Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zlaraki

yamoto isoroko campagne should be adjusted

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[_WOTS]
Players
96 posts
2,526 battles

Well I recently started the yamoto Isoroku  campagne and I noticed 6/9 missions in task 1 are cruiser related so I cant gain enough stars if I dont have a T9 cruiser. This ruins the fun and forces me to level a tree line that Im not currently interested. They should change the campagne and make it more versatile across all sort of ships. The campagne will be easier this way so to keep the difficulty in check they can always expand the missions.

What are your thoughts on this one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,707 posts
13,150 battles

You can repeat tasks for stars. You're just not getting rewards if you do so.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
13,652 posts
10,389 battles
14 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

Well I recently started the yamoto Isoroku  campagne and I noticed 6/9 missions in task 1 are cruiser related so I cant gain enough stars if I dont have a T9 cruiser. This ruins the fun and forces me to level a tree line that Im not currently interested. They should change the campagne and make it more versatile across all sort of ships. The campagne will be easier this way so to keep the difficulty in check they can always expand the missions.

What are your thoughts on this one?

That you do not know how campaigns work.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,066 battles
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

That you do not know how campaigns work.

Why dont you be a nice guy (for a change) and actually explain that to him instead of rubbing stuff in people face every single freaking time ?

Your comments actually add 0 (zero, null, nada) value to general welfare of the community, except for mocking. That you can do good.

  • Cool 13
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
2,696 posts
9,858 battles
18 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

Well I recently started the yamoto Isoroku  campagne and I noticed 6/9 missions in task 1 are cruiser related so I cant gain enough stars if I dont have a T9 cruiser. This ruins the fun and forces me to level a tree line that Im not currently interested. They should change the campagne and make it more versatile across all sort of ships. The campagne will be easier this way so to keep the difficulty in check they can always expand the missions.

What are your thoughts on this one?

 

The campaign is aimed, just like the Honorable Service campaign, at players who have high tier ships. Players who just started to play are better off going for the Science of Victory campaign and using its task to get better at the game.

Now you claimed that 6/9 missions in the first stage require a T9 cruiser. But this isn't so:

-3x 3 stars missions in stage one require a T9 cruiser.

-3x 2 stars missions require a T8 cruiser.

-3x 2 stars missions require a T8 ship of any kind.

 

This is a pretty even split. And since you own the Atago you can do 6 out of 9 missions.

Looking at your stats I really advise you to grind out other lines and try to get better at the game. Because even with your high tier IJN DDs you aren't a help to your team.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[_WOTS]
Players
96 posts
2,526 battles
25 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

You can repeat tasks for stars. You're just not getting rewards if you do so.

Life changer posts. Thanks alot! Previous campagnes shouldnt have lasted that long if I only knew this. Cheers all. I guess there is no need for change.

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[_WOTS]
Players
96 posts
2,526 battles
10 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

 

The campaign is aimed, just like the Honorable Service campaign, at players who have high tier ships. Players who just started to play are better off going for the Science of Victory campaign and using its task to get better at the game.

Now you claimed that 6/9 missions in the first stage require a T9 cruiser. But this isn't so:

-3x 3 stars missions in stage one require a T9 cruiser.

-3x 2 stars missions require a T8 cruiser.

-3x 2 stars missions require a T8 ship of any kind.

 

This is a pretty even split. And since you own the Atago you can do 6 out of 9 missions.

Looking at your stats I really advise you to grind out other lines and try to get better at the game. Because even with your high tier IJN DDs you aren't a help to your team.

 

Thanks for the advice and about the Atago... I kinda sold it for credits. :cap_like: Please dont comment on that one. lol I was in desperate need of credits not willing to pay from my wallet anymore but as I cruised through my tree line with exp camo and flags I lacked credits to buy new tier Ships and upgrades. I was pissed off in the end and ended up donating for 60 mil credits to end all my future problems. I regret selling my Atago ofcourse.

I do have to ask. Where did you find my stats? On my profile here or external link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
2,696 posts
9,858 battles
8 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

I regret selling my Atago ofcourse.

You're going to regret it even more. Premium ships come with a lowered service costs, so that Atago you sold had a lowered service cost, meaning it could have gotten you more silver in the long term.

My advice for the future, never ever sell premium ships. It's just not worth it, even if you don't use them. Because you never know when you'll need them.

 

8 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

Where did you find my stats?

There are several sites that provide information about player stats. I used https://wows-numbers.com/. You can find your stats there, but also stats of all the ships in the game, and clan stats. 

