Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

[Co-Op] - So many T9-T10 ships in the queue recently - A mission active etc or Meta change???

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
1,205 posts
4,944 battles

Hi all,

 

I've around 2500 Co-Op games played and I don't think I've ever seen so many T9-T10 ships in the queue over the past few weeks. I played a game earlier with seven T10 ships and a T9 CV which, to me, is unheard of, I mean there was always a few T9-T10 ships in the queue but they were pretty rare to see. So is there some random mission/campaign etc currently on causing this spike or do we think the old "Co-Op Meta" (mainly T8 as highest tier as T9-T10 loses too much money) has changed permanently and we'll now see much more T9-T10 action in Co-Op?

 

If it is a Meta change what do you think has caused it, better economy due to signals/camos meaning less money lost, more Co-Op players reaching T9-T10 and wanting to try it etc?

 

As an owner of five T10's it'd be good to see more being played at these high tiers as having 5-6 bots on your side is a nightmare for short "ramming only" low fun level games but it makes T8 MM (which used to be awesome) very difficult now as there's a very high chance that, instead of being top tier for 9/10 games you'll now find yourself bottom tier in 3-4/10 games which will take a bit of getting used to but the extra XP is nice.

 

Has anyone else noticed this change or has it always been like this and I've just been avoiding it somehow?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,709 posts
13,166 battles

Is the new punishment system already active? Because that relegates you to coop for a certain amount of battles I believe.

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Beta Tester
268 posts

Dont know about other players, but I did do alot of coop today to get some missions done in less time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,205 posts
4,944 battles
7 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Players grinding modules or captain retraining?

 

Which would explain the steady level of ships  at T9-T10 that we had before but there seems to be a very noticeable increase which doesn't seem like the "usual" level of people retaining, modules etc when you consider the loss of credits in most T9-T10 games.

 

52 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Is the new punishment system already active? Because that relegates you to coop for a certain amount of battles I believe.

 

I don't know but if you were pink why would you play money losing T9-T10 games? Wouldn't you drop to T5-8 where you still make a little money? At least thats what I'd have thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,572 posts
6,401 battles
55 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Is the new punishment system already active? Because that relegates you to coop for a certain amount of battles I believe.

Exactly what I thought of. But... shouldn't be active just yet, should it? :cap_yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

Was it not just another April fools thingy??.... Haven't heard much since the first thread appeared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,455 posts
7,229 battles
7 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Which would explain the steady level of ships  at T9-T10 that we had before but there seems to be a very noticeable increase which doesn't seem like the "usual" level of people retaining, modules etc when you consider the loss of credits in most T9-T10 games.

There's a lot of the Fr BB around at T8/9 in random, could be that there's a spike of players that've just completed that grind and climbed the next rung on the ladder.

 

What are you seeing being played?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,419 posts
8,419 battles

a lot of the missions are do-able in co-op, and as some of them are 'get x wins' it takes about half the time and is 95%ish guaranteed, seems like many are taking the easy route...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,481 posts
5,743 battles
Just now, Salentine said:

a lot of the missions are do-able in co-op, and as some of them are 'get x wins' it takes about half the time and is 95%ish guaranteed, seems like many are taking the easy route...

 

It is just faster. Did it too today and well...playing random these days is only good to kill your own stats. The influx of inbreed is insane...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles
54 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

 

It is just faster. Did it too today and well...playing random these days is only good to kill your own stats. The influx of inbreed is insane...

 

"To kill your own stats" would imply you had anything to protect.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,042 posts
13,625 battles

I didn't really notice. I always faced a lot of tier X ships in my tier Xs along with the one or two stragglers that get pulled up from tier VIII for no clear reason. It would make sense that the game would move towards more tier Xs eventually, I just can't honestly say it's any worse than usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Is the new punishment system already active? Because that relegates you to coop for a certain amount of battles I believe.

Just imagine when it gets implemented forcing players to play co-op without  still any fix now or in any foreseeable future about the credit income and "playability" of that mode. I can't wait for the shitstorm that's coming. :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SINT]
Players
269 posts
12,681 battles

But if it is just for doing the missions easy, isn't Co-op tier V -VI much more friendly? You have a chance losing money doing co-op at tier VIII and higher and the bots can aim a bit better. Just pick up a relative safe lowe tier ship that fulfillls its task at the required mission.  Like hitting 5 torps..low tier DD and yolo rush much easier at low tier co-op.

 

Did most of the mission at tier V and VI in co-op.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,455 posts
7,229 battles
18 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Just imagine when it gets implemented forcing players to play co-op without  still any fix now or in any foreseeable future about the credit income and "playability" of that mode. I can't wait for the shitstorm that's coming. :cap_haloween:

 

Just play T1/2 ships, charge in and die as quickly as possible then repeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, Players
5,112 posts
1 hour ago, Mandalorianer said:

It is just faster. Did it too today and well...playing random these days is only good to kill your own stats

 

very well told +1 :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,481 posts
5,743 battles
1 hour ago, AgarwaenME said:

 

"To kill your own stats" would imply you had anything to protect.

6b18e352740523d302052e137b1cfb52fe8433cd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
879 posts
11,126 battles

On a sidenote, there are a metric ton of Texas battleships in the queue, so the guys in the Bouges are having the time of their lives. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles
2 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

6b18e352740523d302052e137b1cfb52fe8433cd

 

That was your own words. 

 

Do try to project less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
1,864 posts
20,845 battles
9 hours ago, Jvd2000 said:

But if it is just for doing the missions easy, isn't Co-op tier V -VI much more friendly? You have a chance losing money doing co-op at tier VIII and higher and the bots can aim a bit better. Just pick up a relative safe lowe tier ship that fulfillls its task at the required mission.  Like hitting 5 torps..low tier DD and yolo rush much easier at low tier co-op.

 

Did most of the mission at tier V and VI in co-op.

Might be true for some, but if you want to grind a few modules and have in excess off 200 Million credit ls is a non-issue. Play it now and then for missions, however I find scenarios better than coop if they are allowed for the grind etc, did a lot of the FRench scenario when I grinded Lyon and Richelieu since the reawards, XP was OK with 95% wins (in the Gold scnerio), otherwise I feel coop bots to easy, if I want to have easy fights even if I lose i take a few games in low tier ships in random.

 

I have played a few high tier in coop for testing purposes but normally I stay out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,390 posts
14,127 battles

I've simply given up on PvP games. The level of the general player keeps going down, and I'm too old for this crap.

 

Scenarios are a much more relaxing environment.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×