Atorpad

does manual selecting a target for secondary battery increase its dpm ?

9 comments in this topic

Question

[IRAN]
Players
367 posts
7,028 battles

As much as i know selecting an air target by ctrl+click ing on it increases the dps by 30%. does manual selecting a target for secondary battery increase its dpm ?

8 answers to this question

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,077 posts
3,751 battles

No, you just focus your secondaires who are able to shoot at it on one target (other will shoot something else except if you have MCAA).

Contrary to AA guns, DPM stays the same.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,505 posts
6,358 battles

It slightly increases your secondary accuracy (even without manual secondaries captain skill) + ensures that this ship will be the focused target for your secondaries.

[BYOB]
Players
2,674 posts
9,762 battles
8 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It slightly increases your secondary accuracy (even without manual secondaries captain skill) + ensures that this ship will be the focused target for your secondaries.

Source? Because the wiki says that manually selecting a target doesn't provide any bonuses, save for the targeting override.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,505 posts
6,358 battles
2 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Source? Because the wiki says that manually selecting a target doesn't provide any bonuses, save for the targeting override.

Wiki's useless, it generally either doesn't have any info or simply has it wrong. Everything else you also have in-game.

As for this thing in particular - doubt I can trace back 2...3 year old source, was often mentioned together with that AA DPS increase when you manually select aircraft squad (and even for that I've heard different numbers - 15 / 20 / 30 % - but maybe they changed bcuz WG changed, can't prove or disprove that).

Something around 5% accuracy increase if I remember correctly. Not much, but every extra hit counts.

[BYOB]
Players
2,674 posts
9,762 battles
7 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Wiki's useless, it generally either doesn't have any info or simply has it wrong. Everything else you also have in-game.

As for this thing in particular - doubt I can trace back 2...3 year old source, was often mentioned together with that AA DPS increase when you manually select aircraft squad (and even for that I've heard different numbers - 15 / 20 / 30 % - but maybe they changed bcuz WG changed, can't prove or disprove that).

Something around 5% accuracy increase if I remember correctly. Not much, but every extra hit counts.

Sorry, but that's even more unreliable than the wiki. Because at least the wiki has the targeting bonus to AA right (it's +30%).

• Cool 1

Players
204 posts
321 battles

It's just focus fire that reduces the  AA gun buble by 30%, that usually aims at random othervise. Thus selecting your targets gets you better results faster with that particular squadron/DD you aimed at. As far as bonus perks, only captain skills add to AA power and  manual fire control for AA only starts working if tou select your target yourself in first place.

• Bad 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,505 posts
6,358 battles
1 hour ago, nimlock said:

It's just focus fire that reduces the  AA gun buble by 30%, that usually aims at random othervise.

that's not how AA works

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,187 posts
10,969 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, nimlock sagte:

It's just focus fire that reduces the  AA gun buble by 30%, that usually aims at random othervise. Thus selecting your targets gets you better results faster with that particular squadron/DD you aimed at. As far as bonus perks, only captain skills add to AA power and  manual fire control for AA only starts working if tou selet your target yourself in first place.

I know it's 1.4. but this goes way too far :cap_wander: