Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bellegar

Coupon for being top xp earner?

43 comments in this topic

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,012 posts

Ok guys, I just fell of my chair in amazement (no really, I did..... it looked really stupid and I hurt my back :Smile_teethhappy::cap_old:)

But anyway.... I just played a Space Battle, and when I returned to port, I got this message

wut.png.e933cdaad49e5099d80d7f90c9d32a21.png

Don't want to seem ungrateful of course. But wtf :cap_wander:

Apparently they're handing out 10% discount coupons (last 6 days) for being top xp earner on the (winning?) team? :cap_win:

Did somebody else get this? Or am I just a special snowflake?

While I'm a happy fish :fish_cute_2: I'm also a confused fish :fish_nerv:

Dafuq is going on? :cap_yes:

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,012 posts
4 minutes ago, _ramrus_ said:

I got -20%

:Smile_ohmy:

The heresy :Smile-angry:

I demand more :Smile_izmena:

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface: 

Kappa.png.da468bc0fd0529ce708bdccb98027913.png

• Funny 3

[-HUN-]
Players
634 posts
7,823 battles

Also got 20.

But don't care LOL. I think the ships should stay rare and I don't want to flood the game with my premiums. :P :Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

Players
503 posts
1,775 battles

Got 10% as well, but the list of conditions for using it is pretty long. Must be over 30 euro, can't be premium, cant be special offer, cant be dubbys, cant be discounted item. So pretty much only available on ships and I've got way too many premiums anyway (including the Atlanta I won in the giveaway on the WG stream yesterday :fish_cute_2: ) so I'll pass.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,387 posts
9,577 battles

So half server get 10%, half server get 20%... seems fair.  wg  :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
2,148 posts
3,836 battles

So whats this about? You play 1 battle of Space, won the game, and you get a gift as buying something in premium store for price of over 30€?

Im looking for logic here but I cant find it...

Players
1,460 posts
5,704 battles
8 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

So whats this about? You play 1 battle of Space, won the game, and you get a gift as buying something in premium store for price of over 30€?

As I said, WG seems to be in dire need of money.

I mean, these "gift"cards, 30€ per low-res space camo for Tier X and what I've seen so far of upcoming Abruzzi... I bet that she'll have similar salenumbers to Belfast once people get a grasp of her...

[BYOB]
Players
2,674 posts
9,762 battles
1 hour ago, Mandalorianer said:

Seems like someone needs money, fast... :cap_yes:

And the best way to do this is to remove the majority of ships from the shop and tech tree. Also, no Easter offers, as clearly Europe/whole world doesn't celebrate Easter. #WGLogic

The WG's marketing and sales decisions are a marvel to behold, as they confuse me to no end.

• Cool 2

Players
376 posts
Got a 10% coupon for placing first in "Defence of Newport" with my Warspite and proving how unsuited Battleships are for operations (I admit to good fortune with dispersion and citadels). Agree with CleverViking about the list of conditions and that I'll just let it expire. 30 Euros is about twice as much as I could justify spending and I'd have spent the money on Doubloons, which the coupon can't be used for.

Which I find strange. I'm not tempted by the space-camouflages and I have enough Doubloons to convert as much XP as I'm likely to earn during the Space Battles, but if I had been tempted or didn't have enough then Doubloons would be what I'd need. And 10% off might have been enough to tip the decision towards spending the money, rather than the coupon being irrelevant to this.

EDIT: And the reason I was talking about Free-XP was that if you don't have the ships the special ones are based on then you might decide you like them, and therefore want to get some XP converted to speed your progress towards them, and especially if you wanted to get them soon enough to also get the space camouflage. So they are running an event that could tempt people to buy Doubloons, but don't add to that temptation with the coupon.
Edited by Johmie
Extra information

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,012 posts
9 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

I know right.... no logic at all (at least in my mind).

That's why I was so surprised when I got it. And apparently it's not just for Space Battles, as @Johmie got it for a scenario.

And what's going on with some peeps getting 10% and some others 20%? :cap_hmm:

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but something weird is going on with WG when they're giving stuff away :Smile_trollface: 

[0RCA]
Players
335 posts
7,554 battles

yes , after 1st space battle and top xp rank on my team i got this , thanks wg. cool.

