You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
darkstar73

Awesome changes to Shimakaze and Prinz Eugen

89 comments in this topic

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
580 posts
7,404 battles

Hello guys, Finally the Shimakaze adn the Prinz Eugen gets much needed buffs :) 

Shimakaze´s concealment is redused to 5.47km(max concealment) Great change :) And the Prinz Eugen finally get repair :) 

Source; https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/?hc_ref=ARTLf8AVs5Tr0wg3LNSrmIkphtkZASZRDKoq0tvx3WtWmkFoFiNFwwxDapVQ_PtipOs&fref=nf

• Cool 13

[BFS]
Beta Tester
756 posts
4,577 battles

I presume ST means Systems Test - so the changes may not make it into the game 'as is'.

Beta Tester
3,624 posts
6,487 battles

ST = Supertest

you can find the same info here:

and you can discuss it here:

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

you should have put whole announcement here in quote

ST. Balance changes.

Japanese destroyer Shimakaze's base concealment improved to 7.11 km (instead of 7.56), while with all the modifiers the number is 5.47 km (instead of 5.9 km). This allows her to spot most of the rivals first at her battle tier.

German cruiser Admiral Hipper received faster base rudder shift (9.2 s instead of 10.7 s) and faster main battery reload (11.5 s instead of 13). Both are true for Hulls "B" and "C". Even though the cruiser has many unique aspects it didn't always show the desired effectiveness at her tier. Now the ship is a better match for her rivals.

German cruiser Prinz Eugen received the Repair Party consumable, similar in stats to that of Atago. The change increases average lifetime of the cruiser and makes her gameplay more unique, compared to that of Admiral Hipper.

American aircraft carrier Midway had her hangar limited to 96 planes instead of 136. The ship performed about equally to Hakuryu in shorter battles, but in longer ones the Japanese rival often had issues because of Midway's larger hangar.

British battleship Orion had her sigma value decreased to 1.6 from 1.8. This is due to ships heightened efficiency at her tier, especially in the hands of seasoned players.

to comment on these changes:

shima needed the buff, but idk how useful it is cause of planes (you are usually spotted on ~6km from planes), 6km german hydro and radars. so it is mostly only useful against other dd.

on randoms i quite liked the hipper. after yorck it felt like very strong ship and i enjoyed it a lot (i think i specially enjoy any ship after Edited one). with or without buff i dont see it useful for ranked and for CB it could be discussed.

eugen receiving heal is ok, but i think that all t8 ca should have it. but if it receives heals i hope they wont buff it with reload as they did with hipper.

midway is i wont comment since i didnt play it

orion was OP for its tier and nerf was due.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

• Cool 1

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
580 posts
7,404 battles
On 3/31/2018 at 1:18 PM, BrusilovX said:

I presume ST means Systems Test - so the changes may not make it into the game 'as is'.

Yes. Most likely those changes will be ingmae. More or less. But it´s great that something is done :) 

On 3/31/2018 at 1:40 PM, robihr said:

you should have put whole announcement here in quote

to comment on these changes:

shima needed the buff, but idk how useful it is cause of planes (you are usually spotted on ~6km from planes), 6km german hydro and radars. so it is mostly only useful against other dd.

on randoms i quite liked the hipper. after yorck it felt like very strong ship and i enjoyed it a lot (i think i specially enjoy any ship after Edited one). with or without buff i dont see it useful for ranked and for CB it could be discussed.

eugen receiving heal is ok, but i think that all t8 ca should have it. but if it receives heals i hope they wont buff it with reload as they did with hipper.

midway is i wont comment since i didnt play it

orion was OP for its tier and nerf was due.

Maybe i should

[UNICS]
Players
2,783 posts
11,545 battles

I like all the buffs, but the shima buff is huge - 430m in one go? ..and I'm slightly concerned about Gearing being powercreeped by yet another tier 10 dd, while Gearing itself sits in the bottom of WR among the dds. The possibility of catching a shima off guard has significantly decreased by this buff. I expect a small buff to Gearing too in a while after this has settled in a bit.

nvm, misread it

• Bad 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,026 posts

Shima concealment improvement - fair enough, through the silver line the other IJN DD's have superior concealment to go with their inferior guns, Shima's guns are inferior.

Prinz (and Hipper) currently suffers from a poor reload and very low damage for tier, the buff has been needed for a very long time, Hipper needs it too. The Atago heal is a nice and unexpected plus.

[SINT]
Players
269 posts
12,668 battles

If I understand well only the Hipper gets the reload and rudder buff while the PE “only” gets the heal. While a heal is nice i find the lack of DPM for the 2 ships the most frustrating. The 1,5 sec improved reload atleast makes the Hipper a promotion into the better half bracket of the 203 equipped cruisers.

