Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheHun66

Is Matchmaking messed up?

9 comments in this topic

[KATT]
Players
1 post
2,178 battles

I read most of the threads, but i still don`t get it why i am playing with my konigsberg and end up battling against tier 7 battleships and cruiser.

I am playing this game less and less because of this, i have a fairly good service record because i am causal player, i do have almost 900k free xp on my Scharnhorst but i can rarely play that either,  i did the math and took notes, 12 out of 15 games lost by distruction from tier 10 ships and the other 3 games i lost by chance but i did not get destroyed. 

I know what you think, i am a noob and i am just unloading frustration...but i am not...i was totally playing this for fun with some people, i am spending more 20 hours a week in blizzard games, but now this fun is like totally gone...

[BYOB]
Players
2,722 posts
9,874 battles
18 minutes ago, TheHun66 said:

i still don`t get it why i am playing with my konigsberg and end up battling against tier 7 battleships and cruiser

You are doing this because of the match maker. Up to tier 4 you are protected and can only fight against ships one tier higher. At tier 5 you start having a chance to see ships two tiers higher.

Because of how matchmaker works tiers 7 and 10 suck up lower tiered ships into fighting against them, making tiers 5 and 8 not that great to play (which is a pity since many ships at those tiers are really interesting).

This also means that the higher you go mid or high tier, the less problems you will be having.

25 minutes ago, TheHun66 said:

Scharnhorst but i can rarely play that either,  i did the math and took notes, 12 out of 15 games lost by distruction from tier 10 ships and the other 3 games i lost by chance but i did not get destroyed.

About your Scharnhorst experience, you cannot see tier 10 ships in that boat since it is a tier 7 and has a +2 tiers limitation. So unless you division up with a tier 8 ship you cannot fight against tier 10 ships. Also Scharnhorst is one of the strongest premiums at tier 7, as it can fight almost any enemy ship at tier and win.

I'm sorry to say that, but you are a bad player according to the stats and your problems probably stem from the fact that you haven't developed skills to play the game at a level which would bring you success. Because from all of the tier 5 cruisers, the Königsberg does ok when uptiered.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles
2 hours ago, TheHun66 said:

i still don`t get it why i am playing with my konigsberg and end up battling against tier 7 battleships and cruiser.

This would be a reasonably question from someone with 100...300 games played just reaching their very 1st tier 5 ship, not someone with 2k battles played

nAMUQ0V.png

on my Scharnhorst but i can rarely play that either,  i did the math and took notes, 12 out of 15 games lost by distruction from tier 10 ships and the other 3 games i lost by chance but i did not get destroyed. 

Stop faildivisioning with tier 8 ships, Scharnhorst can't meet tier 10 normally. In Fact, since Scharn is tier 7 - if you didn't faildivision you'd be top tier most of the time.

I know what you think, i am a noob (..) but i am not...

With those 2 points you have shown that you clearly are

• Cool 1

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles

One of a few ships in the game i can think of that dosent care if you get sucked up/fail divisioning is Kamikaze, heck i have to admit that sometime i wish i can get into a T8 BB heavy match the Fxp it prints is sweet :cap_haloween:

Beta Tester
3,678 posts
12,877 battles
12 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

One of a few ships in the game i can think of that dosent care if you get sucked up/fail divisioning is Kamikaze, heck i have to admit that sometime i wish i can get into a T8 BB heavy match the Fxp it prints is sweet :cap_haloween:

Yep... getting into a T7 battle with the Kamikaze still feels as sealclubbing.

Though recently I noticed, that getting "upgraded" to a T7 battle in the Crispy Creme is awfully funny, too. Way too often the "big boys" don't seem to take you seriously and justforget that fire is the Great Regulator, that can kill even a +2 tier BB when administered long/often enough. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[X-MAS]
Players
41 posts
13,401 battles

i think match making it is a cmplex thing (maybe to complex for little brain typed people of wargaming), is not only limited to ships tiers but also combined with experienced players and their commander skills, and at the end also influenced by ranking of players....(sorry if my english isn't so good but i think to be quite clear in waht i mean)...but wg doesn't care about that, they care only about to make their [edited]money...and who cares if you lose cause of shitting match making??? bye bye dear friends!!!

Beta Tester
3,678 posts
12,877 battles
On 3.4.2018 at 12:22 PM, Major_Damage225 said:

Fun fact btw.: in todays Crispy Creme battle - recently I always take the Crispy Creme for the last battle of the day - I ended up at T7 once more.

And the only ship I managed to sink was - *drumroll*- a Kamikaze R - tadum-tssss....

• Funny 1

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles
1 hour ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Fun fact btw.: in todays Crispy Creme battle - recently I always take the Crispy Creme for the last battle of the day - I ended up at T7 once more.

And the only ship I managed to sink was - *drumroll*- a Kamikaze R - tadum-tssss....

Tbf, the Kreme has potential, she has a bed rep but thats a good thing people go "ooh its a Kream, no danger" just to be surprised when a Kream goes and creams theys team :Smile_veryhappy:

(she would be awsome if her concealment would be buffed by o say 500-800meters :Smile_trollface:

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,070 posts
14,084 battles

Yes VIII is broken on this server

18 hours ago, AmmVonKikke said:

bye bye dear friends!!!

bye ;P

Sign in to follow this