You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Appadang

Insert insult towards cruisers who use AA Consum. here

50 comments in this topic

[KV]
Alpha Tester
30 posts
2,547 battles

How come EVERY CRUISER - INLCUDING GERMANS - use Anti-aircraft consumable when they FULLY KNOW that because of Wargamings intelligence when it comes to balance - There are NO CV'S farting around UNLESS YOU PLAY TIER 4-6 ?

High level cruisers (7-10) HAVE NO FLIPPING IDEA on how to hydro - YES, SOME cruisers use radar - but WHY THE EFF are noone using hydro and FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF kill those FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF destroyers so our battleships can advance? (PS: Battleships ! STOP FISHING!)

Either REMOVE the ANTI-AIR consumable at tier 7-10 or FFFFFFFFFF LEARN TO EFFINGS HYDRO OR HUNT TO FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Destroyers !!!!!

Also - Carriers - keep up the amazings :) atleast THEY KNOW how to scout and kill stuff.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 11
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 8
  • Angry 2

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
2 minutes ago, Appadang said:

How come EVERY CRUISER - INLCUDING GERMANS - use Anti-aircraft consumable when they FULLY KNOW that because of Wargamings intelligence when it comes to balance - There are NO CV'S farting around UNLESS YOU PLAY TIER 4-6 ?

Because it's not true that there are no CVs at high tiers and it's better to get caught without Hydro in a game that doesn't have a CV than getting caught without AA consumable in a match that happens to have a carrier.

• Cool 17

[SCRUB]
Players
1,874 posts
12 minutes ago, Appadang said:

(...)

Also - Carriers - keep up the amazings :) atleast THEY KNOW how to scout and kill stuff.

Competent CV players? Really?

Yes there are few, but chance to come across one is astronomical given how often you meet CVs.

Players
90 posts
3,703 battles

Ok so from my magical mind powers here, you were in a game with your Yamato (In which you have only played 21 games in IJN T8-T9 BB's :cap_yes:) and got torpedoed because you were straight sailing for 2+ mins.

No offense caused here but this is a solo-game if you aren't in a division which you communicate with team-mates you won't have team players, it's as simple as that. If you're struggling i'd suggest watching a few of the community contributors videos in which they show you how to play a certain class of ship.

[CATS]
Players
13,676 posts
10,389 battles
  • There are enough CV out there that warrant to use the AA consumable and any BB near that cruiser will be thankful in that case
  • And still there are enough cruiser out there who do not use the consumable (because they do not have it or feel save enough without it)

If you want to feel save, stay near UK cruisers. They have hydro and have to go closer to the enemy than other cruisers. Or just ask your cruiser players in the match...

• Cool 1

[TENGO]
Players
1,482 posts
8,221 battles
43 minutes ago, Appadang said:

High level cruisers (7-10) HAVE NO FLIPPING IDEA on how to hydro - YES, SOME cruisers use radar - but WHY THE EFF are noone using hydro and FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF kill those FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF destroyers so our battleships can advance? (PS: Battleships ! STOP FISHING!)

Either REMOVE the ANTI-AIR consumable at tier 7-10 or FFFFFFFFFF LEARN TO EFFINGS HYDRO OR HUNT TO FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Destroyers !!!!!

wtf

ok. I see your highest tier cruisers are Eugen & Atago, Atago being the most played by far (50 games)

You're telling me that you take hydro on the Atago (or Eugen or whatever cruiser)? Cause every enemy CV who notices that will have a field day with you. I'll give it happening two or three times and you will never leave without defAA again.

• Funny 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,194 battles

Yeah, Defensive fire consumable should be removed. I wish everyone who uses it gets insta banned.

Anyhow. I avoid cruisers which has high AA like Cleveland, Atlanta, Des moines, etc. Also if I have to attack a cruiser I pay close attention to the use of defensive fire (when planes enter into panic) and if there is one active I abort the attack and retreat the planes and attack 50 seconds later. But still it's annoying as hell. Most of the times I attack the same cruiser for being such a birch to use the consumable (unless he retreated with other ships or something like that)

• Cool 1

[CHAOS]
Players
2,258 posts
10,347 battles
Vor 54 Minuten, Appadang sagte:

Hey fellow "Alpha Tester", this video will explain everything:

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
6,944 posts
9,129 battles

I used to slot hydro on my german cruisers, but I switched back to DFAA.

