You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
T0byJug

Asashio.. Please shelve

Asashio Shelve her  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Shelve the Asashio. She is just Broken as she is.

2. 2. I'm an Experienced DD player with over 1000 games in DD and DDs of higher tiers( tier 8+). and said Yes to shelving this ship. Interested to see how many DD players dont like this ship

• Yes i have high tier DDs and have played 1000+ games in DDs(of any tier), I have played multiple DD tech lines to tier 8+ and believe this DD should be shelved.
    • Yes i have high tier DDs and have played 1000+ games in DDs(of any tier), I have played multiple DD tech lines to tier 8+ and believe this DD should be released as she is.
    • I am not and an experienced DD player

233 comments in this topic

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,842 posts
4,770 battles

Up to you, I'll be happily contesting caps in this when it comes out and having fun while training my captain.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,310 posts
8,523 battles
24 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

My Harekaze shares her captain (Akeno Misaki) with my Akizuki, for obvious reasons.:cap_rambo:

This is what I'm doing (although I think my specific captain is one of the HSF ones); I vaguely recall you were one of the people who advised me in this regard - thanks again for that.

25 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Kamikaze works for all of them (but you need to have her, and that's the hard bit :Smile_smile:).

Aye - she's one of the few premiums I don't have (RNGeezus didn't smile on my with the Xmas containers)

27 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Shinonome works in theory

That's what I'll be working on next; I'm a bit short on higher tier ships/competence though for it to be a quick process...

[SM0KE]
Players
3,310 posts
8,523 battles
26 minutes ago, VC381 said:

No offense but you guys are coming across really fussy if you think a cookie cutter IJN torpedo boat build won't work on Asashio. Slight playstyle adaptation and completely different captain requirements are not the same thing...

None taken. You're right - a standard captain will 'work' on Asashio, but when you're as mediocre as I am, every last little edge makes a difference.

Asashio, to me, looks like it wants TA, whereas I usually want all 10 km of my torp range in the regular ships; what this means in practice is that I'll probably want a dedicated captain in an Asashio when doing well less badly really matters (doing missions?), but a decent captain from a torp DD should be 'good enough' the rest of the time.

If I'm being honest, a large helping of git gud would have a much greater positive effect on my results than almost any combination of captain skills!

Players
1,742 posts
4,447 battles
3 hours ago, VC381 said:

Up to you, I'll be happily contesting caps in this when it comes out and having fun while training my captain.

Great! I hope you'll have fun being food for my Harekaze/Akizuki/USN DDs/USN CLs/Radar Minotaur!:Smile_playing:

3 hours ago, Verblonde said:

(although I think my specific captain is one of the HSF ones)

Akeno is one of the HSF ones.

This one:

Spoiler

28a746e31234cc1e0564a47084c156bc839f6c0a

I vaguely recall you were one of the people who advised me in this regard - thanks again for that.

No probs? I don't remember at all. Ahahah...:cap_book:

Aye - she's one of the few premiums I don't have (RNGeezus didn't smile on my with the Xmas containers)

I got her as a bit of a lucky coincidence. I started playing the game in October of 2016, and some time (I don't remember when) I got one of those random offers and it was for the Kamikaze. At the time I just wanted to be a F2P player so I ignored it, but shortly afterwards I found out about the (then upcoming) IJN DD split and how Minekaze (a ship I quickly fell in love with) was being nerfed. So I checked information about the Kamikaze and found that she was near-identical to the tech tree ship and bought her post-haste.

She's currently still my most-played ship, even though I haven't used her at all in the last 5-6months!

That's what I'll be working on next; I'm a bit short on higher tier ships/competence though for it to be a quick process...

Don't expect it to be quick. The 'Elite Service'(? I don't remember what it's called) campaign was added around Christmas 2016 and it took me until February this year to unlock Shinonome. Appropriately enough it was in the battle where Shimakaze 'clicked' for me that I unlocked her.

Amusing fact: I cannot land torpedo hits with her (Shinonome) to save my life. So I started building her as a gunboat instead, just to amuse myself. Her captain is Maron Yanagiwara (another HSF character), I find her way of talking hilarious.

Anyway, I'm turning this really off-topic so I should stop here.

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,850 posts
8,639 battles
9 hours ago, krazypenguin said:
  1. I will play a BB, sail in straight lines and farm Asashio torpedoes :Smile_facepalm:

I would create a poll for this, but I think the forums have enough Asashio threads already...

You owe me some moderately expensive wine.  Came out my nose.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

4,840 posts
9,310 battles
14 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Asashio, to me, looks like it wants TA, whereas I usually want all 10 km of my torp range in the regular ships; what this means in practice is that I'll probably want a dedicated captain in an Asashio when doing well less badly really matters (doing missions?), but a decent captain from a torp DD should be 'good enough' the rest of the time.

The longer I think of it, the more I'm growing accustomed to the idea of dusting off a unused 19pt captain (ex Zao) and make a pure torpedo build for the Asashio .... that way my Shima captain can keep his 12km torps .... we'll see.

• Cool 1

Players
2,936 posts
14,073 battles
Vor 5 Stunden, Allied_Winter sagte:

The longer I think of it, the more I'm growing accustomed to the idea of dusting off a unused 19pt captain (ex Zao) and make a pure torpedo build for the Asashio .... that way my Shima captain can keep his 12km torps .... we'll see.

Same here.

My second Shimakaze captain is lazy for too long time... :fish_sleep:

[FAME]
Beta Tester
803 posts
4,376 battles

That’s why you need two 19 point Shima captains, one with TA and one without.

Also a 19 point AA Fubuki captain for clan wars.

No I don’t actually have that many (no Fubuki anymore) but we have WG to thank for their non-player friendly skilltree decisions meant to force us to grind or cough up.

• Cool 1