You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger

Repubique have a big bug

17 comments in this topic

Players
429 posts
4,790 battles

I know that this sometimes happens on all ship but on Republique it happens every game 3-5-7 times per game ----  penetration count as a 0 damage, you got 2 pen ribbons and you score 0 damage on brand new enemy ship..

I don't know does only 10 people work on WOWS or what is the problem, this game become bug after bug after bug, QC drop 10x from year ago ..

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,577 battles

Full penetration on DDs is feature as well for 2 years.

Bbabies cant handle one feature for patch. Meh

[CQC]
Beta Tester
44 posts
3,906 battles

one day they might actually change that modul destruction and turret pens actually do damage..... but i doubt it.

Still doing since ages 2-4 pens into turrets for 0 damage and not even a knocked out gun.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,676 posts
13,098 battles

Penetration on modules such as AA guns, barbettes/turrets and torp launchers as well as torpedo bulges (if you don't penetrate the armor behind it) deal no damage.

• Cool 4

[TF16]
Community Contributor
3,940 posts
8,961 battles

Some ships have duoble layer armor plating. So you got ribbon for first penetration, but shell did not penetrate second layer of armor and then is 0 damage. Mechanics of ribbon is broken - it's always shows only first event.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,534 posts
6,372 battles
3 hours ago, Cime said:

penetration count as a 0 damage, you got 2 pen ribbons and you score 0 damage on brand new enemy ship..

Not a bug.

There are many "0 dmg zones" on ships

• Saturated-depleted parts of hull - same blackended look as saturated parts, but does not give  any further dmg for penetrations (if I remember correctly overpens still do damage)
  • Spaced armour - as an example I can mention torpedo bulges. If the shell penetrates a bulge, but not the ship behind it - that's a 0 dmg pen
  • AA - altho usually they aren't armored enough to stop an AP shell, this would be more the case for HE
  • Secondary Batteries - you damage the module not the ship
  • Main Batteries - you damage the module not the ship
  • Barbettes - you damage the turret above it not the ship
  • Torpedo launchers - you damage the module not the ship

One that I am not sure of (and it would probably be damn hard to reliably test) is if conning tower counts as superstructure hit or no damage zone

[NED]
Players
4,016 posts
10,841 battles

All of the above. It is the biggest RNG miracle in this game. You happen to exactly hit a AA machine guns half the size of your shell, penetrate the galley or shoot through a porthole, the shell doesn't meet anything in the shop and it exists at the porthole on the other side.

Sounds like bs? Good because that's exactly what I feel about the pen with no damage hit. Bounce, shatter, missing: I get that. 0 DMG. I just can't wrap my brain around a 0 dmg pen hit! Yes a dud: but ffs give me at least half overpen DMG!

This bug is the one getting me the most next to the cholera attack sound of getting a hard hit.

• Cool 1

[OSWEG]
Players
161 posts
3,252 battles

I agree this seems to be a new feature. Ive never seen no damage pens before the french BB patch and now it happens every game, especially with certain ships it seems and almost exclusivly in BBs.

Speaking of RNG shellhits I also struggle to see how 3 shells that hit the hull of an enemy battleship broadside can have one shell bounce, one shell shatter and one shell overpen.

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,195 posts
11,002 battles
Vor 5 Stunden, AdmiralDing3Ling sagte:

I agree this seems to be a new feature. Ive never seen no damage pens before the french BB patch and now it happens every game, especially with certain ships it seems and almost exclusivly in BBs.

It's not new. This mechanic has been in the game since years. And it happens to cruisers and destroyers too.

Vor 5 Stunden, AdmiralDing3Ling sagte:

Speaking of RNG shellhits I also struggle to see how 3 shells that hit the hull of an enemy battleship broadside can have one shell bounce, one shell shatter and one shell overpen.

Because they hit different areas with different hull strength and angle. There is absolutely no RNG involved when the game calculates this. (Only dispersion of course)

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,534 posts
6,372 battles
12 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

I just can't wrap my brain around a 0 dmg pen hit! Yes a dud: but ffs give me at least half overpen DMG!

Actually the reasoning is really easy

14 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:
  • Saturated-depleted parts of hull - same blackended look as saturated parts, but does not give  any further dmg for penetrations (if I remember correctly overpens still do damage)
  • Spaced armour - as an example I can mention torpedo bulges. If the shell penetrates a bulge, but not the ship behind it - that's a 0 dmg pen
  • AA - altho usually they aren't armored enough to stop an AP shell, this would be more the case for HE
  • Secondary Batteries - you damage the module not the ship
  • Main Batteries - you damage the module not the ship
  • Barbettes - you damage the turret above it not the ship
  • Torpedo launchers - you damage the module not the ship

In the same order as there:

• Everything already destroyed, nothing to damage further
  • Shell explodes outside the ship (inside the torp bulge for example) and the ships armour withstands the explosion (a.k.a. is thick enough) - ship itself isn't damaged
  • Armoured enough AA / Secondaries / Main Battery / Barbettes / Torpedo launchers - you do damage tho the module, which can get saturated and eventually destroyed (saturated-depleted) not the ship itself

5 hours ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

I agree this seems to be a new feature.

