Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BIGGUN_DK

Bigger teams in co-op battle

9 comments in this topic

[SPI]
Beta Tester
22 posts
11,704 battles

Hey

I often play with my freinds ,and often we are 4-5-6-7 ppl online that would like to team op and play together. It would be nice if it was possible to make teams of up to 7 in co-op battles, i understand that it would be unfair in random, but in co-op i guess the bot's dont care. So why not make it possible for more ppl to team up in co-op??.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
3,568 posts
7,449 battles

with 7 people, you can also do scenarios.

But yeah, I dont really see a downside to removing the division limit in Coop - as you say, the bots don't particularly care, Coop is already a mostly guaranteed win so you wouldn't actually be gaining much in the way of extra rewards through better winrate...

Only problem I could theoretically see would be some sort of trolling where your massive division could make life hell for the other few human players on your team, but... it's not like that cant already be done with three ships, and it's not exactly common^^

Beta Tester
271 posts
3,356 battles

Have you tried setting up operations? You can make a full team and decide what scenario you want to play ☺️

[EST]
[EST]
Players
689 posts
17,396 battles

I'm sure BOTS have feelings too and they might even come and prove it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,020 posts

@BIGGUN_DK  Fair point, not something I would use, but I can see where it would be fun.

The mechanics for larger divisions exist for Operations and Clan Battles, in theory it should only need to be enabled for the COOP mode which I doubt would be terribly challenging. @MrConway, is it possible to look into this?

Nice to have options.

Beta Tester
3,659 posts
12,811 battles

CoOp team sizes are great... I would even like to see random teams getting reduced to maybe just 10 or even only 8 ships... less ships = more tactics needed

[HAERT]
Players
2,020 posts
3 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

CoOp team sizes are great... I would even like to see random teams getting reduced to maybe just 10 or even only 8 ships... less ships = more tactics needed

I agree the 12v12 format is tedious especially with 5 BB a side that leads to incessant camping. Of course what the OP is asking for is larger Division options in CoOp, but that doesn't effect your point. 

The Space Battle format which I think is 7v7 (can someone confirm? I've not got the client running here) is a far better fight in most cases as there are less BB's, coincidentally this is similar in some ways to Clan Battles. There's abundant evidence that less BB's leads to better games, it would be really nice if they could recognise that and hard cap BB numbers in the main Randoms.

Players
503 posts
1,775 battles
19 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

The Space Battle format which I think is 7v7 (can someone confirm? I've not got the client running here

9v9 IIRC, but yeah smaller teams opens up for more individual plays. Maybe WG could make a couple of smaller maps for 9v9 or 7v7 at T7-10, would be interesting to try anyway.

[HAERT]
Players
2,020 posts
5 minutes ago, CleverViking said:

9v9 IIRC, but yeah smaller teams opens up for more individual plays. Maybe WG could make a couple of smaller maps for 9v9 or 7v7 at T7-10, would be interesting to try anyway.

Thanks, I wasn't sure, but I knew it was less than 12v12, I've never seen more than 3 BB's a side and sometimes less.

On occasions I've played Randoms at very stupid o'clock (like the 04:30 it is now) and had smaller teams on standard maps, to be honest I don't think the maps need to be adjusted as the tactics change to accommodate, apart from the incurable campers who find they get horribly outflanked and clobbered. 

Sign in to follow this