MoveZig

Target Acquisition mod?

14 comments in this topic

[BONI]
Players
1,019 posts
8,769 battles

What exactly is the ''+20% spotting range''? Does it just extend the draw distance, or actually let you spot a 10km detection range ship at 12km?  Is the mod any good, what ships should I consider using it on?

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,205 posts
11,004 battles
Vor 1 Minute, MoveZig sagte:

Does it just extend the draw distance

^this.

This module is pretty much completely useless. Concealment Mod is better on every ship. (Some ships are good with Steering Gears Mod 3 too)

• Cool 2

[BONI]
Players
1,019 posts
8,769 battles

Thanks. Out of curiosity, are there any ships with extreme gun range that need it to actually target ships at max range with spotting aircraft?

[UNICS]
Players
28 posts
15,672 battles

it makes sure you can spot targets at close range in smoke earlier. like you have 3km proximity spotting and then you have 3.6km. (i hope i am not mistaken!)

• Cool 1

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,205 posts
11,004 battles
Vor 14 Minuten, 000_LULU_000 sagte:

it makes sure you can spot targets at close range in smoke earlier. like you have 3km proximity spotting and then you have 3.6km. (i hope i am not mistaken!)

Proxy Spot is 2km, with this module 3km.

Vor 30 Minuten, MoveZig sagte:

Thanks. Out of curiosity, are there any ships with extreme gun range that need it to actually target ships at max range with spotting aircraft?

Maybe some hightier BBs with range upgrade. And Shimakaze for 20km torpedos :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
1,192 posts
3,445 battles

The target acquisition mod increases your range of assured acquisition of enemy ships by 50%. Base it is 2km, with the mod it is 3km. Literally only useful if you plan to be rushing smokescreens without the assistance of Hydro or Radar.

Your draw distance is based on your settings.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Cmmd. Cornflakes.

Edited by Captain_LOZFFVII
  • Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Players
741 posts
13,827 battles
On 4/5/2018 at 5:40 PM, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Your draw distance is based on your settings.

WRONG!!!!

no matter of ur settings u always will see spotted ships in ur "spotting range"

the draw distance is applied to ship details...treees.....terrain elements and so

Players
1,192 posts
3,445 battles
On 14/04/2018 at 10:00 PM, _VAMPA_ said:

WRONG!!!!

no matter of ur settings u always will see spotted ships in ur "spotting range"

the draw distance is applied to ship details...treees.....terrain elements and so

Really? 'Cause I find that while sailing around in my DDs, the maximum distance away enemies will actually render is around 16km. On the minimap they still show up, but the 'solid' parts of the symbols are see-through, indicating that they are outside if my render range. I have also noticed that the draw distance setting affects this render range.

[BGNAV]
Players
741 posts
13,827 battles
12 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Really? 'Cause I find that while sailing around in my DDs, the maximum distance away enemies will actually render is around 16km. On the minimap they still show up, but the 'solid' parts of the symbols are see-through, indicating that they are outside if my render range. I have also noticed that the draw distance setting affects this render range.

yup or players with weak pcs would be really screwed up

[3STG]
Players
322 posts
9,329 battles
13 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

When they appear in your minimap as a see-through, they are outside of your spotting range. Therefore you won't see them in the view also, exactly like in the storm. When you aim and turn your aim, you can see a slightly different colored "cone", around 30 degrees (blue, green, even greyish. differs depending on the map basis) in the minimap, that indicates your spotting range. In DDs its very common that you won't see enemy ships as "solid" objects much further than around 16km.

Players
1,192 posts
3,445 battles
8 hours ago, _VAMPA_ said:

yup or players with weak pcs would be really screwed up

6 hours ago, Paimentaja said:

When they appear in your minimap as a see-through, they are outside of your spotting range. Therefore you won't see them in the view also, exactly like in the storm. When you aim and turn your aim, you can see a slightly different colored "cone", around 30 degrees (blue, green, even greyish. differs depending on the map basis) in the minimap, that indicates your spotting range. In DDs its very common that you won't see enemy ships as "solid" objects much further than around 16km.

Uhm, okay?

So:

'Spotting Range' = Render Range = what I'm used to calling 'Draw Distance'?

So I wasn't wrong, I was just using different terminology?:cap_hmm:

[BGNAV]
Players
741 posts
13,827 battles
8 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Uhm, okay?

So:

draw distance is something different. yup spoting range is max range that ull get rendered ships and is not changeable  from settings

• Cool 1

[3STG]
Players
322 posts
9,329 battles
17 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Uhm, okay?

So:

I guess so. Render range is for the terrain, spotting range is "maximum" for everybody, no matter of your graphics setup.

EDIT : And to be clear, the target acquisition mod extends the spotting range, so the ships will be visible much further than without it. As a DD, the spotting range is quite low versus other ship types and if one wants to see those ships in view and minimap, then the mod is for you. Some use it also to proximity spot other ships (3km vs 2km) through any obstacle. Only ones that "really" need this mod (regarding the spotting range increase) are Shimakaze with 20km torps and Asashio, if they want to be able to target torps to the max range on ships.

• Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Players
741 posts
13,827 battles
11 hours ago, Paimentaja said:

I guess so. Render range is for the terrain, spotting range is "maximum" for everybody, no matter of your graphics setup.

EDIT : And to be clear, the target acquisition mod extends the spotting range, so the ships will be visible much further than without it. As a DD, the spotting range is quite low versus other ship types and if one wants to see those ships in view and minimap, then the mod is for you. Some use it also to proximity spot other ships (3km vs 2km) through any obstacle. Only ones that "really" need this mod (regarding the spotting range increase) are Shimakaze with 20km torps and Asashio, if they want to be able to target torps to the max range on ships.

not exactly spotting range is specific for the ships if u mount "Target acquisition mod" spotting range is + 20% or *1.2  xD

spotting range for Khaba is 18.9kms

spotting range for Conqi is 32.4km