You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yogibjoern

My personal premium ship wish list

116 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,781 posts
6,319 battles
18 hours ago, RAMJB said:

And there are multiple instances of that in history (again, going back to C,G,F "large cruisers", the very same navy that built them didn't know what to do with them the second they were commissioned. They were woeful ship from any possible standpoint one analizes them from.)

With respect, those three were built on the basis of Fishers Baltic adventures, which when he left, died the death that should have happened in the first place - so you get ships built for a specific purpose, but that purpose gets scrapped. Similar to the E class cruiser (Emerald in game) - designed for a specific purpose, used for that purpose, but once the purpose if complete, they have no purpose other than 'existing' and finding/getting a new purpose - which most armed forces are quite adept at doing (hence the CV conversions for C,G and F).

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
516 posts
12,810 battles

What I found amusing about the arguing was that Courageous, Glorious, and Furious kept being referred to as "solid enough ships" when the first two literally weren't. Courageous suffered buckling during her sea trials and her and Glorious had to have their hulls strengthened. Though I suppose they were solid enough after that, and at least they got to fire their guns in anger, unlike Vanguard when she got them as hand-me-downs. :Smile-_tongue:

Main reason for posting though was that I was rewatching The Battle of the River Plate, which has the advantage of using real warships and the disadvantage that those ships look different from the ones they are representing, aside from the Achilles and the Cumberland that played themselves. Or in the former case INS Delhi (formerly HMNZS Achilles) that played herself. So by the precedent set by Wargaming if the Achilles was put into the game it might be as the Delhi, which might be better for Wargaming as there are "slightly" more Indians than Kiwis. :Smile_coin:

[DC_DK]
Players
2,683 posts
27,525 battles
10 minutes ago, Johmie said:

What I found amusing about the arguing was that Courageous, Glorious, and Furious kept being referred to as "solid enough ships" when the first two literally weren't. Courageous suffered buckling during her sea trials and her and Glorious had to have their hulls strengthened. Though I suppose they were solid enough after that, and at least they got to fire their guns in anger, unlike Vanguard when she got them as hand-me-downs. :Smile-_tongue:

Main reason for posting though was that I was rewatching The Battle of the River Plate, which has the advantage of using real warships and the disadvantage that those ships look different from the ones they are representing, aside from the Achilles and the Cumberland that played themselves. Or in the former case INS Delhi (formerly HMNZS Achilles) that played herself. So by the precedent set by Wargaming if the Achilles was put into the game it might be as the Delhi, which might be better for Wargaming as there are "slightly" more Indians than Kiwis. :Smile_coin:

But the fewer Kiwi's might play this game more and might have more dough Lol

[CAIN]
Players
3,155 posts
12,221 battles

I‘m not that picky when it comes to ships, i want all ships build from 1900 onwards...not all of them as premiums tho.^^

Starting with the T61...

Players
179 posts
22,476 battles

HMAS Australia CA

ARA Almirante Brown (C-1) CA

ARA La Argentina (C-3) CL

ARA Moreno BB

HMS Royal Oak (08) BB

HMS Agincourt

Alfonso XIII BB

Navarra CL

Almirante Cervera CL

HSwMS Tre Kronor CL

HSwMS Gotland CLAA

SMS Viribus Unitis BB

Almirante Latorre BB

Minas Geraes BB

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,969 battles
18 minutes ago, Tordenskjold23 said:

*loud noises*

:cap_wander_2:

• Funny 1

Players
435 posts
5,825 battles

Hms Agincourt.. yeah.. a 14 gun battleship that actually existed and fought at Jutland.

Would be a nice premium at tier 4 

HMS_Agincourt_(1914).jpg

• Cool 1

[YEEET]
Players
1,298 posts
12,962 battles
43 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Hms Agincourt.. yeah.. a 14 gun battleship that actually existed and fought at Jutland.

Would be a nice premium at tier 4 

HMS_Agincourt_(1914).jpg

But had very little armour!

[-TPF-]
Players
2,110 posts
10,113 battles

HMS Erebus

Basically: 2 x 15" guns of the same type you'll find on the "Queen Elizabeth" class battleships, stuck on a Corvette hull and festooned with secondary guns. It only does 12 knots but that should suit the current battleship meta just fine. 

HMS_Erebus_I02.jpg

• Funny 1

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
7 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

HMS Erebus

Basically: 2 x 15" guns of the same type you'll find on the "Queen Elizabeth" class battleships, stuck on a Corvette hull and festooned with secondary guns. It only does 12 knots but that should suit the current battleship meta just fine. 

HMS_Erebus_I02.jpg

That has to be the oddest/weirdest most dumb looking turret I have seen :Smile_smile:

[WCWVE]
Players
897 posts
14,392 battles

My list of ships I would like to see as premium ships: -

HMS Dreadnought - because it was the first of its kind 

HMS Agincourt (also as Rio de Janiero with original plans (12x14") and as Sultan Osman I for Turkey)

HMS Furious CB build and also as CV build 

HMS Courageous also as CB build 

HMS Glorious as CV

HMS Black Prince AC variant 

HMS Queen Mary BC

HMS Tiger BC

HMS Australia BC

HMS New Zealand BC

HMS Lord Nelson PDB

HMS Shannon AC

HMS Natal AC

HMS Marshal Ney - monitor 

KMS Seydlitz BC

KMS Lutzow BC

KMS Moltke BC and the Goeben for Turkey 

KMS Vonn der Tann BC

KMS Pommern PDB

KMS Blucher 1908  cruiser

IJN Aki 1907 PDB

IJN Satsuma 1907 PDB

Players
435 posts
5,825 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

HMS Erebus

HMS_Erebus_I02.jpg

Very interesting firing range, check the stats from wiki:

HMS Erebus was a First World War monitor launched on 19 June 1916 and served in both world wars. She and her sister ship Terror are known as the Erebus class. They were named after the two bomb ketches sent to investigate the Northwest Passage as part of Franklin's Lost Expedition (1845-1848), in which all 129 members eventually perished.

Monitors were designed as stable gun platforms with a shallow draft to allow operations close inshore in support of land operations and were not intended to contest naval battles. Erebus was equipped with two 15 in (381 mm)/42 guns (removed from HMS Marshal Ney[1]) in a single forward turret mounted on a tall barbette to extend the range of fire to 40,000 yd (22.7 mi; 36.6 km).

The Erebus class were designed to outrange German heavy shore batteries and they were also fitted with highly effective anti-torpedo bulges on each side of the hull.

[PAPAT]
Players
334 posts
11,872 battles
On ‎5‎.‎4‎.‎2018 at 10:35 PM, Michey802 said:

wouln'd be surprised if they give the same treatment to the Alaska as they give the Stalingrad, t10 cruiser, reward ship etc

I'm fairly sure that this is what is going to happen ; Alaska will be samekind of "cruiser" as Stalingrad and there will be two versions of it, other T10 prize ship (Alaska) and other T9 (Guam or such) freeXP one.