If the dpm increase is only for Hipper then the Hipper remains the better ship of the two and there will be no incentive to buy the PE over the Hipper with perma camo.

Oh and a minute of silence in remembrance of the sealclubbing times in the Orion :(

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,788 battles

Shima concealment buff together with the nerf to aerial torpedo spotting should make a noticeable difference. I'm pretty exited.

As for Pudding...

DK8NG7MVoAAnVSd.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[FAIL]
[FAIL]
Beta Tester
217 posts
6,096 battles
25 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

Oh and a minute of silence in remembrance of the sealclubbing times in the Orion :(

Use Arkansas Beta, it's far more effective :P

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,159 posts
9,954 battles

Shima: I really welcome to stealth buff, even if it's only to 5.6/5.7 km.

PE: the added heal (and the increased DPM and mobility of the Hipper) would be good to have them at least somewhat different.

Orion: seems like my Nikolai will see battle again :cap_haloween:

[SOR]
Beta Tester
1,757 posts
6,352 battles
56 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Prinz (and Hipper) currently suffers from a poor reload and very low damage for tier, the buff has been needed for a very long time, Hipper needs it too. The Atago heal is a nice and unexpected plus.

I agree that hipper is the most competitive of the two, but Eugen with heal (and more base HP) its far more noob friendly and fitting of the premium title (considering all the wehraboo walletwarriors on EU). There is also a huge incentive to have PE over hipper since you dont need to retrain commanders for actual premium ships.

[CHAOS]
Players
2,255 posts
10,332 battles
Vor 42 Minuten, Jvd2000 sagte:

If I understand well only the Hipper gets the reload and rudder buff while the PE “only” gets the heal. While a heal is nice i find the lack of DPM for the 2 ships the most frustrating. The 1,5 sec improved reload atleast makes the Hipper a promotion into the better half bracket of the 203 equipped cruisers.

I agree, i would prefer the shorter reload over a heal tbh. The Hipper/Eugen already have decent armor and if you know how to angle and WASD.exe, you simply can dodge most shells thanks to their great mobility. The true issue with those ships always was DPM, especially when matched up against T10.

But at the end, we will see what will have the bigger impact ingame: Heal for Prinz Eugen or Reload buff for Admiral Hipper.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
1 hour ago, robihr said:

shima needed the buff, but idk how useful it is

Very.

Planes are always an issue, but your main concern when playing Shima was concealment on enemy DDs with MUCH superior guns. This is a huge buff for Shima that will help her tremendously (assuming a somewhat capable player at the helm).

• Cool 1

[XODUS]
Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
2 hours ago, darkstar73 said:

Hello guys, Finally the Shimakaze adn the Prinz Eugen gets much needed buffs :) 

Shimakaze´s concealment is redused to 5.47km(max concealment) Great change :) And the Prinz Eugen finally get repair :) 

Source; https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/?hc_ref=ARTLf8AVs5Tr0wg3LNSrmIkphtkZASZRDKoq0tvx3WtWmkFoFiNFwwxDapVQ_PtipOs&fref=nf

It's the torps that need a concealment buff not the ship. I have no problem with the Shima the way she is now, but reducing the detectability of her tops inline with other nations would be nice.

• Cool 1

Players
3,453 posts
7,229 battles

I'm not sure why Shima needs the buff, she's still pretty much the most played DD in the game and there's already a healthy enough T10 DD population, if anything I'd say the buffs are needed at lower tiers.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
620 posts
5,677 battles
1 hour ago, Jvd2000 said:

Now I can sell her, I was only keeping her around to play in boring clubbing games when my clanmates wanted to use Nikolai.

She was fun while it lasted though. 

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
1 hour ago, eliastion said:

Very.

Planes are always an issue, but your main concern when playing Shima was concealment on enemy DDs with MUCH superior guns. This is a huge buff for Shima that will help her tremendously (assuming a somewhat capable player at the helm).

i know it is useful against other dd. :Smile_Default: i was just secretly complaining about too much thing spotting dd in higher tier battles :Smile_teethhappy: but then again you have z52 and yueyang that can spot you on 7.5 or 6km (or was it 5.9) distance...

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
620 posts
5,677 battles

Forgot to mention I'm delighted about Eugen. I love that ship but struggle to justify playing it over Atago given the massive advantages of the IJN ship.

It's a beautiful and powerful ship, but your fun can be stopped prematurely very often.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
31 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

It's the torps that need a concealment buff not the ship. I have no problem with the Shima the way she is now, but reducing the detectability of her tops inline with other nations would be nice.

No.

