You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
capt_sinkme

torps/ships

12 comments in this topic

Question

[B-RB]
Players
14 posts
7,563 battles

just a little question and comment .So comment well done for bringing out more ships they say about the spice of life and all which to me is a cool thing... also deep water torps ?  not done the yanks ships yet but the type 93 standard torp used by Japan at the time... depth in the water between 10 and 59 inch 

ques 

torpedos in game still far to many with the torp boost goes completely beyond the realm of fantasy next your be telling us that photon torps will be in the the next patch  ;).i did a bit of digging and found that ie japanese dds and cruisers a like only carried a max number i.e Hatsuhara /Asashio( Test ship) only carried 16 torpedoes . Shimakaze 15 ,Fubuki 18    cruisers - Furataka 16 ,Tenru 16, Aoba 16 , and Kuma /Natori carried 32 at type 6 where all others type 93 were used ....so why is it that the dds and cruisers alike  can fire  stupid amounts of torps. to add to tactical flavour more why not historically limmit the torps to say 18 and once used tuff ?   which would stop a lot of camping by the bbs ,theyed probably want to push a bit more 

ps Graff Zeplin you got in the german line it may have been laid down in germany but was finished by the Italians .had italian planes etc was sank in the Baltic Sea ..why not put it where it should be in the Italian line , you know it would make sense after all you have got the Murmansk(Omaha) in the Russian tech tree when that was built by the Yanks ..

11 answers to this question

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,078 posts
3,751 battles

You have to sacrifice realism if you want to make a game fun : DD havve unlimited torpedoes but BBs can heal.

You are complaining about torpedoes but strangely you say nothing about BB heal or damage party (how can a ship stop fires in a second and repair in 30 sec ?), the hability to switch ammo immediatly (it could take minutes historically).

And if WG then only makes torpedoes historically acccurate to please you, then you will barely be able to spot them from far away (hell japanese type 93 torpedo is even impossible to spot) and only one torpedo hit will be able to destroy you.

And I don't even talk about the fact that DD should then be way more numerous than batttleships (something like 50 DD ffor 1 BB) and economically speaking, you would need to play a lot of games in DDs before being able to afford playing your battleship.

[VAR]
Players
598 posts
7,660 battles

Would be interesting to have a trial-mode With a more realistic setting With Limited ammo, longer reload, no heal etc etc ... and after taking some hits you would loose crew and everything takes more time (the opposite of AR sort of)

As a general implementation it would never work but as a mod or Limited game mode it could ...

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,190 posts
10,969 battles

Great idea. And while we are at it, let's reduce battleships hit ratio to historical values of ~3%. And let CVs start all their planes, not just 3 to 8 squads.

And when your ship is sunk, it will be lost forever and you can't play it again.

Realism in games is so enjoyable :cap_book:

[TF16]
Community Contributor
3,937 posts
8,937 battles
6 minutes ago, capt_sinkme said:

just a little question and comment .So comment well done for bringing out more ships they say about the spice of life and all which to me is a cool thing... also deep water torps ?  not done the yanks ships yet but the type 93 standard torp used by Japan at the time... depth in the water between 10 and 59 inch 

ques 

torpedos in game still far to many with the torp boost goes completely beyond the realm of fantasy next your be telling us that photon torps will be in the the next patch  ;).i did a bit of digging and found that ie japanese dds and cruisers a like only carried a max number i.e Hatsuhara /Asashio( Test ship) only carried 16 torpedoes . Shimakaze 15 ,Fubuki 18    cruisers - Furataka 16 ,Tenru 16, Aoba 16 , and Kuma /Natori carried 32 at type 6 where all others type 93 were used ....so why is it that the dds and cruisers alike  can fire  stupid amounts of torps. to add to tactical flavour more why not historically limmit the torps to say 18 and once used tuff ?   which would stop a lot of camping by the bbs ,theyed probably want to push a bit more 

ps Graff Zeplin you got in the german line it may have been laid down in germany but was finished by the Italians .had italian planes etc was sank in the Baltic Sea ..why not put it where it should be in the Italian line , you know it would make sense after all you have got the Murmansk(Omaha) in the Russian tech tree when that was built by the Yanks ..

Let do it, but remeber that BB have limited ammo too. Avarege shell capacity of battleships was about 100-120 per gun. When you shoot only aft guns you cannot move ammo from forward magazine.
WoWs is not a simulator - this is game.

[CATS]
Players
13,528 posts
10,352 battles
56 minutes ago, capt_sinkme said:

ques 

Because this is no simulation!

If you have trouble with torps, learn to deal with them. Torps are balanced and easy to avoid.

Btw. BB camp even when there are no torpedos in match. Have seen that too often to believe any excuses like yours. People camp the map border because they are incompetent. Take away the torpedos and these players are still incompetent.

[B-RB]
Players
14 posts
7,563 battles

im well aware its a game and  and i enjoy it for what it is .. i would love to see more historical values in may a certain types of game play  maybe in the operations battles  it would maybe give the game another dynamic side .

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
13,528 posts
10,352 battles
3 hours ago, capt_sinkme said:

im well aware its a game and  and i enjoy it for what it is .. i would love to see more historical values in may a certain types of game play  maybe in the operations battles  it would maybe give the game another dynamic side .

Then why did you not start with the hit ratio of BBs, their Heal, Damage Control or the AA? Why did you start with torpedos?

And since when are two hour battles more dynamic that 20 minute battles where 15+ ships sink?

[B-RB]
Players
14 posts
7,563 battles

Firstly my apologies to all for the half [edited] question i should have encompassed all ammo types in the question and not just the torps and it should have been all ships .. the question should have been a bit more thought out ;To incorporate the limited ammo/torps etc  for an added extra historical aspect to the game thats what i was getting at without changing the other aspects of a game that i do enjoy like you guys, But the deep water torps.. ive seen the vids  needs a rethink though....did not mean  to get any hackles up once again my apologies  

cheers guys.

Beta Tester
271 posts
3,337 battles

I believe that if you were to set amount of torpedoes carried into battle, you'd have to make them that much more devastating. It's already very easy to prevent getting hit by torpedoes and if you suddenly restrict a DD to only have 2 full loads of torpedoes, imagine how useless that DD would be, while BBs could still sit safe around an island 20km away and blab cruisers and DDs left and right with AP volleys...

If you want historical accuracy and/or realism, World of Warships is the wrong game to play :).

Players
41 posts
1,828 battles
On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎07 at 3:07 PM, capt_sinkme said:

ques 

Yes, Historic Ships, I like real Battleships. More af this..