Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nautical_Metaphor

Division Anchoring: Yuro presents a cool way to get around sucky matchmaking

8 comments in this topic

[HAERT]
Players
2,037 posts
22 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Which was discussed on the Forum over a year ago...

Old news.

Old news yes, but also not countered in that time by game rules or mechanics.

[CATS]
Players
13,663 posts
10,389 battles

Because it is not necessary. It is no disadvantage in that match for anyone. The MM you get is possible without the division.

You just change the average MM for your division and any CV player who encounters such division.

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,552 posts
5,519 battles

The 788 CAN get into tier X games, if the MM finds another 78 of 788 cv division to match it with. This means the more people try using this exploit the more people who are just going to take a tier 7 cv into a tier X game.

Secondly, it doesn't guarantee the 8's as top tier. It can still put you into a tier 9 game, and some of the AA at tier 9 is fierce. Baltimore/neptune/Iowa/Missouri dont care about saipans.

You can actually do worse with a 777 game -saipan atlanta and flint is horrible amount of AA and can have tier 5 opponents who dont have any AA

Players
730 posts
11,514 battles

Apart from being old news, what Xevious_Red said:

20 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

The 788 CAN get into tier X games, if the MM finds another 78 of 788 cv division to match it with. This means the more people try using this exploit the more people who are just going to take a tier 7 cv into a tier X game.

This kind of "anchoring" (using Yuro's words) is, as far as I've witnessed, more common in the T5 CV + T6 ship/s form, thus abling the carrier to end up in a T8 battle. It's also used sporadically with T8-9 CVs + T9-10 ship/s (no visual proof for this though) for plane farming and avoid encountering T10 CVs. Basically, the single tier spread for divisions (i.e., all ships from same tier) is the only way for getting rid of the "anchoring" effect and its derivatives. I seldom play in division and when I do, which normally implies not being in a CV, I stick to the "same tier" logic when choosing the ship. The only case I can remember of not applying it was long ago, before the IJN split, when a "newbier" asked me for advice, so we both sailed in DDs.

Salute.

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles

So if team get 788 its not ok... but if matchmaking put tripple tier 8 vs triple tier 10 divison its ok.

Forumites you have serious problem with logic.

Beta Tester
297 posts
11,513 battles

If this becomes too popular it will solve itself, sort of. Like if two or more of these divisions are in que at the same time, these T7 carriers will be pulled into T10 games.

Sign in to follow this