Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nickk99

Account Wipe

25 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
4,041 battles

I pay real money for my premium ships and 10 point commanders to come with them so why is it that when i wipe my account i do not keep these 10 point commanders? wg explain??

• Funny 4

[SCRUB]
Players
6,933 posts
9,129 battles

My first guess would be because you wiped your account? Kinda implies that you, you know ... wipe everything on your account. Unless of course there's an error in translation.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[XODUS]
Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

Did the wipe not come with a warning?

Why didn't you just create a new account? Were you hoping to start from scratch with 10 point captains to help your stats?

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,620 posts
9,127 battles

I am actually baffled here, because on one hand I think I understand what an account wipe is, but then again I simply dont understand ...... like WHY for example and this leads me to believe I extrapolate from a ill conceived basis. 

So can anyone

8 minutes ago, Nickk99 said:

explain??

this to me while we have this thread at hand anyway. 

• Cool 2

[HMSR]
Players
1,639 posts
5,871 battles

A account wipe is not a stat wipe/reset, witch is what i think OP wanted to do :Smile_Default:

(correct me if im wrong) 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[XODUS]
Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
13 minutes ago, havaduck said:

I am actually baffled here, because on one hand I think I understand what an account wipe is, but then again I simply dont understand ...... like WHY for example and this leads me to believe I extrapolate from a ill conceived basis. 

So can anyone

this to me while we have this thread at hand anyway. 

+2 for this.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

so OP was: "delete my account"

and now is: "why did you delete my account?"

a1a.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

Players
3,453 posts
7,229 battles

Thinking outside of the box, perhaps the OP wanted his stats reset but ended up having the account deleted instead.  Maybe some kind of language/communication failure?

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,414 posts
8,417 battles

a simple google will return this, maybe you should have done a little research before asking for a wipe?

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/articles/1/

If you would like to reset your game account, the following will be erased:

• All purchases done with credits (tech tree vehicles, modules, etc).
  • All research performed in the Tech tree.
  • All the statistical data of the account (Kill ratio, damage ratio, etc).
  • All the crew members.
  • All experience (including Free EXP) and credits.
  • All mission progress including reward tanks from the Personal Missions.
  • All non-premium camouflages.
  • Camouflages for non-premium tanks.
  • Premium camouflages for premium vehicles that aren't currently selected.
  • Bonds from ranked battles.

The following will remain on the game account:

• The current amount of gold you have in the account.
  • Premium days you may have left.
  • Garage/port slots.
  • Premium shells.
  • Premium vehicles.
  • Barracks slots (when applicable).
  • Premium camouflages selected on premium vehicles.
  • Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,448 posts
7,791 battles

Isn't an account wipe required if your account gets permanently banned and you want to have it reinstated? Everything is wiped except for premium ships.

I could be wrong though.

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles
14 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Isn't an account wipe required if your account gets permanently banned and you want to have it reinstated? Everything is wiped except for premium ships.

I could be wrong though.

It is one option, the other one is permanently locking the account. I wouldn't jump to conclusions though. 

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles

If I was wargaming, i would apologize for this mistake and I would have sent you commanders on email.

Cheers

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,550 posts
5,519 battles

If its the high school fleet ones then yes I would contact support regarding them, since they were purchased with real money

Players
380 posts

Ah, thanks Salentine. I thought an account wipe would be everything, so I was puzzled. But as you'd keep the Premium ships (if Warships rules are the same as Tanks) I think the OP is arguing that he expected to keep the 10-point commanders because having them, rather than a 6-point commander or no commander, was part of what he paid for when buying a more expensive bundle? And I think you could argue they represent part of the extra cost, though I also think you could argue that if he has had his account wiped then he should, at most, get fresh 10-point commanders (which is what he arguably paid for) rather than keeping the existing ones and the progress they've made. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,872 posts

I need to admit I don't share this flood of optimism when it comes to OP posting reply / explanation. :Smile_teethhappy:

[XODUS]
Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
10 hours ago, Johmie said:

Ah, thanks Salentine. I thought an account wipe would be everything, so I was puzzled. But as you'd keep the Premium ships (if Warships rules are the same as Tanks) I think the OP is arguing that he expected to keep the 10-point commanders because having them, rather than a 6-point commander or no commander, was part of what he paid for when buying a more expensive bundle? And I think you could argue they represent part of the extra cost, though I also think you could argue that if he has had his account wiped then he should, at most, get fresh 10-point commanders (which is what he arguably paid for) rather than keeping the existing ones and the progress they've made. 

This is a good point. I have bought at least two bundles at extra cost to get the 10 point commanders. Those should be kept after a wipe in such case as they were paid for with real money.

[RNG4]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
3 hours ago, Yogibjoern said:

Not to mention all those commanders bought for 25 doubloons lol.

You don't buy the commanders for 25 doubloons, though. You just accelerate their training.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,414 posts
8,417 battles

i think the point WG is trying to make, is when you reset your account you'll get protected MM for your first battles, so having a 10 or more point commander will give you an advantage vs the newbies...

[CHAOS]
Players
2,258 posts
10,338 battles

Natural selection... we need you again... :cap_fainting:

sincerely,

The 21st century

• Funny 1

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles
1 hour ago, Tungstonid said:

You don't buy the commanders for 25 doubloons, though. You just accelerate their training.

Still real money invested.. But why reset your account in the first place?? It don't make sense.

[RNG4]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 minute ago, Yogibjoern said:

Still real money invested.. But why reset your account in the first place?? It don't make sense.

You also (potentially) invest real money when converting free exp or getting credits but it is deleted nontheless. It is something you can do but you don't need to because you can get 3 skill points, free exp and credits rather easily, while you have to be extremely lucky to get, say, premium ships for free so they are bought in the overwhelming number of cases.

An account can have different reasons. Delete old stats so you can show off with your e-peen, bypass a permanent ban, a new grinding challenge... whatever players hope to achieve by it.

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

I thought perma ban meant all investments lost no matter how many money you had invested... Okay learned something new, thanks.

Sign in to follow this