You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
utg001

I am sick of Saipan

50 comments in this topic

[-CIA-]
Players
50 posts
8,390 battles

I'm don't normally rant out, but WG had it coming.

What the @#$% is wrong with you? You think Saipan is "Balanced? In hands of even a semi good player Saipan Shits on every other CV. Basically you're saying "sucks that you didn't pay us doubloons for Saipan, now you're loosing this battle. I don't care whether our team wins a battle or not, but air battles with an AS Saipan is absolute crap. Oh I see you have two fighters, would be shame if Saipan could just strafe and strafe and strafe without even loosing a plane. Oh I see if you're trying to send out CV strike on the corner of map because all other ships are clumped up, would be a shame if Saipan's 3rd fighter just zoomed at your position. Basically Saipan is a bully and what you're saying is that against an average Saipan you have to be very good, but against a competent Saipan well good luck to you.

And WOWS community, I'm not happy with you either, basically its players saying that well if you cannot handle Saipan you shouldn't play CVs. Well, I'll try to explain one last time here: I have 58% WR in Ranger and 66% WR in Hiryu, against a competent Ranger/Hiryu captain I would love to loose that battle if it means that I would give him a tough time. Against a competent Saipan Captain when he would just roflstomp my planes that would leave me powerless. So there, I said it, Saipan is the most disgustingly overpowered ship in the game, it should be removed altogether or at least re-balanced.

Thankyou for those who read this all, I know this is just going to be deleted, riddled with insults, or suggestions "GIT GUD". WG I cannot buy Saipan, even if I could that would mean I would be just CV sniping every game successfully. UNFUCK THIS SHIP!

• Cool 5

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
3 minutes ago, utg001 said:

I'm don't normally rant out, but WG had it coming.

What the @#$% is wrong with you? You think Saipan is "Balanced? In hands of even a semi good player Saipan Shits on every other CV. Basically you're saying "sucks that you didn't pay us doubloons for Saipan, now you're loosing this battle. I don't care whether our team wins a battle or not, but air battles with an AS Saipan is absolute crap. Oh I see you have two fighters, would be shame if Saipan could just strafe and strafe and strafe without even loosing a plane. Oh I see if you're trying to send out CV strike on the corner of map because all other ships are clumped up, would be a shame if Saipan's 3rd fighter just zoomed at your position. Basically Saipan is a bully and what you're saying is that against an average Saipan you have to be very good, but against a competent Saipan well good luck to you.

And WOWS community, I'm not happy with you either, basically its players saying that well if you cannot handle Saipan you shouldn't play CVs. Well, I'll try to explain one last time here: I have 58% WR in Ranger and 66% WR in Hiryu, against a competent Ranger/Hiryu captain I would love to loose that battle if it means that I would give him a tough time. Against a competent Saipan Captain when he would just roflstomp my planes that would leave me powerless. So there, I said it, Saipan is the most disgustingly overpowered ship in the game, it should be removed altogether or at least re-balanced.

Thankyou for those who read this all, I know this is just going to be deleted, riddled with insults, or suggestions "GIT GUD". WG I cannot buy Saipan, even if I could that would mean I would be just CV sniping every game successfully. UNFUCK THIS SHIP!

Is this 1 April post? It is so meh it must been 1 April.....right?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
Just now, ThisIsAReroll said:

Yeah, they should honestly just delete Saipan. It was a huge mistake to make. 

Well not gona happen. Same as they will not delete braindead peoples from this game. 

• Funny 1

Players
40 posts

Saipan is probably the only playable and enjoyable US carrier in game now, with the huge nerf coming to midway. So leave her alone. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[OSC]
Players
2,728 posts
10,052 battles
1 hour ago, utg001 said:

And WOWS community, I'm not happy with you either, basically its players saying that well if you cannot handle Saipan you shouldn't play CVs.

Strangely enough, most of good CV players, including myself always said Saipan is OP.
So I'm not sure where did you find that part of WOWS community.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
42 minutes ago, operationalpha said:

Saipan is probably the only playable and enjoyable US carrier in game now, with the huge nerf coming to midway. So leave her alone. 

Big E?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,505 posts
6,358 battles

How I've explained Saipan to newer players - with the slightest clue of what to do you'll perform good in the Saipan, if you have more than that - your enemy will have to be REALLY good to deal with you.

Ship's stupid, but it's a premium so #they're_not_going_to_nerf_it

[B0TS]
Players
334 posts
9,138 battles

here is my advice to you , i dont know witch CV line you are grinding but since midway is OP now i would assume you are grinding Ranger . i advice you to go to tier8 as soon as you  can . if you are new CV player you can not fight saipan in any other CV .

what you can do is go to tier10 , get the midway ,,, get more experience with CVs , be better . and when you decice to grindthe other line and you get the hiryu . trust me you will out perform the saipan .

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
59 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

here is my advice to you , i dont know witch CV line you are grinding but since midway is OP now i would assume you are grinding Ranger . i advice you to go to tier8 as soon as you  can . if you are new CV player you can not fight saipan in any other CV .

what you can do is go to tier10 , get the midway ,,, get more experience with CVs , be better . and when you decice to grindthe other line and you get the hiryu . trust me you will out perform the saipan .

Mid is geting new nerf. IJN is nerfbat more friendly :)

[-CIA-]
Players
50 posts
8,390 battles
On 01/04/2018 at 4:44 PM, wot_chikor said:

I have the Midway, grinding out Taiho in Shokaku now, but I'm literally on edge to buy the perma camo for Hiryu because I love that ship. I have Grinded out Ranger as well and I can tell you that it doesn't matter if I'm in Ranger or Hiryu, it doesn't matter if enemy is in Ranger/Hiryu/Kaga, if my enemy is competent I'm going to enjoy the battle because it gives me some work to win the battle, most of the Saipan captains I've faced just click my fighters and that is not a ship problem, that is player skill problem so I can beat them easily. The problem comes when a semi competent Saipan captain comes along and just laughs and laughs all game. 

