Gnirf

Udaloi/Gremy build captain skills

7 comments in this topic

[H_FAN]
Players
1,850 posts
20,697 battles

Hi fellow experts

In the Santas presents I recieved the Gremy as last possible ship draw after every other ship was fixed or bought way earlier.

That the ship is OP is beyond doubt. Even for me the ship performs great. I have used my Udaloi captain, PM, LS, DE, AFT, CE and have 5 points, thinking what to aim for, Gremy is only T5 so SE is not worth that much o her more on Udaloi, Torp reload, Gremy is fast but Udaloi needs it, etc BFT to get higher reload and AR is the 5 points I think of most. What do you think? I seldom knifefight so I have avoided EM.

Ud Gremy.jpg

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles
28 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

I seldom knifefight so I have avoided EM.

While Gremy sure ain't close range brawler priority should be contesting caps and taking down enemy DDs.

But with not meeting radar that often planning ahead is better than Last Stand, giving those two points for EM.

Because it's bad planning if you have fair trading of hits with enemy or let enemies ambush you...

Though guess that would make Udaloi incompatible skipper.

And with Gremy not being supersonic speedboat SI for extra smoke and speed boost are useful, for example for capping. After contesting enemy DD got sinked smoke firing can be used to harass enemy while capping.

I also use BFT to have litte more DPM to start with without having taken damage.

Don't myself have DE, but the way some BBs feel fire starting and HE proof that could certainly work nicely to maybe get that one fire per half minute of shooting...

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,850 posts
20,697 battles
48 minutes ago, EsaTuunanen said:

While Gremy sure ain't close range brawler priority should be contesting caps and taking down enemy DDs.

But with not meeting radar that often planning ahead is better than Last Stand, giving those two points for EM.

Because it's bad planning if you have fair trading of hits with enemy or let enemies ambush you...

Though guess that would make Udaloi incompatible skipper.

And with Gremy not being supersonic speedboat SI for extra smoke and speed boost are useful, for example for capping. After contesting enemy DD got sinked smoke firing can be used to harass enemy while capping.

I also use BFT to have litte more DPM to start with without having taken damage.

Don't myself have DE, but the way some BBs feel fire starting and HE proof that could certainly work nicely to maybe get that one fire per half minute of shooting...

The Man I hoped for thanks!:Smile_honoring: Yes I like to mount DE on DDs with good guns, I use prem consumables so therefor not SI on Gremy, although I could see the use.

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Unless enemies sail in straight lines Gremy's minute long travel time torps certainly aren't great to rely on to counter BBs.

I get most Devastating Strikes from smoke sittings DDs.

Maybe trying to play IJN torpedo boat style avoiding all contacts would give some more hits from broadside launches.

But then you give enemy destroyers more freedom and map control...

So kinda feel the DE would be needed.

There are times when Gremy's guns feel like some fire chanceless USN DD guns.

Like fair 80 hits in match and single fire recently.

Or then in another match 50 hits to Lyon and zero fires.

And very little any damage because that bugger doesn't even have superstructure to pen.

Arizona/NM/Colorado/Nagato could be at least spammed with AP if they show side.

That way those players don't have chance to complain about HE spam... :Smile_teethhappy:

(but they can still report you because you did damage to them)

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,662 posts
13,098 battles

AR is pretty much the universal skill nowadays as it provides amazing returns for little investment.

BFT increases your gun power, which enhances the strengths of your ship even further.

Mind you I don't have a Gremy, but I'm grinding the RU DD line right now (at Minsk currently). Personally I hate the godawful turret traverse so much that I picked EM over DE.

• Cool 2

[B4P]
Beta Tester
23 posts
4,153 battles

Russian dds have best shell velocity so AFT on high tiers is needed. Also their camo isnt so good and that makes trouble when you need to play on distance below ~9-10 kms to enemy ship bigger than DD.  AR is slighty one of the best perks possible, so in my opinion necessary perk. But if you ask about BFT i would consider getting Survivability Expert in place of BFT.