You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
chaosrealm93

kiev vs tashkent

10 comments in this topic

Players
444 posts
6,366 battles

my ultimate goal is the kaba 

but should i play the tashkent?  is it still the TRASHkent of old?  has anything changed?

how should i play it?

[SCRUB]
Players
6,948 posts
9,129 battles

New Tashkent doesn't look that bad and is a very valuable learning experience on how to play a gunboat DD without smoke (use heal instead) before you get to the Khabarovsk.

As for how to play her, like a CL. You're no DD. You don't have amazong concealment, you don't have smoke. What you have however are good, fast firing low caliber guns and a fast ship. You support your team's DDs as they go for caps.

You use your speed and manouverability to evade enemy return fire and pepper them at your preferred range with HE (or AP if they show broadside). When things get too hot, you disengage and use your heal to recuperate some HP, then rinse and repeat the process.

• Cool 1

[PRAVD]
Players
983 posts
5,257 battles

I love the Tashkent. Besides the looks I like the gameplay. Lately it's my to-go ship when playing tier 9.

You can't really contest caps, you lack the concealment for that. Stay at long range and make use of your speed while peppering enemies who have a hard time hitting you with a bit of effort in dodging. With speed boost and speed flag you can go 48 knots IIRC.

Use the heal instead of smoke (I already got a Dreadnought) and if you have it install the upgrade for longer speed boost duration.

I didn't play the Kiev after it became t8, already grinded to t8 Tashkent, so I can't really compare them. But I assume they have a comparable playstyle.

• Cool 1

Players
3,284 posts
6,875 battles

Tashkent never was trashkent, simply Kiev used to deliver the same bang at tier lower. Nowadays though, Tash have THE longest gunboat main artillery range, couple that with very high amount of hitpoints, heal and you get very good Kebab trainer. Tashkent, unlike Kebab have actually useful torps to boot as well. And you need to get used to lack of handling in Khaba as well.

• Cool 1

[SV3]
Players
197 posts
6,818 battles

Play it, and play it like you would the Khaba. Its a fun ship and really good sometimes. Learn what ranges you can be effektive at and how to set up ambushes against dds and bbs. Learn when you should switch to ap and when to he spam. You will do better in your Khaba if you do. And yes you will be frustrated sometimes because always outspotted and being extremely punished if you overextend. But this is as true for the Khaba. Also dont forget the torps.

Players
3,284 posts
6,875 battles
23 minutes ago, Systergummi said:

Play it, and play it like you would the Khaba. Its a fun ship and really good sometimes. Learn what ranges you can be effektive at and how to set up ambushes against dds and bbs. Learn when you should switch to ap and when to he spam. You will do better in your Khaba if you do. And yes you will be frustrated sometimes because always outspotted and being extremely punished if you overextend. But this is as true for the Khaba. Also dont forget the torps.

One thing Tashkent have over Kebab is range - 15.2km vs 13.5km. That thing alone makes Tash more friendly or Khaba more punishing, depending on your point of view.

• Cool 1

Players
215 posts

1. Tashkent has NEVER been anything but an amazing boat. Kiev is king but Tashkent is still amazing

2. Plebs will tell you to use heal on Tash/Khaba. Don't. Smoke is invaluable

[TS1]
Players
474 posts
7,165 battles

I haven't actually played the new Taskent but if she's anything like the Kebab I don't think it's correct to compare the playstyle with, well, any other ship at all really. CLs tend to not have great survivability in open waters after all. And that's kinda where RU DDs thrive. I think your main task is to support your fellow DDs from just outside the caps. Not many DDs want to get close to a RU DD. Then I find flanking to harassing enemy fleet or chasing DDs work well, though chasing DDs might require some spotting help.

Just now, BattleshipAP said:

1. Tashkent has NEVER been anything but an amazing boat. Kiev is king but Tashkent is still amazing

2. Plebs will tell you to use heal on Tash/Khaba. Don't. Smoke is invaluable

Plebs will tell you that only their preferred strat works.

Consumable choice depends on how you play and how well you use your smoke. Both actually works well since they're strong ships, but I find that heal makes for more fun gameplay.

• Cool 3

[PRAVD]
Players
983 posts
5,257 battles

^I like your profile pic. In fact, KC Tashkent sparked my interest in playing the ship again.

As for smoke vs heal: the thing with smoke is that you need somebody to spot for you, and they're not always available. Besides, to effectively use it you're binded to a specific area and it happened to me before that we lost line of sight with every ship inside my range, turning my smoke useless. Besides, smoke conceals you but íf you take hits, that damage will be permanent. A matter of opinion I guess. So far using heal worked for me.

• Cool 1

[SV3]
Players
197 posts
6,818 battles
12 hours ago, Panocek said:

One thing Tashkent have over Kebab is range - 15.2km vs 13.5km. That thing alone makes Tash more friendly or Khaba more punishing, depending on your point of view.

Very true. But my point is that if you get to close to a bb or a cruiser you die a lot faster than you would have thought possible. Generally I dont want to be closer then 10km. At 8 you find yourself melting like Stripe in Gremlins. At 6 you get blapped.

At 10 to 12 km you thrive.