Sign in to follow this  
USSARIZONA_2015

Missouri: What targets earns me more credits???

11 comments in this topic

Players
47 posts
7,159 battles

Hey there everyone,

So I'm in the process of grinding for credits in the Missouri,  but there was a forum post on the NA sever,  where someone said that if you go after DDs and a couple of cruisers, you'd make a higher amount of credits than if you were going after Battleships, due to the way the reward systems work.   Is this true?   I know that Missouri has the tools to hunt destroyers,  but does it really pay off?  and if it isn't true, what targets DO make your more credits?

Missouri does NOT make 1,000,000 credits per game:  This was the title of the post

Until Next post,

USSARIZONA_2015

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,207 posts
5,855 battles

100% of any target's HP is worth the same. This means that doing 10K damage to a target with less HP will bring you more rewards than doing the same to something with a large health pool

Players
47 posts
7,159 battles
5 minutes ago, domen3 said:

100% of any target's HP is worth the same. This means that doing 10K damage to a target with less HP will bring you more rewards than doing the same to something with a large health pool

So, for example, if I sink a shimakaze, rather than a Montana,  I would earn a higher payout?

[CATS]
Players
13,487 posts
10,344 battles

No.

If you sink a Shima, you get more credits than doing 20k damage to a Montana. If you sink the Montana, you get the same credits, but have to do much more damage for that.

Players
47 posts
7,159 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

No.

If you sink a Shima, you get more credits than doing 20k damage to a Montana. If you sink the Montana, you get the same credits, but have to do much more damage for that.

Hm, so basically, its easier to sink a shima and get the credits that way, than to sink a Montana and take longer to do so? (I feel dumb not understanding this :(  )

[CATS]
Players
13,487 posts
10,344 battles

Easier?

It depends. DD are hard to spot and hard to hit.

But if one is spotted and near you, it is better shoot it than a further away BB for two reasons:

• you rarely get a chance to spot and shoot a DD, use it and maybe sink it alone or with your teammates, or the DD will bite your behind off later
  • you will probably do a lot more damage (damage-%) to the DD than to the BB in one salvo and that gets you more XP and Silver.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,637 posts
13,063 battles

Rewards for damage dealt are calculated in percentage. If you do 10k damage to a high tier DD for example, that's roughly 50% and you get rewards for 50% damage dealt. If you however do 10k damage to a high tier BB, that's about 10% damage dealt and rewarded accordingly.

So if you kill a high tier BB with 100% damage dealt, roughly doing 100k damage, you'll get the same rewards as if you had killed a high tier DD with 100% damage dealt, doing roughly 20k damage.

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,136 battles

Hypothetically, if the BB was healing, would you get more credits if you solo sank him through his heals because you technically did e.g. 120% of his HP in damage?

Beta Tester
1,818 posts
2,546 battles

Off the top of my head I'd say yes, but I don't honestly know for sure either way.

Sign in to follow this