Brutaluc

Is the bell an April Fools' joke?

12 comments in this topic

[OP-B]
[OP-B]
Players
24 posts
6,000 battles

As the title states. Is it a joke or here to stay? Because if it's the second I'd love a way to turn it off. Can't stand to play more than one or two games at the moment. And I generally really love the game, sure there are annoying things and things that could do with improvement and 'improvements' on things that weren't broken. Like that annoying division-tab.

But this new sound just makes the game experience, of which sounds are an important part for me, ridiculous.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,508 posts
6,365 battles

What bell? You mean the horn? Yeah, it's here to stay. Yeah, you can turn it off. Yeah, it's really useful to get attention of an ally near you who hasn't disabled it. And, yeah, it gives extra style points for a ram.

[OP-B]
[OP-B]
Players
24 posts
6,000 battles

No I am talking about the bell that sounds when your guns are reloaded. I have no problems with the horns.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,508 posts
6,365 battles
4 hours ago, Brutaluc said:

No I am talking about the bell that sounds when your guns are reloaded. I have no problems with the horns.

Oh, yeah, brilliant idea from WG specially for BB players. No, can't be disabled. Play around with sound settings (in training room), find which you have to turn lower so you can't hear that bell anymore. Also putting music on while playing helps :cap_like:

[BACA]
Players
63 posts
6,338 battles

Stupid thing is, there is already a sound for the guns when they have reloaded, so now there are 2 sounds. First an actual shell-loading sound, and now a stupid DING right after.

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
555 posts
2,082 battles
8 hours ago, PziCrow said:

Stupid thing is, there is already a sound for the guns when they have reloaded, so now there are 2 sounds. First an actual shell-loading sound, and now a stupid DING right after.

Well I guess the old one was not audible enough or people had no clue what it means ?

Anyway, it only happens for BBs ... maybe people were falling asleep while waiting for the guns to reload and this is there to wake them up ?

• Funny 1

Players
1,875 posts
5,873 battles
On 7-4-2018 at 2:40 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

Oh, yeah, brilliant idea from WG specially for BB players. No, can't be disabled. Play around with sound settings (in training room), find which you have to turn lower so you can't hear that bell anymore. Also putting music on while playing helps :cap_like:

I'd rather just disable it, along with the very large patch thingy after death :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
555 posts
2,082 battles
11 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'd rather just disable it, along with the very large patch thingy after death :Smile-_tongue:

Check Aslain mod pack ... there's one for the patches and I bet one for the bell will turn up quickly ... if not already available

Players
1,875 posts
5,873 battles
1 hour ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Check Aslain mod pack ... there's one for the patches and I bet one for the bell will turn up quickly ... if not already available

Once the bell one arrives, I'll probably install that one then, thankies :Smile_great:

[OP-B]
[OP-B]
Players
24 posts
6,000 battles

Been playing without mods for a while now and I'd like to continue without.

• Cool 1

[CR-S]
Players
313 posts
17,488 battles
On 4/6/2018 at 11:05 PM, Brutaluc said:

I'd love a way to turn it off. Can't stand to play more than one or two games at the moment. And I generally really love the game

good luck with that request (to turn it off). I suffer from quite the same things.

Have you noticed how many indicators there are when the ship is on fire? I made the request to turn off the annoying alarm-bell when fire starts and the answer was: "There are many players who play in zoom-view only, they would burn down without noticing if the ringing wasn´t there".

I guess the "gun-is-loaded-bell" is introduced for the same breed of players (tho i don´t mind that little "Ding").

I fixed the problem for me by playing without sound and generally spending less time with the game.