Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
darkstar73

Monaghan get T8 torpedoes

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
580 posts
7,411 battles

Hello again Looks like the USS Monaghan will get several nice options. One of hem is that you can mount MK15mod3 torpedoes :) Nice :) 

 

https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/?hc_ref=ART3jYiX3glfnjSi6IHbEPJSigl4gA23oHIZeNS5-vhkHq-UB_LCOkm53DWLV1mG5hc&fref=nf

 

ST. American cruiser Monaghan, tier VI.

Defensive AA Fire consumabe is added to a separate slot, it has similar stats to that of Farragut's.

Alternative "Monaghan B" hull is added with 5-tube torpedo launchers. Mark15 mod.3 torpedo laucher module is also available for the new hull. Third and fourth gun turrets are replaced with Bofors Mk2 and Mk1 (quad and double). AA guns on the platform behind the 2nd funnel are replaced with Bofors Mk1 turrets.

The changes make this ship more unique compared to the Farragut destroyer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,160 posts
9,958 battles

The copied text is quite unreadable with this dark background :Smile_sad:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
2,722 posts
9,874 battles
1 hour ago, lup3s said:

The copied text is quite unreadable with this dark background :Smile_sad:

The WoWS forum is barely readable as it is. Whoever made the site put a premium on appearance and not on readability.

 

But back to the topic at hand.

Giving the ship a choice between 2 different hulls is interesting. Especially since the Monaghan had only 4 guns to start with, so the alternative hull will be an American Mutsuki with 2x127mm guns, good AA, and good torps.

Because of the choice between good torps and classic American DD playstyle the ship will be really offering something for the 16€ it will probably cost. But it will be all ahistorical, as the second hull is a complete WG invention. Also the B hull will be gunned down by every other DD at tier, so you won't be contesting caps with it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PIKAS]
Beta Tester
1,195 posts
5,521 battles
3 hours ago, lup3s said:

The copied text is quite unreadable with this dark background :Smile_sad:

scroll down to the bottom of this page.

klick "theme"

your choice should be "WoWs - Classic"

enjoy the Forum again

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,455 posts
7,229 battles
3 hours ago, Aragathor said:

the Monaghan had only 4 guns to start with, so the alternative hull will be an American Mutsuki with 2x127mm guns

Are you sure about that?  As built she had 5 guns so when they say that she loses turrets 3 & 4 I think they mean that she gets to keep 1,2 & 5.

 

Going down to 2 guns would leave her with 54,000 DPM, which  would be a bit rough, the IJN would be able to outgun her and the mk 15 mod 3 torpedoes aren't exactly world beaters either.  I'd say that a 3 x 1 config with 81,000 DPM would be closer to balanced for the tier.

 

Also, pentad launchers?  Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,205 posts
4,944 battles
43 minutes ago, stinkmorchel said:

scroll down to the bottom of this page.

klick "theme"

your choice should be "WoWs - Classic"

enjoy the Forum again

 

Thanks you for saving my eyesight! Which ever WG person decided that a dark theme with dark text was a good idea needs their head checking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
2,722 posts
9,874 battles
10 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Are you sure about that?  As built she had 5 guns so when they say that she loses turrets 3 & 4 I think they mean that she gets to keep 1,2 & 5.

 

Going down to 2 guns would leave her with 54,000 DPM, which  would be a bit rough, the IJN would be able to outgun her and the mk 15 mod 3 torpedoes aren't exactly world beaters either.  I'd say that a 3 x 1 config with 81,000 DPM would be closer to balanced for the tier.

 

Also, pentad launchers?  Why?

Yeah, checked the client with the extended tech tree mod. The Monaghan is the 1943 version, the one lost in the typhoon Cobra. That's the Farragut C hull with 4 guns.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,455 posts
7,229 battles
7 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Yeah, checked the client with the extended tech tree mod. The Monaghan is the 1943 version, the one lost in the typhoon Cobra. That's the Farragut C hull with 4 guns.

 

 

Taking a careful look at the picture that does seem to be the case, doesn't look very balanced to me though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×