I mean, sure, buffing her primary weapon would, of course, help her a lot - but we're not talking "how to make Shima as powerful as possible" but rather "how to make sure that Shima doesn't fall behind other tXs" - and for that buffs to her torps aren't necessary. Baring the disastrous 20km joke of a weapon, he has pretty nice torps.

Her problem is that she's overly vulnerable to other DDs, making it hard for her to set up the torp strikes without exposing herself to too much danger. And that's precisely where the concealment buff is going to come to play. Good concealment and very good speed are a great combination that can make her hard-hitting torps shine.

4 minutes ago, robihr said:

i know it is useful against other dd. :Smile_Default: i was just secretly complaining about too much thing spotting dd in higher tier battles :Smile_teethhappy: but then again you have z52 and yueyang that can spot you on 7.5 or 6km (or was it 5.9) distance...

I must say I have yet to meet a Radar YY in Randoms... It seems to be more exotic than Radar Minotaur, in fact - although it can certainly be a powerful tool when well coordinated with allies. And as for Z-52... well, little really changes for Shima there - she always outspotted Z-52 and the latter's hydro has always been really nasty in various ways. And, in fact, I don't think there would be any reasonably conceivable buff that would significantly change how this match up plays. Torps are always hydro-spotted no matter how good concealment were they do receive - and Shima herself already has speed and concealment advantage to let her bait hydro and disengage. Same old, same old.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
2,690 posts
9,853 battles

Congratulations WG, you just made the Prinz Eugen inferior to the silver Admiral Hipper. The title of worst T8 premium ship stays with the PE.

Survival was never the issue with both ships, the problem was the fact they had little impact on the game thanks to the lowest RoF at tier. Now the Eugen will remain a low performance ship with a damage output lower than the Murmansk, while the Hipper will perform better both in the damage category and survival, because faster rudder shift allows the player to angle the ship faster. And don't get me started on the strength of the heal when a T10 blaps you.

Prinz Eugen should have gotten a better reload and some more health instead of this joke.

PS: Sold the Orion. Good riddance to that cancer ship, I used the captain on the Nelson anyway.

• Cool 1

[XODUS]
Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

and for that buffs to her torps aren't necessary. Baring the disastrous 20km joke of a weapon, he has pretty nice torps.

Shima, the ship with the torps that send a big hello to notify the enemy they are on the way.

Torpedos are the primary weapon of the shima and as such, their detectability should at least be on par with other nations, not vastly inferior. They already have a long reload time, giving the torps some of their stealth back is, in my opinion, a better buff than decreasing the ships detectablity range.

[UNICS]
Players
2,783 posts
11,545 battles
20 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

Shima, the ship with the torps that send a big hello to notify the enemy they are on the way.

Torpedos are the primary weapon of the shima and as such, their detectability should at least be on par with other nations, not vastly inferior. They already have a long reload time, giving the torps some of their stealth back is, in my opinion, a better buff than decreasing the ships detectablity range.

Given the walls shimas produce, they'd be a too big threat to enemy dds, which would make the meta suck. shimas should be countered by gun dds. I think the concealment buff to shima coupled with buff from lowered plane spot is perfect, aside from the powercreeping on some other dds.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,234 posts
7,072 battles
4 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

I like all the buffs, but the shima buff is huge - 430m in one go? ..and I'm slightly concerned about Gearing being powercreeped by yet another tier 10 dd, while Gearing itself sits in the bottom of WR among the dds. The possibility of catching a shima off guard has significantly decreased by this buff. I expect a small buff to Gearing too in a while after this has settled in a bit.

Not as long as Gearing gets to keep her competetive 16,5 (13,2 with acceleration) Torpedos on top of her superior guns......

No.

I mean, sure, buffing her primary weapon would, of course, help her a lot - but we're not talking "how to make Shima as powerful as possible" but rather "how to make sure that Shima doesn't fall behind other tXs" - and for that buffs to her torps aren't necessary. Baring the disastrous 20km joke of a weapon, he has pretty nice torps.

Her problem is that she's overly vulnerable to other DDs, making it hard for her to set up the torp strikes without exposing herself to too much danger. And that's precisely where the concealment buff is going to come to play. Good concealment and very good speed are a great combination that can make her hard-hitting torps shine.

While the buff on the shipconcealment is certainly nice it still is a joke that the DD Tree that is suposed to be all about Torpedo focus (the ones that had oxygenpropelled Torpedos mind you) are still the most useless and easiest to spot torpedos in the game if you don't go for the suicidal 8 km F3 ones that WG added as a kind of a hotfix to dodge the problem of making the 20 km ones useless and the 12kkm subpar or average.

All in all dumb buffs in WG style that anyone that actualy plays the game would've done better. (especiall Eugen - still no point in picking her now over Atago + Hipper)

Nice job. :cap_old:

• Cool 2