YOUR COUPONS

3d98878f-c4d8-4b1f-8803-8900b4868b4f.png

70% OFF HERO BUNDLES

Enjoy an exclusive 70% discount on Hero Bundles - valid for 7 days.

[XODUS]
Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
13 hours ago, Bellegar said:

Ok guys, I just fell of my chair in amazement (no really, I did..... it looked really stupid and I hurt my back :Smile_teethhappy::cap_old:)

But anyway.... I just played a Space Battle, and when I returned to port, I got this message

wut.png.e933cdaad49e5099d80d7f90c9d32a21.png

Don't want to seem ungrateful of course. But wtf :cap_wander:

Apparently they're handing out 10% discount coupons (last 6 days) for being top xp earner on the (winning?) team? :cap_win:

Did somebody else get this? Or am I just a special snowflake?

While I'm a happy fish :fish_cute_2: I'm also a confused fish :fish_nerv:

Dafuq is going on? :cap_yes:

Nothing but marketing to get 'customers' to open their pockets and play 'space battles'. Many moons ago, they sent me a -30% off for some 'random reason' and the criteria was so restrictive, it was pointless. I see they haven't eased those restrictions.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,951 posts
5,437 battles

Got 20% and I'll PASS

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,012 posts

Yeah I'll pass aswell. Should've gotten it a week earlier and I would've bought Gascogne, but right now, with all the restrictions, there's nothing that interests me :Smile_sad:

Players
1,460 posts
5,704 battles
9 hours ago, Aragathor said:

And the best way to do this is to remove the majority of ships from the shop and tech tree. Also, no Easter offers, as clearly Europe/whole world doesn't celebrate Easter. #WGLogic

The WG's marketing and sales decisions are a marvel to behold, as they confuse me to no end.

Maybe they need it because of that???

11 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

I mean, these "gift"cards, 30€ per low-res space camo for Tier X and what I've seen so far of upcoming Abruzzi... I bet that she'll have similar salenumbers to Belfast once people get a grasp of her...

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,586 battles

Got the 20% off coupon.

But I didn't get the ARP Nachi in December 2016 so **** you WG.

• Cool 1

Players
2,148 posts
3,836 battles
On 3/31/2018 at 10:49 AM, Bellegar said:

I know right.... no logic at all (at least in my mind).

That's why I was so surprised when I got it. And apparently it's not just for Space Battles, as @Johmie got it for a scenario.

And what's going on with some peeps getting 10% and some others 20%? :cap_hmm:

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but something weird is going on with WG when they're giving stuff away :Smile_trollface: 

I wonder what are criteria to get that gifts. 1st place in Space or Scenarios?

And on what you can spend them?

If some people get 10 and other up to 30% coupon gifts, it could be ''RNG''.

Players
1 post
680 battles

I got the 70% off hero bundle as well, but cannot make the purchase, the dreaded "something went wrong". 

This may be a known issue, as 'support' page mentions a workaround is to use Firefox or Explorer, but I AM using Firefox...

I want the Scharnhorst, quite a deal at that discount, unless I'm missing something sneaky.  They better honour it if this is a mistake...

Players
527 posts
7,926 battles

I also just got that -70% coupon (after a 1st place Kraken + Double Strike match in my Algérie :Smile_smile: ). I already own Campbeltown, Katori and Scharnhorst, so it's just Atlanta + 1500 doubloons (at 12,71€) or Arizona + 1000 doubloons (at 9,84€) left for me. Let's assume for one second that i was going to buy those doubloons at the shop (1500d retail at 6,21€; 1000d at 4,27€), the ship prices drop to 6,50€ for the Atlanta and 5,57€ for the Arizona...and i get 5 port slots on top of that (not that i needed them currently). Not too shabby i have to admit...and that's coming from a f2p player (so far). Maybe finally WG will earn some money from me with this offer.

Given the fact that i already own Texas and Missouri, the Arizona probably wouldn't really leave my port very often. So now i've got 6 days left to decide on the Atlanta, which is a neat little boat with somewhat unique traits. Let's see...

Beta Tester
215 posts
4,056 battles

I got a -20% also; make it a -50% at least and we'll talk :D

[UTW]
Alpha Tester
1,947 posts
6,548 battles

So many restrictions... It's like you enter the shop, you see so many good things and the reduction ends up being on the last shelf with the stuff noone buys anyway. 

Sign in to follow this