Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Dunk_Squad

Kronshtadt, really?

42 comments in this topic

Players
144 posts
1,756 battles

...Another fake Russian ship? At least the hulls were laid down. Still, did we really need another Russian premium? Most of the Premiums in this game are Russian...

Imperator Nikokai I (Fake Russian Paper Battleship, deliberately made overpowered because WarGaming)

October Revolution (I hate this one for political reasons, being a glorification of Communism, I don't think this should be in the game or at least be in it's other form as Gangut, especially if we're pissy about removing Rising Sun Flags.)

Murmansk (An American Ship given back in horrible condition to the Americans.)

Molotov (Okay, this one actually existed, but it didn't do a whole lot.)

Admiral Makarov (Is a German ship.)

Leningrad (Fair enough, hate the name again, but that's just me.)

Mikhail Kutuzov (Launched 1952. 1952. Nine. Teen. Fifty. Two. Somehow more powerful than all American Cruisers despite essentially doing nothing.)

• Cool 3
  • Boring 12
  • Bad 9

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles

(going by the wiki and adding the three missing fxp ships) 

18 IJN

18 USN

14 russian

9 KM

7 RN

3 pan asian

4 french

4 italian

2 commonwealth

1 polish

a total of

80/2= 40

In case that math is hard for you, 14 is not more than 40. Nor is it even the nation with most premiums. And out of the nations in game with more than one line of ships, it is the nation with 2nd fewest high tier premiums.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
38 minutes ago, ThisIsAReroll said:

...Another fake Russian ship? At least the hulls were laid down. Still, did we really need another Russian premium? Most of the Premiums in this game are Russian...

Imperator Nikokai I (Fake Russian Paper Battleship, deliberately made overpowered because WarGaming)

October Revolution (I hate this one for political reasons, being a glorification of Communism, I don't think this should be in the game or at least be in it's other form as Gangut, especially if we're pissy about removing Rising Sun Flags.)

Mikhail Kutuzov (Launched 1952. 1952. Nine. Teen. Fifty. Two. Somehow more powerful than all American Cruisers despite essentially doing nothing.)

and now statistic buthurt you....you poor poor guy.....if yoiu still did not get, RU is nation with fewer "paper" ships in this game...but hey...lets be monkeys from WOT and jump on "i hare RU tanks"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
3,268 posts
6,860 battles
44 minutes ago, ThisIsAReroll said:

So are you suggesting Kutuzov needs to be buffed, because cold war cruiser is merely "adequate" against prewar designs?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
2,179 posts
13,947 battles
1 hour ago, ThisIsAReroll said:

There is a large Russian player base, so...

• Cool 2

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,252 posts
3,752 battles

The Imperator Nikolai was build:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_battleship_Imperator_Nikolai_I_(1916)

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,699 posts
13,142 battles

Imperator Nikokai I Fake Russian Paper Battleship

latest?cb=20120420202012

• Funny 1

Players
10 posts
3,551 battles

Since its rumoured to be T9 and not in the tech tree... if it is a real thing coming to the game, it isn't gonna be for sale for $$.

it's gonna be the first FREE XP cruiser.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,563 posts
9,106 battles

Do you know the best part of owning a Cesare?

It's not the obscene concealment, powerful guns, nimble ship with good armor combo, it's that ability to train Russian captains on it, on accounts of it being a Russian ship, clearly.

Beta Tester
3,671 posts
12,833 battles
3 hours ago, AgarwaenME said:

In case that math is hard for you, 14 is not more than 40. Nor is it even the nation with most premiums. And out of the nations in game with more than one line of ships, it is the nation with 2nd fewest high tier premiums.

Well, at least those russian ships are perfectly suited to a job, they already had in their colourful past... sitting in the harbour doing nothing. :Smile_hiding:

[HMSR]
Players
1,630 posts
5,864 battles
5 hours ago, ThisIsAReroll said:

Imperator Nikokai I (Fake Russian Paper Battleship) 

250px-Imperator_Nikolay_I.jpg.97ec433227fc40abe7e327677ba69cfe.jpg5abea8e9ef0d8_RUImperatritsaMaria05.jpg.cf3843e2b1433039afa85adcbe988098.jpg

Yep totally fake :Smile-_tongue:

• Bad 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,224 posts
5,868 battles

What's with people always being so butthurt about paper ships? Go play chess or something if you can't handle it

• Cool 1

[SKRUB]
Players
141 posts
12,514 battles
31 minutes ago, domen3 said:

What's with people always being so butthurt about paper ships? Go play chess or something if you can't handle it

Maybe it's a trauma. [:o]

You know... Some people never successs to craft an origami boat...

