5 comments in this topic

Players
23 posts
4,131 battles

Hey,

i wanted to talk about the GK secondaries. The GK uses the 128mm multi purpose secondaries derived from the 128mm Flak 40 which was the last generation of heavy anti aircraft weaponry of the Wehrmacht, used in 1943-1945. Ingame the Gneisenau also uses the same 128mm guns. On my research towards the armament setup of the Gneisenau's Hull(B) i found out that the 128mm guns were supposed to be part of the 1943 refit of the Gneisenau which were never realized and the 128mm were never mounted on ships with the exception of the late DDs. Now my question is about buffing the fire chance of these guns. The only difference towards the previous generations 105mm guns is the HE damage(1200 to 1500). The GK actually has a worse secondy setup than the Bismarck/Tirpitz in regard to fire chance because it sacrifices 1 150mm dedicated naval battery turret for them.

I would buff the HE fire chance from 5% to 7% to be in harmony with the increase in gun calibre.

I also found out that the 128mm can fire shells with a weight of 26kg to 29kg while the 150mm 105mm shoots shells with a weight of 15kg to 16kg which would also support this change. I always found it weird how the secondary armament of the Hull(A) is better than the Hull(B). It feels like you trade naval secondary power for AA secondary power.

What do you think?

MfG 

Boom

Players
23 posts
4,131 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Where did you get that?

Typical weight would be 45kg.

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNGER_59-55_skc28.php

This is from my link. 

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNGER_41-65_skc33.php

The Gneisenau in the game uses these guns. At least i think so. I can't find the C/31 right now. But the C/33 and C/31 are both L/65 and the C/28 is L/55.

Projectile Types and Weights HE: 33.3 lbs. (15.1 kg) 
AP: 34.8 lbs. (15.8 kg) 
HE, Incendiary: 34.8 lbs. (15.8 kg) 
Illum: 32.4 lbs. (14.7 kg)

Players
23 posts
4,131 battles

Oops. I just saw that. I mean of course the 105mm guns. The 150mm were dedicated naval batteries. I will correct that.

Sign in to follow this