Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SirLloydHigginsBoomBoom

Uninstalled

35 comments in this topic

Players
21 posts
292 battles

God damm I was hoping that this game is good. Finally I can have some staying power and engage in some epic firefight action...except the shells troll like mad, dds are invisible and aircraft fight sux.

Even if I line up the perfect shot, which I can tell because all shells impact around the center of the enemy's ship and the shells land on both sides, way, WAAAY too often you just get trolled and now you got a 30 sec reload...2 hits, 1000 damage (1 shell bounced off). I don't know what I was expecting, it's like WOT but with 12 guns and firing at 20 times the distance. So many times I see the salvo approach, I get excited because the shot was accurate and then...nothing. The best way to turn off a player. At least 1 in 5 salvos are like this.

Air to air sucks and if your CV loses then you get torped to the bottom of the sea and there's absolutely nothing I can do about that unless I'm the CV...except even if I'm the CV it still comes down to RNG (especially at lvl 4-5 that is just pure RNG and pure frustration for 2 tiers, no thanks) as some guy on youtube explained. And then let's not talk about 'what if the CV sux and  loses his fighters' because that's just 1 person ruining the entire team's game. 

And DD torps man...I understand that DDs beat BBs and that they are sneaky and yes you can beat them, but last game I had torps coming literally out of nowhere, not even a smokescreen, just plain open sea and suddenly torps. There's absolutely no excuse for that, none. Even though on ship terms it's a small ship, IT'S STILL A F***ING SHIP! It's not that hard to notice at open sea in clear weather.

Also, everyone plays BB so DDs are having the time of their lives. I have no cruisers to support me against them so they just swim circles around me and do what the hell they want. Even if I hit them with a salvo (which is insanely hard if they are actively maneuvering against it, also, remember the troll shells?) they will live, and they get to farm medals on me and then just drop a smokescreen like some ninja and disappear. The only thing that works against that is cruisers and teamwork and by now I learned that both of those are missing.

All this while working through the standard WG grind and having to play ships that suck.

So yeah, the game is frustrating, uninstalled. 

Yes I'm sure there's people at this game that are amazing and I had some good games myself, but I'm not going to believe that they aren't getting trolled all the time. There's waaay too much RNG and too many things I can't control and problems I don't have tools to work against (DDs, torp bombers). 

'why did you post this?'

Maybe someone at WG cares. Also I wanted to vent because I spent money on the game and now I'm regretting it.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 4

Players
136 posts
3,209 battles
17 minutes ago, SirLloydHigginsBoomBoom said:

So many times I see the salvo approach, I get excited because the shot was accurate and then...nothing

Cruiser guns are more accurate than battleship ones and reload faster, so maybe a cruiser would fit you better.

Air to air sucks and if your CV loses then you get torped to the bottom of the sea and there's absolutely nothing I can do about that

Cruisers have acces do defensive AA which in a lot of cases prevents you from getting torped to the bottom of the sea

(though you may still be attacked), so maybe a cruiser would fit you better.

I have no cruisers to support me against them so they just swim circles around me and do what the hell they want

Well, if you are in a cruiser yourself that would not be a problem anymore?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[ITA_C]
Players
198 posts
6,199 battles

You haven't understood nothing about this game now you can spend some time and learn something or you can leave if you wish to learn you can ask here and people will wipe off your doubts if not bye bye

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles

292 battles and already mechanic expert.

Ill leave him seal, rant approved.

seal.png.463210ab226131dfaf42a9e09d2f91c6.png

• Cool 7
  • Funny 7

[SNUBS]
Players
1,230 posts
6,341 battles
2 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

292 battles and already mechanic expert.

Ill leave him seal, rant approved.

They grow up so fast! sniff

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

[VAR]
Players
599 posts
7,672 battles
1 hour ago, SirLloydHigginsBoomBoom said:

So yeah, bla bla bla, uninstalled. 

:etc_red_button:         Good for you ... 

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,226 posts
5,868 battles

*Implying he knows what he's talking about*......lel....are we supposed to care or something?

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles

You barely started, look at some TY vids, learn the mechanics and meta a bit, if you ask nicely here people will happily help if you rant you'll ger dev striked :Smile_smile:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles
1 hour ago, SirLloydHigginsBoomBoom said:

except the shells troll like mad, dds are invisible and aircraft fight sux.

So this in combination with your 290 games - let me guess, you played nothing but BBs and just got out of newbie protection, met people who have played a few battles more than you and got a boot shoved up where the sun doesn't shine?

