You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KillerDolphin

do you think games are fixed ??

40 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
7,755 battles

ok , so I`m going to stick this 1 out there 

DO YOU THINK EVERY GAME IS FIXED ??

Heres what I`ve noticed over the time i`ve been on WoWs . I was a CBT tester ,now have 6k games played and my win rate is around 51% , so I`m not moaning cos I cant play

1. I have gone out in my favorite ships , played like I always do and won around 80% of my games , doesn`t matter  what time of day or day and wether I played good or bad , came top , middle or bottom of team  , but next time I have used the same ships and lost nearly every game and most likely came in the top 5 . WHY did I suddenly become crap ??

2. you`ve had games where whenever you`ve fired you do massive damage and again play the same way next time and do minimal dmg or straddle , even to broadsiding cruisers but every shell that comes your way , does do massive damage !!

3. I`ve put fire starting flags on and hardly started 1 but every shell that seems to hit you starts 1 !

4. I`ve also seen that when grinding a new ship , you start off well and think " this ship is good " but end up along the grind where you can`t even pay doblooms for a win then as you reach the next ship , its all wins etc , lol 

5. I KNOW RNG has a lot to do with it sometimes , I also know that sometimes you team does stupid things ( lemmings being 1 ) but the MM ALSO SUCKS .

I just feel like I can`t do what I`m suppose to do because it`s fixed  , e.g Mission - do 70k dmg and win - I did more dmg and lose or less dmg and win !!!! nxt was 10 cits and 10 wins - it took me all weekend ( 3 days ) to achieve that due to idiot teams / weekenders / crap MM .

1 DAY IT WAS 15 WINS AND 10 KILLS , next day 5 GAMES , ALL LOSSES .

before people start on me - I DON`T expect to win all and I am not a unicum , but also do what I am suppose to do every game in whichever ship I'm in and do my best !ON the subject of Weekenders , I don't think they are sometimes as tactical minded and just play for fun , which is FINE but sometimes annoying to rest , sorry 

AM I reading to much into this ??? AND I know its just a game , SO just wondering what your thoughts are on my analysis 

Does this seem to happen to everyone 

thankyou

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,398 posts

Yes, absolutly. Your win or loss streaks have absolutly nothing to do with yourself or the teammates you are playing with. It is all Wargamings fault, as they want to play with your mind and drive you into insanity.

Spoiler

Just to be sure... this is a sarcasm tag.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
25 minutes ago, KillerDolphin said:

No, most games have lots of bugs and other things that should be fixed, WoWs is no exception.

[CATS]
Players
13,618 posts
10,385 battles

As written in all the other threads concerning this topic: NO.

Just read up.

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

Ask yourself what the purpose and motivation should be to fix the matches??

[RNG4]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
49 minutes ago, KillerDolphin said:

Heres what I`ve noticed over the time i`ve been on WoWs . I was a CBT tester ,now have 6k games played and my win rate is around 51% , so I`m not moaning cos I cant play

1. I have gone out in my favorite ships , played like I always do and won around 80% of my games , doesn`t matter  what time of day or day and wether I played good or bad , came top , middle or bottom of team  , but next time I have used the same ships and lost nearly every game and most likely came in the top 5 . WHY did I suddenly become crap ??

2. you`ve had games where whenever you`ve fired you do massive damage and again play the same way next time and do minimal dmg or straddle , even to broadsiding cruisers but every shell that comes your way , does do massive damage !!

3. I`ve put fire starting flags on and hardly started 1 but every shell that seems to hit you starts 1 !

4. I`ve also seen that when grinding a new ship , you start off well and think " this ship is good " but end up along the grind where you can`t even pay doblooms for a win then as you reach the next ship , its all wins etc , lol 

5. I KNOW RNG has a lot to do with it sometimes , I also know that sometimes you team does stupid things ( lemmings being 1 ) but the MM ALSO SUCKS .

I just feel like I can`t do what I`m suppose to do because it`s fixed  , e.g Mission - do 70k dmg and win - I did more dmg and lose or less dmg and win !!!! nxt was 10 cits and 10 wins - it took me all weekend ( 3 days ) to achieve that due to idiot teams / weekenders / crap MM .

before people start on me - I DON`T expect to win all and I am not a unicum , but also do what I am suppose to do every game in whichever ship I'm in and do my best !ON the subject of Weekenders , I don't think they are sometimes as tactical minded and just play for fun , which is FINE but sometimes annoying to rest , sorry 

AM I reading to much into this ??? AND I know its just a game , SO just wondering what your thoughts are on my analysis 

thankyou

Questions like this arise from time to time. I, personally, don't think it is the case because there are various reasons (and proof/indications) against it.

