You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

Would you like to be able to see other peoples "Detailed" battle screen after a battle?

13 comments in this topic

Players
1,198 posts
4,919 battles

Hi all,

Have you ever finished a battle and looked at the Team score page and wondered "How did that person get such a high XP?" etc? Wouldn't it be nice to be able to see other peoples "Detailed" damage screen (only that screen) so that you can see what they did to do so well? Maybe it would help people learn the game more if they could what others were doing to earn high XP or maybe it's just people like to be nosy etc but I think it'd be a good idea to add this to the Team Score page where you click the persons name (same as giving them Karma feedback) and one of the options is to see their Detailed damage screen.

It works well in WoT from what I've seen there on Jingle replays etc.

What do you folks think, good, bad, Meh?

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles

No.

As people will just find more reasons to report others players, from whom they think that they did not do what they thought should be done!

The current systems works fine.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles

I would like to have a bit more info about teammates but frankly, the biggest problem I see is that damage-related stats are both important and... completely useless as they are now, giving absolute numbers rather than % enemy hp shaved off. Forget comparing to others - even judging your own overall performance in various ships is meaningless.

The "%of enemy ships' hp of damage dealt" stat is much, much more important than access do detailed (or, in fact, any) post-battle stats of other people.

• Cool 2

WoWs Wiki Team
468 posts
7,923 battles
32 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Hi all,

Have you ever finished a battle and looked at the Team score page and wondered "How did that person get such a high XP?" etc? Wouldn't it be nice to be able to see other peoples "Detailed" damage screen (only that screen) so that you can see what they did to do so well? Maybe it would help people learn the game more if they could what others were doing to earn high XP or maybe it's just people like to be nosy etc but I think it'd be a good idea to add this to the Team Score page where you click the persons name (same as giving them Karma feedback) and one of the options is to see their Detailed damage screen.

Meh. Too many captains are already focussed on behaviour of their teammates and not their own gameplay. It's always "the others" who lost a match - according to them.

I do not see a benefit getting information about what a teammember did in battle. That's why I much appreciate the EP-System in Clan-Battles: All for one and one for all.

• Cool 2

[VAR]
Players
598 posts
7,665 battles

Sometimes I wonder and it could be interesting to look at a detailed scoreboard for both teammates and enemies but ... mostly I just dont care

• Cool 1

[XODUS]
Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
1 hour ago, eliastion said:

I would like to have a bit more info about teammates but frankly, the biggest problem I see is that damage-related stats are both important and... completely useless as they are now, giving absolute numbers rather than % enemy hp shaved off. Forget comparing to others - even judging your own overall performance in various ships is meaningless.

The "%of enemy ships' hp of damage dealt" stat is much, much more important than access do detailed (or, in fact, any) post-battle stats of other people.

Yes, there is too much bias towards team members 'doing' damage. I have defended flanks, solo, just by sending torps in the enemies general direction and helped win the game with little damage. Other times, I have been running around like a blue arsed fly, capping and recapping to win the game and similarly, done little damage.

[XODUS]
Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
1 hour ago, IanH755 said:

Hi all,

Usually, you can tell who will get the highest XP by seeing where the ships go and how they play. Ocassionally, there is a player or two who get high scores and you think, how? I suppose it would be nice to see their detailed stats, as you can in WoT.

[CG]
Players
57 posts
6,586 battles

yes, but not before we get a meaningful breakdown of experience earned detailing how much of your xp you earned for capping, tanking etc

Players
1,469 posts
5,724 battles

As much as I would like this, the only thing it will to is increase the number of "stats shameing", so no.

Players
1,198 posts
4,919 battles

@LiKwId - That's the sort of info I'd be after, not so much "How much damage" but more like how much spotting, how much potential damage, how many caps etc with the XP break-down for each so you can see "why" someone with, for example, no kills, got so much XP (because they tanked lots or spotted lots etc).

@Mandalorianer - I don't see much "stat shaming" whilst in-game or the Port, it tends to be done on forums in my experience rather than via messages in port.

Players
1,469 posts
5,724 battles
4 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

@Mandalorianer - I don't see much "stat shaming" whilst in-game or the Port, it tends to be done on forums in my experience rather than via messages in port.

"For now"

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,159 posts
9,927 battles
4 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

I'd probably cry a lot if I could see what exactly my teammates were doing :cap_wander:

This.

Bad players won't bother and good players will stab their eyes out.