You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RegiaMarinaX

CV player pro vs medium player

83 comments in this topic

[-MMI-]
[-MMI-]
Players
145 posts
15,056 battles

Hello everyone I wanted to open a kind of vote to take a look at the problem of aircraft carriers in the game and how it could be a much funnier class for everyone to play:
1) remove the manual fire from the squadrons of fighters
2) completely remove automatic tracking for air squadrons of bombers and torpedoes
3) please give a vote to this proposal which I believe is the easiest thing that WG staf can do.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 4

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,699 posts
13,142 battles

If I'm understanding correctly you want the devs to open a poll as to whether players want strafing and auto drop to be removed or not?

Because that'd be rather pointless considering WG is currently banking everything on the CV rework, which will apparently change everything anyway.

My personal opinions on

- removing strafe:

No, strafing was introduced to make fighters useful and not just sacrificial pawns or scouts. Removing strafe would make fighters worthless in their air interception role once again, especially since nowadays a combination of Evasive Maneuvers and Expert Rear Gunner would make clicking bombers extremely foolish.

- removing auto drop:

Yes, auto drop has no reason to exist other than making bad players perform worse. People may say that it makes CV play easier for inexperienced players, when in reality it's just :etc_swear:ing them over big time.

• Cool 1

[-MMI-]
[-MMI-]
Players
145 posts
15,056 battles

I mean automatic selection on squadrons of fighters and manual on torpedo and bombs, this is all simple and very fast to do I think.

would it be nice to know what WG has in mind to do with CV if ever possible?

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
3 hours ago, RegiaMarinaX said:

if we see how log they did "work" on GZ i bet WG has no idea what to do with CV

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,799 battles
3 hours ago, RegiaMarinaX said:

No idea, I just hope that their new interface or whatever they came up with both rewards good players but at least bring some short of chance to the inexperienced.

I started long ago with Cv-play but did not like it as the visuals is not interesting - I am to much of a naval buff - The Noob insults -although deserved - are something that also made me refrain - if you are a DD/CA/BB and play badly you - not if you border play but if you move forward and sink by overextending foolishly and hardly hit anything that you often get away with, but that manual drop needed more practice than I at that moment was willing to invest in coop play/random low tier , Are at T5, just got the Ryujyo but no games, learned the cv play the old days when it was manual at t4 - better days IMO.

Will maybe try again in summer. Have 3 CVs in collection that I have not played anything so I might try them in coop then - not to harm anyone - Kaga, Saipan, Enterprise. Randoms in these are out of the question atm.

[BGNAV]
Players
226 posts
3,147 battles

I bet all they got in mind to do is nerf them, like 20% stats reduction 

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
580 posts
7,404 battles

Hello. Just wonder oe thing. How can a noob like me ever learn to play carrier when all unicums play in low and mid tier just to farm xp and hunt better stats? I have meet really unicums those few games i have dared to try cv in random. Needless to say the outcome. Lost all interest in cv. To sad. So i vote for Regias proposal :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,260 posts
7,954 battles
14 minutes ago, darkstar73 said:

Hello. Just wonder oe thing. How can a noob like me ever learn to play carrier when all unicums play in low and mid tier just to farm xp and hunt better stats? I have meet really unicums those few games i have dared to try cv in random. Needless to say the outcome. Lost all interest in cv. To sad. So i vote for Regias proposal :Smile_great:

You can learn manual attacks in operations. You can learn countering better players by playing against better players ^^

Players
196 posts
15,819 battles
10 minutes ago, aboomination said:

You can learn manual attacks in operations. You can learn countering better players by playing against better players ^^

He won all his games in his Kaga against the "unicums"...

Even more funny is, that his most played ship is the Imperator Nikolai while complaining about others playing low/mid tier to farm XP and better stats.

10/10.

• Funny 6

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
580 posts
7,404 battles
2 hours ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

He won all his games in his Kaga against the "unicums"...

Even more funny is, that his most played ship is the Imperator Nikolai while complaining about others playing low/mid tier to farm XP and better stats.

10/10.

Ehh?All my games? They are not many games in her. And what about Nikolai? I played with that one years ago. When it was released. Now I don't. I have no ed forward. Try to learn other ships. And why the hell do you nog me for? No damned reason to. I asked a fair question.  Abomination gave a great answer. Yours are just ridiculous. Have nothing to do with this. Go ahead and check note stats now mate. 

And you seems to like at looking on others stats. But WHY DO YOU HIDE YOURS? Are you that good? Or bad? 

• Cool 2

[RAIN]
Community Contributor
879 posts
10,790 battles
8 hours ago, RegiaMarinaX said:

I mean automatic selection on squadrons of fighters and manual on torpedo and bombs, this is all simple and very fast to do I think.

:Smile_amazed:

So you can remove the class .

All the ships on WoWs are skills dependents , so why remove the skill part of the CV ?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,987 battles
5 hours ago, 15JG52Adler said:

if we see how log they did "work" on GZ i bet WG has no idea what to do with CV

They made what we in RPG terms call a Glasscannon..... HP, slow speed... and BIG BOOM 

mang

[-MMI-]
[-MMI-]
Players
145 posts
15,056 battles

i hope realy WG see some good news for who like use some time CV ,)

Players
560 posts
4,697 battles

Best news would be they just forget that we exist.

Every time we got attention it was another nerf, another nofly AA line of ships, another [edited] idea....

Just forget the last 3% of players playing CVs....

• Cool 1

[132AN]
[132AN]
Players
15 posts
7,169 battles

Manual drop is plain and simply OVERPOWERED.  

