You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

WG Game Center - Your Feedback

46 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,912 posts
2,152 battles

Captains,

We are currently looking into the Wargaming Game Center and how it could be improved, so I wanted to start a quick 24-hour topic to collect your feedback and suggestions!

If you don't know what I am talking about, you can download it here.

Please let me know:

• Do you use the Game Center?
    • If not, why not?
  • Do you have any issues or problems when using the Game Center?
  • What features would you like to see added to the Game Center?

:cap_like:

[POI--]
Beta Tester
21 posts
2,432 battles

I use the Game Center and I quite like it since it makes it easier to navigate through games you have installed and check news on multiple games without really needing to launch up different launchers

Issues wise I have not had any issues with using it or navigating through it all

A feature i'd like to add to the game center is like with the main site where you can see your premium time and gold for each of the games

Capture.PNG

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
13,689 posts
10,389 battles

I do not use it, because too many people complained that it did not work and forced them to reinstall.

Modder
1,231 posts
7,712 battles

Do you use the Game Center?

I use it everytime I start World of Warships.

Do you have any issues or problems when using the Game Center?

I only had a problem once which was with update 0.7.3 which checked for integrity of the game for literally forever until I've restartet the Game Center. Then it repaired the game without any problems at all.

What features would you like to see added to the Game Center?

I would like to see a change on the focus of new news. Right now it's only the title of the news and the date/time of it meanwhile the premium stuff gets much more space. I think that giving the news more space with a preview image would be an improvement to the client.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,609 posts
5,047 battles

I don't use it, due to all the reports of glitchy behaviour - I didn't want to risk killing my games.

Would happily start using, once the worst bugs are gone.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,709 posts
13,166 battles

I've been using the Game Center ever since it was "forced" upon us.

Haven't experienced any issues at all, though.

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles

Please let me know:

• If not, why not?

Yes, because I am forced.

I would like to see this as NOT mandatory, because for whatever reason I can not simply have launcher but it keep asking me to download game center.proofs.png.b57bfd2a81f51cbc440d65456a1fdde1.png

As you can see, I have separated WOWS launcher (when I need to update client)

Direct WOWS shortcut... and game center because I cant launch any of those to without it.

No problems with aplication tho, works fine.

Hope it helps,
Cheers

Players
503 posts
1,775 battles

I don't use it since I only play WOWS and don't want some larger launcher that tries to push the other games on me, also when I tried it when I briefly installed planes I didn't like it since I had to reinstall to get the games to even work.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,013 posts

Used it since it's mandatory for Planes (yes, I did actually play that game :Smile-_tongue:)

Only thing going wrong for me is the automated updates in advance. If I enable that setting, it just keeps 'updating' or scanning for updates forever, unabling me to play. That happens with regular Ships and PTS Ships.

So I have just disabled that setting.

• Cool 1

Players
2,693 posts
12,131 battles

I don't use WG Game Center.

I only play WoWS. The other games that are available look very good, but I am not interested in the subject matter.

I am worried about the impact of Game Centre because I fear that it will use my PC resources. (And I don't think it is easy to go back once you have installed it on your PC).

I play the vanilla version of WoWS and have not had issues with stuttering or in-game performance, but it absolutely crucifies everything else on my PC when it is running (e.g. switching to Notepad or some other application takes about 10 seconds).

Upgrade my PC, maybe? - NO! The PC works extremely well when WoWS is not running so I don't want to pay my hard-earned cash merely so I can run an arcade game. I've spent far too much on this bl00dy game already.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
6,948 posts
9,129 battles

No I don't use the game center (anymore, after I finally got a download link for the standalone client).

Mostly because I don't need it at all, since WoWs is the only WG game that I play and the game center literally adds nothing but an extra click for me to start the game.

Also, I hated how it wouldn't close when exiting the game center. It would minimize itself to the system tray instead and keep running in the background, requiring me to explicitly kill the task AGAIN just to get rid of the unnecessary load.

• Cool 7

[UNICS]
Players
2,787 posts
11,557 battles

I don't use it. Only play wows. Look at above posts for reason as for why I don't want it. It offers no benefit for me, but numerous disadvantages.

[TTT]
Players
3,623 posts
7,459 battles

have it, don't recall any particular issues with it. Doesn't feel particularly needed or useful either, but... eh... doesn't take up that much space so why not I suppose.

Players
59 posts
2,273 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

Captains,

We are currently looking into the Wargaming Game Center and how it could be improved, so I wanted to start a quick 24-hour topic to collect your feedback and suggestions!

If you don't know what I am talking about, you can download it here.

Please let me know:

• If not, why not?

:cap_like:

Nope, I do not user Game Center.

As to why; I only play WoWs so I don't really feel a need for it.