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

250px-Imperator_Nikolay_I.jpg.97ec433227fc40abe7e327677ba69cfe.jpg5abea8e9ef0d8_RUImperatritsaMaria05.jpg.cf3843e2b1433039afa85adcbe988098.jpg

Yep totally fake :Smile-_tongue:

That second image is not of the Nikolai though, as they never finished her. Looks more like a Sevastopol class BB to me.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles
2 hours ago, domen3 said:

Omg such a paper queen!

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,860 posts
8,086 battles

Hi all,

I just had "Kronstadt" in my game this evening in my team (I was in my "Missouri")! :Smile_Default:

He played well and we won comfortably...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[HMSR]
Players
1,630 posts
5,864 battles
1 hour ago, lafeel said:

That second image is not of the Nikolai though, as they never finished her. Looks more like a Sevastopol class BB to me.

Yep, double checked, hmm idea, Sevastopol as T4 BB anyone, nikki is lonley :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,472 posts
5,740 battles

I don't have a problem with the fact that they're sovjet ships. I have a problem with Wargamings bias toward russian ships and the fact that both Kronstadt and Stalingrad are considered "Cruiser" while Gneisenau and Scharnhorst are still "Battleships"...

• Bad 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,377 posts
5,517 battles
7 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

I don't have a problem with the fact that they're sovjet ships. I have a problem with Wargamings bias toward russian ships and the fact that both Kronstadt and Stalingrad are considered "Cruiser" while Gneisenau and Scharnhorst are still "Battleships"...

Don't.

I love buddy.

And Gneisenau and scharhorst are...were cruisers and still are.

So , the ones with the problem it's WG. Not us.

Stalingrad it's not WG's fault either. the only to blame is none other than Comrade Stalin.

when faced with  two options, he choose the  Kick [edited]version, bigger, meanest.

Leaving the top officers of the CCCP scratching their heads to figuring out how, for what it was good for.

Yeah, everything that carries his name had to be a swamp of blood.

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Yep, double checked, hmm idea, Sevastopol as T4 BB anyone, nikki is lonley :Smile_trollface:

Well one of them (the usually (inaccurately, Sevastopol commissioned first) credited as nameship of the class Gangut) is the tier 5 premium bb already. ;)

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,699 posts
13,142 battles
31 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

And Gneisenau and scharhorst are...were cruisers and still are.

Nah, Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Kronshtadt & Stalingrad are all battleships/-cruisers by definition. The former two especially don't fit as cruisers at all, if not by gun caliber then by armor.

They're just shoehorning Kronshtadt and Stalingrad into a cruiser slot so they can increase the number of BBs per match without tampering with MM and give them cruiser consumables, thus continuing to pander to the most braindead class in the game. This also enables them to say that not all free exp ships are BBs.

From a marketing perspective it is kinda brilliant, really.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles
8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Nah, Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Kronshtadt & Stalingrad are all battleships/-cruisers by definition. The former two especially don't fit as cruisers at all, if not by gun caliber then by armor.

They're just shoehorning Kronshtadt and Stalingrad into a cruiser slot so they can increase the number of BBs per match without tampering with MM and give them cruiser consumables, thus continuing to pander to the most braindead class in the game. This also enables them to say that not all free exp ships are BBs.

From a marketing perspective it is kinda brilliant, really.

Also, lets not forget what else this opens the door for: The Alaska class.

• Cool 1

[VAR]
Players
599 posts
7,672 battles
15 hours ago, ThisIsAReroll said:

Eh ... hahahaha ... ehr, hehe ... hahahahahaha ... eh?     Rly?

Well I hate the Texas because of political reasons, being a glorification of tax evasion and because it gives kittens cancer ...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
144 posts
1,756 battles
2 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

Eh ... hahahaha ... ehr, hehe ... hahahahahaha ... eh?     Rly?

Well I hate the Texas because of political reasons, being a glorification of tax evasion and because it gives kittens cancer ...

Yes, Communism should only be mentioned in passing as a huge killer of innocent people in the 20th century, along with Fascism. You wouldn't hang up Nazi banners and implement a ship in game called 1933 or Night of Long Knives, so why glorify the Communist Revolution? The Hammer and Sickle to me is no different to the Hinomaru, the Swastika, the Islamic Shahada flag, and similar. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[VAR]
Players
599 posts
7,672 battles
1 minute ago, ThisIsAReroll said:

Yes, Communism should only be mentioned in passing as a huge killer of innocent people in the 20th century, along with Fascism. You wouldn't hang up Nazi banners and implement a ship in game called 1933 or Night of Long Knives, so why glorify the Communist Revolution? The Hammer and Sickle to me is no different to the Hinomaru, the Swastika, the Islamic Shahada flag, and similar. 

Yeah ... and how many wasn't killed in the US imperial quest for global domination and colonialism?

If you wan't to politisize this game be sure to see both sides objectively and don't single out one ideology because you're so freakin biased ...

Where are you from?

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2