Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Umbrascythe

Space battle mode camouflage "sounds"

Space camouflage sounds  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should the "permanent" space camouflage include space-battle-modes gun/torp sounds?

• Yes. These camouflage-skins should include the weapon sounds.
    • No. The camouflage-skin itself is unique enough for the price.
    • I am not sure. (Evt. Comment why)
    • I dont care.

3 comments in this topic

[SF-E]
Beta Tester
18 posts
5,929 battles

So. I decided to treat and spoil myself here in the Easter holidays and buy the Großer Kurfürst camouflage from space battles.

I like the star wars star destroyer-ish design and the neat space sounds.

But I was "only slightly" miffed when I took it out for a stroll and found out that the skin doesn't come with the space battle mode gun/plane sounds.

I guess it would be too confusing if there were multiple gun sounds, but then agian, people could just turn them off with the skin-filter option.

What do you think? Should these 8k doubloon skins include at least the gun/torp sounds from space battle mode?

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
33 minutes ago, Umbrascythe said:

So. I decided to treat and spoil myself here in the Easter holidays and buy the Großer Kurfürst camouflage from space battles.

I like the star wars star destroyer-ish design and the neat space sounds.

But I was "only slightly" miffed when I took it out for a stroll and found out that the skin doesn't come with the space battle mode gun/plane sounds.

I guess it would be too confusing if there were multiple gun sounds, but then agian, people could just turn them off with the skin-filter option.

What do you think? Should these 8k doubloons include at least the gun/torp sounds from space battle mode?

We already have an official stance on the issue, that can be summed up as follows:

1. Sounds are not there because currently there's no way to tie sound effects to camo (it would require implementation of new mechanisms not present in the game so far)

2. WG has acknowledged the fact that people miss the appropriate sounds

3. They are looking into technical possibilities to make it happen...

4. ...but for now they are unable to give us any ETA or even promise with 100% certainty that it will happen so they ask us to not make any assumptions when deciding on the purchase, it's possible that they will ultimately decide that it's not worth it and we'll be left with standard sounds for special skins forever

PS:

I'm not sure what you mean by "multiple gun sounds" being confusing - currently pretty much every ship has her own gun sounds, to the point where the same guns on two different ships can sound differently. Although, of course, they all sound like, well, guns.

[SF-E]
Beta Tester
18 posts
5,929 battles
19 minutes ago, eliastion said:

We already have an official stance on the issue, that can be summed up as follows:

1. Sounds are not there because currently there's no way to tie sound effects to camo (it would require implementation of new mechanisms not present in the game so far)

2. WG has acknowledged the fact that people miss the appropriate sounds

3. They are looking into technical possibilities to make it happen...

4. ...but for now they are unable to give us any ETA or even promise with 100% certainty that it will happen so they ask us to not make any assumptions when deciding on the purchase, it's possible that they will ultimately decide that it's not worth it and we'll be left with standard sounds for special skins forever

PS:

I'm not sure what you mean by "multiple gun sounds" being confusing - currently pretty much every ship has her own gun sounds, to the point where the same guns on two different ships can sound differently. Although, of course, they all sound like, well, guns.

I see, so it IS a subject that is been somewhat looked into. Thats nice to hear!

And what I ment by multiple gun sounds, is that, I could imagine some people would be annoyed by having 2 different guns going "BOOM!" while 2 others go "ZIUMMM!" simultaneously and continuing.
Something like that :)

Sign in to follow this