First off, they miss a motive. Keeping players at certain WRs or personal ratings or whatever won't bring any advantages. It won't increase WG's income, it won't make players more happy and the PR disaster, if people found out, would probably be the death sentence for WoWS and will damage the reputation of other WG titles. Secondly, implementing (and mainting) a system which manipulates matches costs financial and human ressources. This in combination with a lack of a motive (i.e. they will make more money more or less directely) makes it less likely.

Thirdly, if you look at the statistics we have available of all players, how do you think this supposed system works. How does it determine who gets a 65% WR and who goes home with 35%? Does it even make sense to have such a large disparity in WR and other statistics? Why do people with good stats also have the most experience, knowledge and skill in the game (outliers who division up with vastly better players aside), while the redline sniping BB, suiciding DD, broadsiding CA and "ima only do automatic attacks" CVs are the tomatoes they should be? If the system randomly determined who will get which stat (set), I would expect a different result, e.g. good players with abysmal WRs while some tomatoes stay at 60%, no improvement of players over time.

And lastly (as far as I can think right now), WG can not influence the biggest RNG in the whole game which are the players themselves.

The impressions you gave can mostly be explained by how our brain works and therefore which fallacies we commit. Selective perception (sharpshooter fallacy), finding patterns when there are none (gambler's fallacy), confirmation bias, etc.

RNG is RNG is RNG.

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,803 battles

To be honest,a lot of this is down to the others in your team and your ability to carry battles - the higher your ability the lower the quality of teams you can carry through to victory. I cannot solo carry, I know that, but I am good enough to ensure that I influence enough games to get a fairly decent win rate regularly. I also know that I have to have the correct frame of mind to get my own capabilities to work correctly in game terms and it doesn't take me long to realise when i am not in that frame of mind, so I stop playing and do something else for a while.

Recognise what you can and can't do, when you can do it, what you need to do to improve your skill base etc etc etc basic often repeated advice, but still true.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,335 posts
12,570 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

not this bullplop again...

Oh yes! 

Game is rigged

Life is rigged

Everything is rigged man! 

imageproxy.thumb.jpg.86a3228cfebb9260a5d5261e0a969f82.jpg

On a more serious note though. Some games feel kinda rigged. When the team is doing everything they can to lose, and you solo carry them to almost victory, then the last DD on the team detonates and game over. 

Happens :Smile_facepalm:

Beta Tester
3,671 posts
12,833 battles

Good days and bad days explanation? Easy... some days you get the potatoes = 46% WR... other days you get slightly better potatoes = 100% WR. In the end it depends on how potato you are yourself.

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,200 posts
8,644 battles

Here is my 5 pennies worth of psychological expertise, which in the long run means pretty much diddly doo doo:

1: Congratulations, you've taken your first step in mindreading, developing a theory of mind and becoming more self-aware in realising you have become poop.

2 - 4: These points you make seem to indicate you're exhibiting symptoms of apophenia, seeing patterns where there are none. As human beings we are hardwired to search for patterns in everything. This does not mean you are wrong, and without trying to imply teleologically that it was deliberate,  evolution has prepared us extremely well for pattern recognition - we had to survive so developed a brilliant ability to do this very well, but it also means we sometimes fall prey to common errors in thinking, like you are now in searching for a reason or two to explain why you are suddenly underperforming or losing. It could be a case of 'post hoc ergo propter hoc' too, who knows. If B happens after A you are maybe assuming A has caused B. Or you could be misremembering, implying you are remembering incorrectly about past experiences.

5: A common trait in conspiracy theorists is to ignore sound evidence disproving their conspiracy, and here you mention it but move on too quickly - it's RNG baby.

There is something called self-serving attribution, which basically means when things work out well we take all the credit for ourselves, e.g. ' I aced my exam because I am brilliant', but when things go badly we tend to blame something external, e.g. I failed the exam because the test was unreasonable'. And once again, apophenia, searching for meaning and trying to make sense of it all to explain something that may simply just be bad luck and crappy RNG. Your confirmation bias or affimration bias is leading you to search for and agree with more and more evidence that it might be rigged and ignoring all else.

All in all, take a little time out and remember it's a game and not real life. This is the best piece of advice I can give because it's the advice people keep giving me over and over after I throw all my toys out the cot each and every night, moving from one chat ban to another. Good luck!

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles

I had the TO once in a battle in my team. Classical salty and bad player.