You can also get a forum banner like I use there, to show others how you play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[_WOTS]
Players
96 posts
2,526 battles
7 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

You're going to regret it even more. Premium ships come with a lowered service costs, so that Atago you sold had a lowered service cost, meaning it could have gotten you more silver in the long term.

My advice for the future, never ever sell premium ships. It's just not worth it, even if you don't use them. Because you never know when you'll need them.

 

There are several sites that provide information about player stats. I used https://wows-numbers.com/. You can find your stats there, but also stats of all the ships in the game, and clan stats. 

You can also get a forum banner like I use there, to show others how you play.

After checking my stats the less you know about me the better. :Smile_hiding: I didnt know I was this bad. Atleast the progress looks promising. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,813 posts
2,024 battles
1 hour ago, Zlaraki said:

After checking my stats the less you know about me the better. :Smile_hiding: I didnt know I was this bad. Atleast the progress looks promising. 

 

I very seldom look at player stats; mine or others. I agree with Han Solo on this - "Never tell me the odds."

I do try to improve my gaming skills, however, with the simple expedient of having fun while always trying my best to win my battles. I have now managed to get comfortable as far up as around tiers VI-VII, and while I still can't really pull my own weight at higher tiers than that, at least I don't suck quite as abysmally as I used to.

So my advice would be, don't give up! Progress comes to those who persist! :Smile_great:

 

(And for the record, I agree with Aragathor above: Don't sell premium ships! And if you do get the chance, by all means reacquire the Atago. She's been in the game for ages and she's still one of the best ships of her tier.)

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
961 posts
4,863 battles
1 hour ago, Zlaraki said:

After checking my stats the less you know about me the better. :Smile_hiding: I didnt know I was this bad. Atleast the progress looks promising. 

Well, you have few battles played until this point so it is to be expected that you still make more mistakes than someone with more experience. This is especially true at higher tiers where a lot more variables in terms of consumable distribution is added. You are, however, doing the right thing by coming here and asking for advice. Keep it polite and people will be willing to help you improve a lot. 

 

I would suggest watching reviews on the ships you like to play to improve. I know opinions about him differ, but I think Flamu is doing the best job at that since he allows you to pick his brain and follow his decisions. He also puts individual ships into context quite well. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,586 battles
6 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

You can repeat tasks for stars. You're just not getting rewards if you do so.

I actually didn't know this - thank you.

 

I only just started on this campaign, scraped through the first set of missions by using tier 8 cruisers and then saw the requirements for most of the second missions needed a tier 9 or 10 CV, which I don't have and don't want, and thought that was that.  Now I know I can replay the ones I have the ships for I can continue.  Thanks again :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
13,652 posts
10,389 battles
6 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Why dont you be a nice guy (for a change) and actually explain that to him instead of rubbing stuff in people face every single freaking time ?

Your comments actually add 0 (zero, null, nada) value to general welfare of the community, except for mocking. That you can do good.

He did not ask for help, he asked for our opinion. He got mine...

 

Had he asked for help, he would have got mine. But instead he made demands.

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,066 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

He did not ask for help, he asked for our opinion. He got mine...

 

Had he asked for help, he would have got mine. But instead he made demands.

 

Whatever-Eminem-Reaction-Gif-House.gif

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
674 posts
7,950 battles

I think, having got through the campaign myself that it is okay as it is.

The fact the missions you miss remain to be completed at a date when you are ready is also a bonus because when you're Cruiser savvy more rewards await....:Smile_izmena:

 

I also, until end of 2017, did not know that you could complete tasks over and over again if certain tasks did not fit your fleet.

It is surprising how many people don't know this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
621 posts
5,685 battles

I've been playing for more than two years and the campaign since release and I haven't completed it yet.

 

Yamamoto is supposed to be hard, I'm afraid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
956 posts
5,103 battles
2 hours ago, Mr_Tayto said:

I've been playing for more than two years and the campaign since release and I haven't completed it yet.

 

Yamamoto is supposed to be hard, I'm afraid. 

It takes a long time if you want those rewards. If you repeat certain tasks it takes a lot less time.

 

I completed it just before the French collection arrived.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
1,562 posts
5,045 battles
9 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

After checking my stats the less you know about me the better. :Smile_hiding: I didnt know I was this bad. Atleast the progress looks promising. 

After sub-600 battles, it would be more surprising if you were actively good!

 

You're on here asking for advice (there are lots of helpful folk on here who will assist in this regard, and relatively few dickheads); if you're trying to learn, you're already ahead of the majority of new players! Keep trying to learn, ask lots of questions, and watch/read plenty of tutorials - you'll get better in no time.

 

Besides which, it could be a lot worse: I have around four times your battle count, and I *still* suck...!

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×