Artillery fire is "skill-vs-skill" (aiming-vs-dodging/angling)

Torpedo launch is "skill-vs-skill" (aiming-vs-dodging)

Aircraft attacks are "attacker skill-vs-difficulty" ...if the carrier player is good he will hit the target ignoring every dodge attempt.  The ability of the attacked player is simply  TOTALLY worthless.   Yes, the carrier will suffer plane losses, maybe heavy losses... but the target will sink.

Carriers are the "Artillery" of WoWs, the "frustration element" that turns players into haters.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[-MMI-]
[-MMI-]
Players
145 posts
15,056 battles
On 8/4/2018 at 11:41 AM, Wings_of_RNGesus said:

Best news would be they just forget that we exist.

Every time we got attention it was another nerf, another nofly AA line of ships, another [edited] idea....

Just forget the last 3% of players playing CVs....

it's a shame because I think they are very fun classes to play, even if I lose hope when I find strong aircraft carrier players where there is no hope and the game is too marked.

• Cool 1

Players
1,648 posts
11,443 battles
2 hours ago, Akaisuisam said:

It's a skill, know how to use it and it'll greatly help your CV gameplay. 

Aircraft attacks are "attacker skill-vs-difficulty" ...if the carrier player is good he will hit the target ignoring every dodge attempt.  The ability of the attacked player is simply  TOTALLY worthless.   Yes, the carrier will suffer plane losses, maybe heavy losses... but the target will sink.

LOL

Yes, if you position and reaction are wrong, the good CV player will hurt you a lot.

However, if you position correctly, and start moving in time ( AKA not when the torps hit the water ) then you can dodge as well. And no, you won't sink.

Carriers are the "Artillery" of WoWs, the "frustration element" that turns players into haters.

Pro tip, play them as well and learn their weaknesses.

[-MMI-]
[-MMI-]
Players
145 posts
15,056 battles

we are going off the subject, I had asked if it could ever be possible to remove from all levels aircraft carrier fire manual from the squadrons of fighters, and remove automatic attack by torpedo and air bombs .

this option would affect less the whole outcome of the game, if ever an average player went against a very experienced player, and comunue would remain all the rest on bomb launch and totally manual torpedo.

P.S sry for my bad engl ;)

[RAIN]
Community Contributor
879 posts
10,790 battles

Agreed...

Manual drop is skill vs no skill ( you need skill for your AA ?)

AA is unskilled atm, if a team is smart and all the players do their job

The ennemi cv cant do anything .

This week i was sunk 2 time with my Gascogne on the early game.

Cv op ? Nop just my cv cant defend me and no cruiser with me, so my fault.

You want to counter cv ?

Just play teamplay.

• Cool 1

[CZ-MC]
Players
30 posts
4,697 battles

Removing manual attack from fighters is nonsense. Only way how to beat IJN fighters by US fighters is straffing, because with US you are permanently outnumbered. If you want to play with manual/automatic attacks, I would go opposite way:

1. Keep manual/automatic for fighters, because it's skill vs. skill.
  2. Remove manual for bombers to reduce damage to ships.
  • Cool 1

[132AN]
[132AN]
Players
15 posts
7,169 battles
14 minutes ago, malimoo said:

You want to counter cv ?

Just play teamplay.

Did you noticed that in random battles you play side-by-side with people who is not chatting with you ?  people that may or may not understand what you write to them?  people that may disagree  with you or that don't care a dime of your opinions?   ...I see 4 DD's attacking A while 3 DD's from opponent team seize B, C  and D... and you pretend a cohordinate teamplay???   :D  

[RAIN]
Community Contributor
879 posts
10,790 battles

I pretend nothing about cohordinate teamplay on ffa.

I say , you can easily counter a cv with a division or some map awarness.

Do you want remove :

- DD because they chases ennemis BB instead of contest the cap ?

- CA because they farm some BB instead of radaring and kill some DD ?

- BB because they camp and shoot ennemis BB instead of tank and kill cruisers ?

Its the same thing.

On the FFA mode players play like they want (bad or good, no matter) and you cant nothing about that.

• Cool 2

Players
2,116 posts
16,430 battles
3 hours ago, Akaisuisam said:

So it is skill to rek every single plane no matter which Tier with a Minotaur, Des Mo, Neptun, Montana, Missouri, etc. with just clicking ?

The only Thing you Need to do is speccing for AA and/or running defensive AA - did you ever Play CV in high Tiers ?

Just one example - Map North, one Minotaur behind the Island between B and C and the cv can do nothing at this cap.

The Mino how i said before can be a bot or the worst Player you can imagine it does not matter - the cv can not kill him if he speccs for AA.

One ship can Counter the CV and prevent him to spot at two caps......

Really overpowered These cvs......

The reason why they are so strong in random battles is that so many People do not want to specc 4 AA - they prefer to run the HP Skill on BB or cruiser rather than BFT......

Although there are so many strong AA ships per Default and even then Players take survivalbility skills rathern than AFT or Manual AA.

#Hindenburg with Hydro or Des mo with Hydro.........

I will not mention teamplay because then CV gameplay becomes sad.....

LG

Justice

• Cool 1

[ITA_C]
Players
198 posts
6,188 battles
1 hour ago, RegiaMarinaX said:

we are going off the subject, I had asked if it could ever be possible to remove from all levels aircraft carrier fire manual from the squadrons of fighters, and remove automatic attack by torpedo and air bombs .

this option would affect less the whole outcome of the game, if ever an average player went against a very experienced player, and comunue would remain all the rest on bomb launch and totally manual torpedo.

P.S sry for my bad engl ;)

It will be really hard if not nearbly impossible for a cv to defend his mates and also very easy for him to delete enemies making games shorter and ship players moanings rightfull louder

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
192 posts
3,242 battles

The thing that could be done to increase everyone's fun (except the Click Vagens) would be to only allow them to play in PvE.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1