Well it's not, it has been here as long as I can remember. You being unaware about it (a.k.a. not paying any attention to what your shells are doing) doesn't make it new

5 hours ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

They hit at different angles on different armour zones. Easily could be a hit on the main belt (shatter), a hit on thin armour right next to it (overpen), and a hit on something well angled nearby (like the deck right above it) (bounce)

The only RNG there is your dispersion

[NED]
Players
4,016 posts
10,841 battles
10 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

In the same order as there:

• Everything already destroyed, nothing to damage further
  • Shell explodes outside the ship (inside the torp bulge for example) and the ships armour withstands the explosion (a.k.a. is thick enough) - ship itself isn't damaged
  • Armoured enough AA / Secondaries / Main Battery / Barbettes / Torpedo launchers - you do damage tho the module, which can get saturated and eventually destroyed (saturated-depleted) not the ship itself

TD:DR: keep spamming HE.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,534 posts
6,372 battles
31 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

TD:DR: keep spamming HE.

And that fixes it how exactly?

• Much lower alpha (like 50...66% lower generally?)
  • Almost nonexistant citadel chance
  • Slight chance of fire to add more RNG into your already RNG accuracy which can be repaired & 100% healed
  • Saturated areas still saturated = 0 dmg
  • Explosions in (on) spaced armour still do 0 bcuz they explode outside the ship (and with detonating on impact they have no chance of penetrating the ship whatsoever)
  • Other 0 dmg zones (like turrets and so on) are either too thick (shatter) or still 0 dmg zones

Players
429 posts
4,790 battles

So, when I hit broadside let's say Kurfurst at the start of the game 23km away and I don't get any "broken" AA or sec. icon but i score 2 shell hit and it is penetration and it score 0 damage - so now I don't have only   RNG on dispersion  (awful, disgusting as one is on Republique ) and than I manage to not have ricochet, shatter or over pen now I will have new chance again that will tell me that I hit some space in armor, barbet, drunken sailor that caught my 1321kg 840m/s shell and trow it back to the sea or some black hole opened and suck that 2 shell ?????

If you hit and pen anything on ship with 1321kg shell with 840m/s speed it will do absurd amount of damage whatever it go trough - by any logic at all you can not tell me that damage will be = 0 not meter how arcade this game is, I do understand that it could be full pen, half pen or citadel but 0 damage is BS, we already have ricochet, shatter and over pen..

I'am not crying here or being a bbaby - I'am cruiser player mostly ( I even don't like BB much ) but nerfing it on this retarded way is just plan stupid - it would be a lot better that WG bring citadela "BUG" that we had for I few day and try nerfing BB that way -- this 0 dam PEN is absolute BS 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,534 posts
6,372 battles
15 minutes ago, Cime said:

I don't get any "broken" AA or sec. icon

Penetrating them doesn't automatically mean breaking them. Easily can take more than 1 pen for that

16 minutes ago, Cime said:

so now I don't have only   RNG on dispersion  (awful, disgusting as one is on Republique ) and than I manage to not have ricochet, shatter or over pen now I will have new chance again that will tell me that I hit some space in armor, barbet, drunken sailor that caught my 1321kg 840m/s shell and trow it back to the sea or some black hole opened and suck that 2 shell ?????

It's not RNG, it's just the spot that you hit.

17 minutes ago, Cime said:

by any logic at all you can not tell me that damage will be = 0 not meter how arcade this game is,

You did 0 dmg to the SHIP.

You still did dmg to the module, but that is not shown & counted in the same way. Deal enough dmg and you will permanently knock out those modules

19 minutes ago, Cime said:

but nerfing it on this retarded way

It's.... not any kind of abuff or nerf. And that's how it works for any ship. It's not only "BB" thing. French cruisers have their black hole spaced armour. All surface-combat ships have some turrets and barbettes to hit. Most ships have secondaries, some have armoured enough (usually DP) AA guns. It's the locations where you hit, and nothing more than that.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,764 battles
47 minutes ago, Cime said:

So, when I hit broadside let's say Kurfurst at the start of the game 23km away and I don't get any "broken" AA or sec. icon but i score 2 shell hit and it is penetration and it score 0 damage - so now I don't have only   RNG on dispersion  (awful, disgusting as one is on Republique ) and than I manage to not have ricochet, shatter or over pen now I will have new chance again that will tell me that I hit some space in armor, barbet, drunken sailor that caught my 1321kg 840m/s shell and trow it back to the sea or some black hole opened and suck that 2 shell ?????

If you hit and pen anything on ship with 1321kg shell with 840m/s speed it will do absurd amount of damage whatever it go trough - by any logic at all you can not tell me that damage will be = 0 not meter how arcade this game is, I do understand that it could be full pen, half pen or citadel but 0 damage is BS, we already have ricochet, shatter and over pen..

I'am not crying here or being a bbaby - I'am cruiser player mostly ( I even don't like BB much ) but nerfing it on this retarded way is just plan stupid - it would be a lot better that WG bring citadela "BUG" that we had for I few day and try nerfing BB that way -- this 0 dam PEN is absolute BS 

Lets see

Funnels - hitting these has no impact on the ship itself and should not do damage, straight pen/overpens, but not worth hitting (not even sure if they count as hit zoned for game purposes).

Ships boats - smashed to smithereens, if the ship sinks, the crew might be in trouble, otherwise no impact on the ship itself

Searchlight station - ditto above

Those are some of the obvious bits that shells can totally obliterate but not impact on the functionality of the ship itself

This is the basis of the All Or Nothing armour scheme - anything outside of that can be smashed to smithereens but it does not impact on the abilities of the ship itself (main guns and engines basically, even armoured conning towers were subject to design 'fashion') - it'll loose whatever looks it had and be a mess to fix back up, but all the important things still work. AAA mounts count as outside that.

An incremental armour scheme, by having  armour spread over a larger area of a ship just risked making the target bigger while actually protecting "nothing of importance" over and above what an AoN scheme did. 

In short, I understand the possibilities of why, but think that the ribbon calculation is at fault.