Someone should explain him the Dunning-Kruger-Effect. As it fits perfect to him...

[HAERT]
Players
2,025 posts
2 hours ago, Yogibjoern said:

^^^

Exactly that.

I can't think of any reason for there to be any type of match "fixing" from WG, it makes no sense.

Players
2,179 posts
13,947 battles
4 hours ago, KillerDolphin said:

Fixed... not at all.

Cristiano Ronaldo's slow start to the season sparks Ballon d'Or race

TWO GAMES WITHOUT a goal is run of the mill for most footballers, but for Cristiano Ronaldo it constitutes a drought.

Ronaldo will be looking to forget his early season struggles as Real Madrid aim to lay down a marker in their quest for a third consecutive Champions League at Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday.

Cristiano Ronaldo’s stunning overhead kick helps Real Madrid floor Juventus

For a brief moment, there was stunned silence. It felt as if nobody could comprehend what they had witnessed. Then the applause broke out. It came from all sides of this boisterous arena. In great blocks, the Juventus supporters rose to their feet. It was to recognise sporting genius and it did not matter to them that it had come from a rival.

Ronaldo’s numbers are freakish and, at the age of 33, they show no sign of letting up. He has 25 goals in his last 14 games for club and country. He has scored in every Champions League tie this season and he leads the field for the competition’s Golden Boot with 14. Something seems to stir inside him when he hears the aria.

Players
1,361 posts
14,165 battles
5 hours ago, KillerDolphin said:

6k games played and my win rate is around 51% , so I`m not moaning cos I cant play

After 6k battles you are a non-factor for the outcome of your battles and you think you can play?

The most important reason for why the idea of a fixed game is bonkers: It would be additional work for WG for what benefit exactly?

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,605 posts
6,667 battles

No, matches aren't fixed.  Not even if you type in caps.

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles
7 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

Never trust beta releases!

That makes no sense in the context of this thread.

Nor has this game been beta for nearly 3 years now.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,159 posts
9,954 battles

Let's face it .. you're just a scrub :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,385 battles
9 hours ago, KillerDolphin said:

No. Stop whining and blaming everyone for your losses, noone cares enough about you to rig anything against you.

Winning streaks and losing streaks are a thing.

Random doesn't mean 1-0-1-0-1-0-1-0

In a random situation you can easily score 3x 1s or 3x 0s in a row

That is called RNG, has been in this game always. Don't like it? Stop playing BBs (or at least STOP SITTING AT MAX RANGE)

Learn how CHANCE works.

10% fire chance doesn't mean that every 10th HE shell will set a fire. You could get 3 fires in 5 shells and then hit the next fire after 35 more shells hit. Those are "single situation" cases. Over a large number of hits they will AVERAGE to that same 10%

Also fire resistances are a thing

Confirmation bias, not a thing that actually happens

you can`t even pay doblooms for a win then

That's not how it works

All I can say is git gud

1st time I saw their clan in my battles a couple days ago thought it's a new SCRUBs subclan, quickly became apparent that they are not :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles
9 hours ago, Yogibjoern said:

Business strategy to subtly make bad players (who make up the majority of the playerbase) win slightly more than they would on their own, to make them more happy so they'll stay around longer or spend more money. 

Since nowadays countless companies use big data to get an edge or manipulate customers or voters or whatever it really doesn't sound that far-fetched. 

16 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Confirmation bias, not a thing that actually happens

In WoT there was a system so that newly purchased tanks would get favorable matchmaking (less uptiers) for the first x amount of matches.

Don't know if that's still in place but it proves how easy it would be for a company to manipulate games. 

I'm not saying the game is one big conspiracy theory but the absolute naitivy you guys are showing isn't healthy either. 

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,309 posts
13,602 battles
10 hours ago, KillerDolphin said:

thankyou

DOH! Dude, all these observation only prove that it is completely random. If it was actually fixed - It would have been done so it is believable and you WOULD get consistent results every time. :Smile_Default:.

Besides, to make a code that could actually match every single player, their stats and other variables is pretty much impossible. No computer or programmer capable of performing such a task currently exists. Sorry dude, but your theory rests on the assumption that people and computers are actually intelligent and fails miserably, as we are just TOO DUMB to carry out anything so sophisticated for no good reason whatsoever.:Smile-_tongue:

So put away that tinfoil hat, set your head on straight and have a coffee RIGHT NAO private! :Smile_honoring:

foil.jpg.0cd916814841cc3eeff0b6dfa5b905ee.jpg