You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
loppantorkel

Ships that need a buff

354 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
2,786 posts
11,545 battles

Some obvious ships that should get nerfed at some point when enough data is collected, but what ships need a buff?

Hipper, Eugen and Shima are getting some needed buffs. What ship is the next in line in your opinion?

My entry: Akatsuki - IJN dd at tier 7. Sucks at every level.

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
6,933 posts
9,129 battles

Mogami needs rethinking.

Her 155mm configuration is being powercreeped like mad by other CLs and her 203mm version is virtually identical to the Myoukou at tier VII and the Ibuki at tier IX.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
2,786 posts
11,545 battles
5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Mogami needs rethinking.

Her 155mm configuration is being powercreeped like mad by other CLs and her 203mm version is virtually identical to the Myoukou at tier VII and the Ibuki at tier IX.

Most tier 8 cruisers are in a pretty bad place. It almost sounds like the Ibuki is worse off then..

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,025 posts
13,625 battles

Ships that need a buff?

• Hindenburg
  • Des Moines
  • Midway
  • Belfast
  • Hindenburg
  • Saipan
  • Orion
  • Imperator
  • Z-52
  • Hindenburg

Just to name a few :Smile_hiding:

But honestly, a few of the IJN destroyers could take a looking at as well as the general mid tiered cruisers outside of the British. The Japanese and Americans in particular have been rendered quite weak due to powercreep and the game's meta as of late. The Ranger is another quite pathetic ship.

• Funny 11
  • Bad 1

Players
3,276 posts
6,864 battles
1 minute ago, loppantorkel said:

Most tier 8 cruisers are in a pretty bad place. It almost sounds like the Ibuki is worse off then..

Well, Ibuki IS Mogami/203 with access to heal, 6th upgrade slot and some AA added here and there.

Players
282 posts
8,027 battles

Ognevoi and mahan for me are those that stand out. Worst tier 7 and 8 DDs by a margin IMO.

• Cool 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,569 posts
9,107 battles

Atlanta 

upside-down-face_1f643.png

No but seriously, a lot of low tier cruisers are just garbage.

They were pretty meh back in the day, and are now just completely powercrept trash.

• Cool 2

[HMSR]
Players
1,639 posts
5,871 battles
20 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

Ships that need a buff?

• Hindenburg
  • Des Moines
  • Midway
  • Belfast
  • Hindenburg
  • Saipan
  • Orion
  • Imperator
  • Z-52
  • Hindenburg

But honestly, a few of the IJN destroyers could take a looking at as well as the general mid tiered cruisers outside of the British. The Japanese and Americans in particular have been rendered quite weak due to powercreep and the game's meta as of late. The Ranger is another quite pathetic ship.

U got hindy in there 2x, where is Missoury, Musashi, Nelson and Kamikaze, they need buffs aswell, especially the Kami, needs to get her original 3x3 8km torps back :Smile_trollface:

(runs out of the room before the pitchforks arrive) 

• Funny 7

[SCRUB]
Players
6,933 posts
9,129 battles
55 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

(runs out of the room before the pitchforks arrive) 

Really, pitchforks aren't what they used to be.

Could really use a buff to their sharpness and handle length. Maybe increase the firechance of the torches whilst they're at it for added division synergy.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7

Players
9 posts
4,622 battles
1 hour ago, dasCKD said:

Ships that need a buff?

• Hindenburg
  • Des Moines
  • Midway
  • Belfast
  • Hindenburg
  • Saipan
  • Orion
  • Imperator
  • Z-52
  • Hindenburg

2 of these ships are getting Nerfed :D

Midway will get less planes.

and the orion gets a nerf to 

i would say give the Shimakaze his old torps back the longer range whit less detection.

since there is alot more hydro/radar now.

then there was when they got removed.

[TS1]
Players
468 posts
7,154 battles

Kebab.  Especially the torps. They need better concealment. :cap_cool:

Recent experiences made me think the T-22 is lacking just about everywhere. But the most important thing is that she needs a proper name. Ships should have names that aren't alphanumerical designations. This isn't WoT. No, I don't care how it was back in the actual war.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,080 posts
3,758 battles

The IJN DD at T6-7 have a stealth problem : the newer gunboat are stealthier than them. A review of the DD stealth values should be welcome. At least they are dealing with Shima who has the same problem.

For BBs, Izumo & Colorado may need a bit of help.

Several cruiser branches suffer a lot in T6-8 because they lack range : I think of IJN, USN and KM mostly (RN has smoke to deal with that). Playing while being low tier or in a BB-heavy game (something quite common) is really not fun.

• Cool 4

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles

Mahan. Definitely. Look up my dd stats if in doubt. I can make a lot of bad ones work, but that one is the equivalent of a knife fight in a phone booth you have to fight with a rotten wooden spoon you have to wield with your left foot. It is not competitive. At. All.

• Cool 2

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

every T-7 DD have stealth problems often more than 1 km. they can be out spotted of DD in lower and higher tier

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Beta Tester
73 posts
3,413 battles

Atago needs a range increase

• Cool 1

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,586 battles

Danae and Emerald.  My friend started playing this game recently and, despite my advice, went down the RN CL line.  He's not new to WG games, he's got over 20k battles in Tanks, so he does understand how they balance stuff and how their game mechanics work, etc..., but after the Danae and a few dozen games in the Emerald he just quit playing.  I ground the Danae myself and it was horrific.  I've purchased the Emerald but have no desire to inflict further pain on myself, no matter how good the ships after it are.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
3 minutes ago, krazypenguin said:

Danae and Emerald.  My friend started playing this game recently and, despite my advice, went down the RN CL line.  He's not new to WG games, he's got over 20k battles in Tanks, so he does understand how they balance stuff and how their game mechanics work, etc..., but after the Danae and a few dozen games in the Emerald he just quit playing.  I ground the Danae myself and it was horrific.  I've purchased the Emerald but have no desire to inflict further pain on myself, no matter how good the ships after it are.

The Leander alone is worth the pain

• Cool 2

[TS1]
Players
468 posts
7,154 battles
Just now, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

The Leander alone is worth the pain

Eh. I kinda like the Emerald. I even still play it occasionally for fun. The Leander felt like a careful upgrade that faced higher tier ships to me. The Fiji on the other hand. Now that's a good ship.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles
1 hour ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Mahan. Definitely. Look up my dd stats if in doubt. I can make a lot of bad ones work, but that one is the equivalent of a knife fight in a phone booth you have to fight with a rotten wooden spoon you have to wield with your left foot. It is not competitive. At. All.

I played a few battles in Mahan while grinding for the Fletcher and it was an incredibly good gunboat for its tier with decent self-defense torps. Got about 87k average damage in 18 matches. 

That was before the smoke changes though. 

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,819 battles

Karlsruhe, low tier RN cruisers, Tenryu, Chester are weak, Kawachi, Myogi. OTOH some ships will always be worst.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,707 posts
13,150 battles

I believe Clemson should be able to stealth torp with at least a 1km margin considering how trash her guns are.

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,252 posts
3,752 battles

Shimakaze

OK, i know they will give the ship a bit more concealment but i think this won't be enough to come on par with the other T10 DD's.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
215 posts
4,056 battles

Kii - better dispersion 

• Cool 1