[-HUN-]
Players
650 posts
7,845 battles

I don't need Game Center as I only play WoWs and don't have intentions to play others. Do you know what I would need? If Steam WoWs and WG Wows could work together and I wouldn't need another stupid useless program on my computer. You joined Steam, then use it for God's sake. Trying to keep this computer clean, as minimal programs as possible. So no. You know guys you could use Steam exactly the same way you use Game Center and launcher.

Thanks.

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
580 posts
7,411 battles

I use it. Works perfectly for me. No issues at all ☺

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,408 posts

No, I'm not using it.

• If not, why not?
  1. I see no reason to install additional advertising tools (and a launcher is mostly that) for the single game I play. It offers no value to me. Every news about the game I can see on the webpage or in the game client already.
  2. I like to keep my system clean and organized and the less programms that run on it, the less is the risk for any security issues.
  3. An additional launcher running with the game, means more necessary hardware power to run it (if ever so slightly) which in return means higher actual costs to run the game (power usage). Computers already are the number one source for power consumption in the world. No need to increase that artificially and for no good reason.
  4. Every company nowadays insists on installing a launcher just for their games. Infesting the computers with bloatware. Usually even with a service running in the background to keep the games up to date even if they are not played at all. So if you have a game each from Wargaming, EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard, and my.com then those are already five additional programs to the five games you installed. Each potentially running a service in the background. A waste of space and an administrators nightmare for various reasons.
  5. As most launchers function as a webbrowser there are security issues involved. Who will guarantee me that those installed browsers follow common security protocols and implement necessary security patches and functionality?

No, as I am not using it and I don't want to use it.

An option to not use it.

And on a more serious note: An option to actually close the launcher when you press the little X in the upper right corner, instead of minimizing and hiding it into the tray.

Maybe before you ask us what we want improved, you tell us what your goals with the launcher are?

• Cool 9

Beta Tester
16 posts

Don't use it, only play WoWS so no need for it.

Also have heard of many people having problems with it, so would rather not use it.

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,586 battles
29 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

No, I'm not using it.

• If not, why not?
  1. I see no reason to install additional advertising tools (and a launcher is mostly that) for the single game I play. It offers no value to me. Every news about the game I can see on the webpage or in the game client already.
  2. I like to keep my system clean and organized and the less programms that run on it, the less is the risk for any security issues.
  3. An additional launcher running with the game, means more necessary hardware power to run it (if ever so slightly) which in return means higher actual costs to run the game (power usage). Computers already are the number one source for power consumption in the world. No need to increase that artificially and for no good reason.
  4. Every company nowadays insists on installing a launcher just for their games. Infesting the computers with bloatware. Usually even with a service running in the background to keep the games up to date even if they are not played at all. So if you have a game each from Wargaming, EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard, and my.com then those are already five additional programs to the five games you installed. Each potentially running a service in the background. A waste of space and an administrators nightmare for various reasons.
  5. As most launchers function as a webbrowser there are security issues involved. Who will guarantee me that those installed browsers follow common security protocols and implement necessary security patches and functionality?

No, as I am not using it and I don't want to use it.

An option to not use it.

And on a more serious note: An option to actually close the launcher when you press the little X in the upper right corner, instead of minimizing and hiding it into the tray.

Maybe before you ask us what we want improved, you tell us what your goals with the launcher are?

Completely agree.  +1

[CAIN]
[CAIN]
Players
2,706 posts
10,505 battles

I use the launcher for ages now (shortly after it was released), the only issue i had was, that i had to reinstall it once ~ one year ago. 

Apart from that no issues.

As suggestions for improvements:

1. reduce the load of the launcher, it takes more resources than it should need 

2. more news and a larger news section, less/ smaller premium offer section and more focus on new premiumships instead of the standard shop offers 

3. a large section of the launcher should be dedicated to training videos, how-tos asf.

[RNG]
Sailing Hamster
149 posts
5,460 battles
    • Yes, it feels nice having one centred place for all the game instances (Live, PT, NA-live…) and other games WoWp, WoT, TWA
    • Didn’t encounter any problems so far with the WGC
    • An option to sort the games in the top row via drag and drop or under options would be nice to have.
    • Having the latest maybe 3-5 articles form the portal rotate like the premium shop offers would be a good idea as well with picture in place of where atm the “Premium Shop April Offers” are
    • Getting the WGC to close/ minimize itself into the taskbar after launching a game and maybe reopen it after the game is closed.
    •  Another thing could be that the ModStation could be added as part of the WGC as well if the player wants to/ installs the ModStation on his PC

[OGHF]
Players
529 posts
10,135 battles

No, I do not use it as I only play WoW.

It did not load when i reinstalled the game after major computer hardware replacement.

may be a poll would be a good idea.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,897 posts

Unstable piece of "kit" that is of no use to me since I only play WoWS anymore. If it becomes mandatory, it will be a huge hurdle to take in order for me to log in the game. It also eats performance on my potato-pc.

[FAIL]
[FAIL]
Beta Tester
217 posts
6,096 battles

Needs to do something more than just launch an .exe, at the moment just feels like something else that needs to be updated.