlucky dudes maybe), enemy tropedobombers  will all be shot down, and - after destroying  1 or 2 enemy :bot-battleships.  After that, the  good carrier player will have time to sink enemy :bot-carrier:  as top of the cake.

And /or save the day by winning the battle for  the team .  ""thats how its done"" :cap_book:

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,403 posts
5 hours ago, Kenjiro_ said:

They are delibaretly being morons and deserve to be called out.

Why? How do two wrongs create a right in such a case?

Being abusive is wrong. You can not deny that. There are rules for this game that tell you exactly that. They tell you that you have to respect the other players and that abusive chat comments are not OK. You accept those rules when you start to play.

Are you telling us that you expect those rules to no longer apply to you if you believe someone is deliberatly bad? You want a special exception that allows you to be toxic? Really?

Edit: Maybe all those who believe they have the right to call out bad apples and to insult them in some form need to learn something too? Not within the game though. They need to learn some self control to hold back their urge to type abusive chat messages. You see... that might be is more important then a stupid online game.

• Cool 3

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts
22 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Don't you mean "teaching" in the poll questions?

He's not a native English speaker, it's an easy mistake to make.

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
Just now, BeauNidl3 said:

I understand that, English is not my native language either, I pointed it put since it would be a bit easier to understand if it's changed. :Smile_Default:

Spoiler

In fact I learned most of English being corrected at first so I don't think it's a big deal, not the intention either. :Smile_teethhappy:

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts
2 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

I understand that, English is not my native language either, I pointed it put since it would be a bit easier to understand if it's changed. :Smile_Default:

Reveal hidden contents

In fact I learned most of English being corrected at first so I don't think it's a big deal, not the intention either. :Smile_teethhappy:

I agree, just the way you wrote it, well it looks a bit more like poking fun than suggesting a correction.

I am a native English speaker and over many games and many years of working in Europe I can tell pretty fast if people simply don't know exactly the right word in English which is a rather silly language with irregular words all over the place and someone who're simply too damn lazy to use the right word, there for their and they're as a classic example.

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles
10 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Edited. Sorry.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,150 battles

Honestly it's baffling that there aren't any operations for low tier ships. They'd provide the perfect platform for new players to learn how to play the game if you design them the right way.

• Cool 8

[SCRUB]
Players
6,944 posts
9,129 battles

Besically a "No" to everything. Even though the various CCs do a decent if not amazing job at providing heaps of informations, tips and advices, none of that will ever reach a newbie unless she explicitly searches for it.

Players
1,423 posts
10,102 battles

Gameplay the last year has adapted to game mechanics which means.

- generally improved aiming skillz (BB AP on DD issue has surfaced)

- More camping as a result of better aiming = more lethal game environment.

So in conclusion, gameplay has "improved" according to game incentives....but the result is game experience that is less and less enjoyable.

[SCRUB]
Players
6,944 posts
9,129 battles
14 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

- generally improved aiming skillz (BB AP on DD issue has surfaced)

Yeah, I'm going to say lolno here.

BB AP on DD issue surfaced not because people somehow got better at aiming. It surfaced because the BB heavy meta simply created so many more instances of it happening that it garnered special attention.

And the camping has nothing to do with people aiming better. People camped hard long before and there's a plethora of excuses you could shake a stick at.