Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wilkatis_LV

Some (useless) stats from tier 4 CV MM

15 comments in this topic

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,497 posts
6,358 battles

So I recently for no good reason played 20 games in my Hosho (well - why not), and all the "t4 & 5 CVs are terrible" aside - I'm amazed by the tier 4 MM. Here's a rundown from those 20 games:

45% battles top tier, 55% bottom tier. That's almost perfect 50:50 spread, very nice :cap_like:

Double CV games happen super often - 40% 1x CV and 60% 2x CV games

What happens even more is Langley.

In total 54.5% of CVs met were Langleys - the rest split as 18.2% Hoshos, 15.9% Zuihos and 11.4% Bogues.

When you break that down to single vs double CV games:

Single CV - 62.5% Langleys & 37.5% Hoshos

Double CV - 52.8% Langleys, 13.9% Hoshos, 19.4% Zuihos and 13.9% Bogues

In other words - if you want to play a t4 CV, chances are - you will play against 2 Langleys :Smile_teethhappy:

Already mentioned the pretty good bottom-top tier split, what's even better is average ship met - tier 4.01. It's a tier 4 ship on average fighting tier 4s, amazing. I wonder what that number looks like for 5s and 8s :Smile_trollface:

"Best MM" I got in those games was average tier 3.39, worst average tier 4.52 - so bottom tier ships always were at least half of the team instead of just getting kicked around by the big bullies.

Breaking that down further I got:

Single CV - average ship met tier 3.82

Double CV - average ship met tier 4.13

Top tier - average ship met tier 3.54

Bottom tier - average ship met 4.39

Is tier 4 the most balanced MM in the game or what? :cap_wander:

• Cool 5

[ONE2]
Players
2,292 posts
13,551 battles

Yeeah, prolly something to do with the "protected mm" that low tier ships have. Not sure when the fun ends but methinks it's at tier 4. :cap_hmm:

Hate those 2 CV games tho, none of the ships at tier 4 or even 5 have enough AA to adequately deal with it. Well, Texas exempted, of course.:Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
602 posts
5,853 battles

that's why the orion is so op, a lot of times is top tier, and with the protected MM you only fight tier 5 ( and that's the tier where this ship belongs, right now the Iron Duke is not really an immprovement over the orion)

tier 7 is also a dream tier, meanwhile tier 8 and especially 9 are never top tier

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,201 posts
13,916 battles

reasons for this are simple..

Langley became OP as hell when they gave her 3 squadrons.  18 planes in the air at any time compared to 12 on the Hosho.

Second and i was just as guilty of this. Back when manual drop was still allowed it was not about seal clubbing. it was about missions. CV count is so low that almost every CV mission can be done at tier 4.. Langley is easy mode even with no manual drop 

Incedently in last 2 months

Tier 4 CV brought to battle

Hosho 40%

Langley 60%

when manual was dropped i moved commander to Independence. Its just often easer to do mission with lowest possible  tier

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,052 posts
9,616 battles

Problem is langley fighter can basically whipe out near all planes from Hosho without rearming and hosho has 0  chance unless you find a Yubari/Texas to fight over in wining a figher engagement.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,158 posts
9,906 battles
2 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Hate those 2 CV games tho, none of the ships at tier 4 or even 5 have enough AA to adequately deal with it. Well, Texas exempted, of course.:Smile_Default:

One of my ARP Kongous is full AA .. and it deals quite well with planes :cap_rambo:

(Same for Kaiser or Konig with Man AA)

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,641 posts
13,071 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

the rest split as 148.2% Hoshos

8KTtscB.png

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
14 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

8KTtscB.png

stronk math skillz :Smile_trollface:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,497 posts
6,358 battles
17 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

8KTtscB.png

I claim no responsibility for spare 4s sneaking into this post :Smile_trollface:

Players
726 posts
6,607 battles
7 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

+1 for that. Here comes the five torp spread on a perfect broadside, delivered to a BB which can neither turn, dodge or shoot. I think WG have noticed, mind - the Bretagne appears to have borrowed the AA suite from Texas and is quite capable of spoiling a sealclubbers' day. 

Players
162 posts
245 battles

Langley might as well not have an engine with the speed it travels.

seen bricks achieve light speed faster.

• Funny 3

Players
362 posts
4,528 battles
6 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

+1 for that. Here comes the five torp spread on a perfect broadside, delivered to a BB which can neither turn, dodge or shoot. I think WG have noticed, mind - the Bretagne appears to have borrowed the AA suite from Texas and is quite capable of spoiling a sealclubbers' day. 

Bretagne has AA? Never noticed it.

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,036 posts
13,946 battles

we need more aa ships down low to protect people from low tier langley sealclubbing scum

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,497 posts
6,358 battles
4 hours ago, EgyptOverseer said:

Bretagne has AA? Never noticed it.

Not sure how it's against tier 5 / 6 / 7, but it absolutely murders Hoshos planes. Only went for her if the alternative would be Texas or there is no other target :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this