12 comments in this topic

[OCTO]
Players
591 posts
14,036 battles

Hello CV gurus.

First of all, @Commander_Cornflakes  I did listen to your advice given in Ranger topic and got better in Ranger (at the end 50% WR and 56% recent WR). Thank you again for good advices on how to maximize damage etc. And yes, it was moderately painful - but I think it was worth the effort. 

Now, I am proceeding to Lexington and have a few questions:

1. AP or HE bombs?

2. Second 4 pt skill - CE or Manual AA?

Also, any other tip that you can think of would be appreciated. 

Thank you all in advance!

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,068 posts
14,084 battles

Farra has new videos on the USN CV & lexington setup + capt skill, you could give that a try. And i believe he plays vs t10 in this video if you need additional tips

• Cool 2

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,207 posts
11,015 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Zen71_sniper sagte:

1. AP or HE bombs?

I prefer HE bombs because you can target all kinds of ships. AP bombs are viable too on T8 since there are many ships you can oneshot, but with only one torpedo squad you might need something to effectively kill destroyers.

Just try both for a few matches and see which are better for your playstyle.

Vor 1 Stunde, Zen71_sniper sagte:

2. Second 4 pt skill - CE or Manual AA?

Lexington Concealment is very bad, so definitely CE first. The AA is good enough and with Def-AA you won't really need ManAA.

[OCTO]
Players
591 posts
14,036 battles
5 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

I prefer HE bombs because you can target all kinds of ships. AP bombs are viable too on T8 since there are many ships you can oneshot, but with only one torpedo squad you might need something to effectively kill destroyers.

Just try both for a few matches and see which are better for your playstyle.

Lexington Concealment is very bad, so definitely CE first. The AA is good enough and with Def-AA you won't really need ManAA.

Thx!

Players
36 posts
2,395 battles

Depends what you want. If you want to chase t 8- t 10 Crusiers or mainly German battle ships and some other bbs t 6 t7 then AP as they can delete those in one or two strikes. If you want to be more versatile and kill dds more often then HE.  FOr skill def CE...as Lexington has good AA.

• Cool 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,150 battles

I used AP bombs to great effect in Lexington. The popularity of ships vulnerable to AP bombs in your tier bracket basically guarantees that you have viable targets in every match.

With Essex however you should switch to HE.

• Cool 1

[NKK2]
Beta Tester
599 posts
5,802 battles

Best advice: dont play it. After the Midway nerf there is nothing waiting for you.

• Cool 1

[GEUS]
Players
58 posts
3,506 battles

It is better to just stop playing the US CV line now if you do not already have the Midway and just focus on the Japanese CV's.

• Cool 1

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
On 11. 04. 2018. at 11:31 PM, Daisai said:

It is better to just stop playing the US CV line now if you do not already have the Midway and just focus on the Japanese CV's.

ijn line ALLWAYS was better line (ok problably not when Mid had jet planes, but that was 5 years ago)

so to recap things, IJN line was better yesterdays is better today and will be better tommorow

Players
36 posts
2,395 battles

T 4 - 5 USN is better T 6-9 IJN is more versatile so USN must play defensively and pray for opponent mistake, T 10 USN is better for now we will see what patch will bring.  USN premiums are better then IJN and Graf...

[ITA_C]
Players
198 posts
6,199 battles

come on Midway is still a strong fun ship  jpn may be better but slightly   

Players
36 posts
2,395 battles

No one says that Midway (I recently got Midway :)...) is bad but if two players are of equal skills and the rest of the team is also like that Midway player can not win in any scenario under those circumstances against Haku...