When you play against a Saipan (if you're any good) you'll quickly figure out that if YOU had Saipan then you will just demolish other CVs planes. That is not balance! This means that even when a potato Saipan comes along the game is really bad because I can just roflstomp him. However if Saipan captain has just enough skill, he can leave me no choice. The difference between average Saipan captain and competent captain is too large.

• Cool 2

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,190 posts
8,631 battles
On 01/04/2018 at 10:16 AM, ThisIsAReroll said:

Yeah, they should honestly just delete Saipan. It was a huge mistake to make. 

I propose another idea, but maintaining the same methodology as you. I propose they delete the account of whomever complains about the saipan. This way it wont be a problem to them anymore and pleases everyone, the complainants, the saipan owners and all those people who simply don't give a %^&*, like me

Players
777 posts
6,829 battles

Just removing that not losing plane while exit-strafing wouldn't technically be a nerf, would it?

Ship stats would remain as before, just that weird exception of not applying a game mechanic to it would be removed.

Just do it.

Players
144 posts
1,756 battles
3 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

I propose another idea, but maintaining the same methodology as you. I propose they delete the account of whomever complains about the saipan. This way it wont be a problem to them anymore and pleases everyone, the complainants, the saipan owners and all those people who simply don't give a %^&*, like me

Yeah, until you realise that I'm right and you're wrong.

Beta Tester
130 posts
10,824 battles
On 4/1/2018 at 12:18 PM, 15JG52Adler said:

Well not gona happen. Same as they will not delete braindead peoples from this game. 

or re-rollers who imagine that they are anything else than stat fags

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
130 posts
10,824 battles
5 minutes ago, ThisIsAReroll said:

considering your 130 battles u really know nothing

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,190 posts
8,631 battles
40 minutes ago, ThisIsAReroll said:

experts come in all shapes and sizes, just not in yours specifically

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,647 posts
13,071 battles

Saipan has her counters, but they're notoriously unreliable because of the :etc_swear: UI.

If they'd simply fix the UI Saipan would be fine.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,333 posts
12,564 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Saipan has her counters, but they're notoriously unreliable because of the :etc_swear: UI.

If they'd simply fix the UI Saipan would be fine.

Belfast also has her counters. Does not make her fine. Still OP. 

The no penalty strafing from Saipans is just cancer imo. 

• Cool 2

Players
559 posts

utg001, I agree.

Every time I see a battle loading screen with a Saipan on one team and a Ranger on the other I sigh. Because I can predict the outcome of the battle with a 70% accuracy.

It's similar to seeing a Nikolai on one team and a Myogi on the other, especially if the Nikolai has the cheating (can't see the smoke speed) Halloween camo.

Or a Giulio Cesare vs New York

Or a Belfast vs Pepsi

It's a game balancing, pay to win joke that they're nerfing Midway with its' 51% win rate vs Hakuryu 49.4% win rate (Warships Today NA last 14 days).

Whilst leaving Saipan alone: 60.3% win rate vs Ranger at 46.2%.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,647 posts
13,071 battles
44 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Belfast also has her counters. Does not make her fine. Still OP.

Belfast counters are rare at her tier, any CV can counter a Saipan trying to abuse strafing mechanics.

Ranger is an entirely different issue (as are Lexington and Essex). Unless you take the nerfhammer to the Saipan really, REALLY hard Ranger will never be equal to Saipan. The standard of CV balance have always been IJN CVs.

Not saying that Saipan shouldn't get nerfed, but the nerf doesn't have to be as harsh as many people are demanding. Fixing the UI alone would hit Saipan tremendously hard as counterstrafing and strafe dodging will (hopefully) become 100% reliable.

Beyond being able to strafe out for free Saipan doesn't have a lot going for her, before strafing out was a thing Saipan could easily get murdered by Hiryu.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,333 posts
12,564 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Belfast counters are rare at her tier, any CV can counter a Saipan trying to abuse strafing mechanics.

Ranger is an entirely different issue (as are Lexington and Essex). Unless you take the nerfhammer to the Saipan really, REALLY hard Ranger will never be equal to Saipan. The standard of CV balance have always been IJN CVs.

Not saying that Saipan shouldn't get nerfed, but the nerf doesn't have to be as harsh as many people are demanding. Fixing the UI alone would hit Saipan tremendously hard as counterstrafing and strafe dodging will (hopefully) become 100% reliable.

Beyond being able to strafe out for free Saipan doesn't have a lot going for her, before strafing out was a thing Saipan could easily get murdered by Hiryu.

Spotterplanes are not rare at all. Best counter to the Belfast. 

I was not saying Saipan should get nerfed to ruins. But tweeks to her (and Belfast) are very much needed. 

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,647 posts
13,071 battles
3 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Spotterplanes are not rare at all. Best counter to the Belfast. 

I regard spotters as a fairly soft counter to RN CLs as moving around in your smoke will defeat it unless you draw the anger of RNGesus upon you.

True counters in my book are radar and (if you catch her alone) high tier CVs. Neither is particularly prevalent in T7.

Personally I'd favor making strafing out deal no damage as a nerf to the Saipan. As for Belfast, putting radar and hydro in one slot should do the trick.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,505 posts
6,358 battles
8 hours ago, jss78 said:

Just removing that not losing plane while exit-strafing wouldn't technically be a nerf, would it?

Now - yes it would be

Originally when such mechanic was introduced for all CVs - no it wouldn't have been

Saipan just should have got it from the start and it would have been fine