Is there even a point to read it any further? :fish_palm:

Basically you are new and clueless - that's your problem. You're uninstalling? Good, I'm happy about it. You clearly don't want to learn, and we already have more than enough clueless potatoes at high tiers refusing to learn the simplest things like using WASD keys. Quit while you're new, don't ruin the game for thousands upon thousands of players.

• Cool 3

[PONY]
[PONY]
Beta Tester
3,978 posts
6,734 battles
4 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Is there even a point to read it any further? :fish_palm:

Nope

Players
2,182 posts
13,957 battles
6 hours ago, SirLloydHigginsBoomBoom said:

...last game I had torps coming literally out of nowhere, not even a smokescreen, just plain open sea and suddenly torps. There's absolutely no excuse for that, none...

You are correct, but probably not for the reasons you think.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[PUPSI]
Players
5,872 posts
Vor 6 Stunden, SirLloydHigginsBoomBoom sagte:

There's absolutely no excuse for that, none.

you are right! There is absolutely no excuse for your refusal of learning basic game mechanics, none! (+!!!!!!!!!!!)

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[OGHF]
Players
528 posts
10,130 battles

Don’t forget to shut the door on your way out :cap_fainting:

Or to be more helpful, watch some vids, hang back a bit, chat with team mates and go with them rather than wandering off on your own.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
6,944 posts
9,129 battles

Look at me, I'm a big bad battleship. I'm the queen of the seas.

What's that, a destroyer? How dare you attack me, I'm a battleship, your superiour. Bow before me!

What's that, cruisers not doing what I want? I'm a battleship, do as I say!

What's that, game mechanics that I don't understand? I'm a battleship, work as I want them to or I uninstall!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1

Players
289 posts
812 battles

take a break and learn the game, i don't get the stats i've got due to whinging and hoping the devs will balance the game around me, i decided to learn the game (still got a lot of that to do) and use that knowledge to the best of my ability.

get vigilance if torpedoes are getting you too much, but then i doubt you pay much attention to your minimap and also whether your detected or not.

• Cool 2

Players
761 posts
6,661 battles
6 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Basically you are new and clueless - that's your problem. You're uninstalling? Good, I'm happy about it. You clearly don't want to learn, and we already have more than enough clueless potatoes at high tiers refusing to learn the simplest things like using WASD keys. Quit while you're new, don't ruin the game for thousands upon thousands of players.

There's classy.

8 hours ago, SirLloydHigginsBoomBoom said:

Even if I line up the perfect shot, which I can tell because all shells impact around the center of the enemy's ship and the shells land on both sides, way, WAAAY too often you just get trolled and now you got a 30 sec reload.

Patience. BBs are very inaccurate at lower levels and mid-range. Play accordingly. I took my South Carolina out for a spin last night and it wasn't really aiming as much as "in the general direction". Alarming after playing Tier VI and VII! But you can adjust. You know you've got a 30 second reload, so don't fire all your turrets at once. 2 turrets every 15 seconds is plenty to keep the other team jumping. Work out the pattern of each ship's shell dispersion and aim a little bit up or down to suit. . And if you can't do that, play a cruiser and don't fire salvos.... fire a stream of single shells (hold down the mouse button) and you can correct your fire as you go. Even incompetents (me) can do that.

[BS4]
Players
672 posts
4,912 battles

Op don't give up so soon this game takes time to master. There is a lot of things to learn and understand, like how torps behave for instance? If not all ready look here:https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/guides/

There is a wealth of information here at your disposal that WG have given to help people like yourself understand the basic mechanics of the game. Also if you look up on you Tube for beginners on WOWS you will find plenty also. If you ignore this and go in white as the driven snow you will experience what you are experiencing. Simple as that.

You have only played 292 games. That's a drop in the ocean.

Be patient.

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,191 posts
3,153 battles

Having 290 games, being a newbie would be pardonable, and people would encourage you to stay and could give you advice... 

But no. You come in here write an epic rant because you aren't immediately good at the game and you throw a temper tantrum. So basically your behaviour is bad and we're glad to see you go. 

Beta Tester
766 posts
4,327 battles

Too bad OP, you shouldn’t have spent money so readily, nor should you believe that “someone at WG cares”. Sure they care as a matter of principle, but to you on forums? No, not really.

Now either like the game or figure out carefully why you dislike it so you can make a more compelling argument.

• Boring 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles

crap this is bannable, better to edit. XD

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles
1 hour ago, BrigadierRosen said:

or the south carolina.

What?

Don't you recognize the sound of chronical "Everything-to-me-now-already-withouth-slightest-effort-silver-spoon-up-the-butt" syndrome?

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this