And surprisingly I actually get a lot of CV games, particularily in the tier IX-X bracket. My best guess would be that a lot of people are playing their hightier CVs to get the insignia.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,150 battles

A cruisers' role is air defense, not inconveniencing DDs. That's the job of the CV.

Also if you remove DFAA at high tiers T10 cruisers are [edited] because lol AP bombs.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts

If they would allow cruisers to mount Defensive AA AND Hydro at the same time in different slots then it would benefit cruisers a fair bit, wishful thinking of course as WG doesn't have much regard for cruisers. Plus Defensive AA has a simple counter as @Sargento_YO said a CV driver with any skill will just wait which makes a mockery of some of the CV apologists arguments about how weak they are.

As @El2aZeR just posted Def AA is vital to stand a chance of surviving AP bombings by US CV's, but it's a slim chance as deletion by AP bombs is a very real risk even on ship like Des Moines.

To the OP, you do realise that Hydro has:-

Limited range

Limited duration

Longish cooldown

If you honestly expect cruisers to be your bodyguard while you sail around in Yamato with 26km gun range (+20% with spotter up) then you're deranged.

• Cool 2

[CSF]
Players
467 posts
4,605 battles

Do you really want to know why every cruiser is using it? Because it is stock.

Imagine that the hydro would be stock consumable... Oh the glory for CVs...

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,998 battles

-Was about to post a sort of constructive answer.

-Checks date.

-Laughs.

-Rereads the post.

-Checks the OP's other content.

-Confused.

• Funny 1

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
208 posts
4,877 battles
2 hours ago, Appadang said:

How come EVERY CRUISER - INLCUDING GERMANS - use Anti-aircraft consumable...

Somewhere, at some time, another BB captain asked the same thing about hydroacoustic search.

[-DSA-]
Players
2,657 posts
7,832 battles
49 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

Yeah, Defensive fire consumable should be removed. I wish everyone who uses it gets insta banned.

...says the player who has 52% of his battles on CVs with a 72% winrate.

Play more sealclubber Zuiho, there is no DefAAA on Tier V.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,150 battles
27 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

a CV driver with any skill will just wait which makes a mockery of some of the CV apologists arguments about how weak they are.

I would just like to note that you can also just wait until the enemy has closed to ~3km before you activate DFAA. If you run premium consumables and force it on cd after you killed all planes you'll easily have another charge ready by the time the CV returns.

Too often do I see idiots wasting their DFAA as soon as I enter their bubble, as if they actually believe I will not simply turn around and leave then.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,191 posts
3,153 battles
12 minutes ago, Oely001 said:

Error 404: Sarcasm detection not found.

• Cool 1

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,652 posts
14,546 battles

I usually ask who has AAA consumables, stick near them and protect them to the best of my abilities..... Hats off to the Cruisers that DO take AAA saved my arse more than once ;)

[8BIT]
[8BIT]
Players
95 posts

I am one of the Players who have Fully configured AA Cruisers, I sacrificed lovely Cpt skills for BFT AFT . I think of what selfish skills I could have spent the 10pts on that would benefit me more than my team, because you got sod all xp for shooting planes down!

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
29 posts
15,740 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, Appadang sagte:

There are NO CV'S farting around UNLESS YOU PLAY TIER 4-6 ?

i must have a streak then. sometimes it happens there is always a cv ingame when i play.

Players
3,455 posts
7,229 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

A cruisers' role is air defense

Problem is that most cruisers are pretty :etc_swear: at it.

• Cool 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,194 battles
2 hours ago, Oely001 said:

Lol, yeah, I'm inserting the insult as requested for the OP.

Go back to Centauri prime!

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
4 hours ago, Appadang said:

Dear god this game is full of xx%#!+