Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

The sound effect after receiving citadel hit

18 comments in this topic

Players
0 posts

Hi everyone. As you see in the title, is there a way to close this annoying sound effect? Because, in my opinion the player who makes a citadel shot needs to hear this, not the player who receiving it. Because that can  give morale that player who makes the citadel shot but why demoralize the other player who is receiving it? It's really annoying and demoralizes me. Even if I get a citadel hit, normally I dont care and keep fighting because the damage doesnt demoralize me but that effect is just so annoying. You are in a war, someone hits you from the citadel and that heart beating effect comes out. This is so unnecessary. I can guess some people maybe likes it, maybe even that gives morale to them, but not to me. And Im sure some people thinks like me so this needs to be optional. Can be closed or opened. So everyone will be happy! Moderators please give information about this to WG. Because I dont know how to do. Thanks for reading it! 

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
6,917 posts
9,129 battles

Yeah, not a fan of it either. I actually like hearing what's going on, thank you very much.

[MIRKO]
Players
359 posts
3,269 battles

Maybe you should just stop sailing broadside-to-enemy all the time.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 2

[-MM]
Players
399 posts
7,942 battles

I want the old "tinnitus" one back, double as loud and trice as long. Maybe people would finally learn that showing broadside can be rather bad for your health (literally for headphone users).

I also want a device that sprays cold water into people's necks, every time they do something stupid.:cap_money:

• Funny 1

[BS4]
Players
668 posts
4,905 battles
58 minutes ago, ZoidFile said:

I want the old "tinnitus" one back, double as loud and trice as long. Maybe people would finally learn that showing broadside can be rather bad for your health (literally for headphone users).

That's really funny you should mention that because I suffer from that from time to time (Tinnitus) and ever since I started playing this game it has become quite an association problem for me ...2days ago On the way back from work I was citedeled in the frozen food section of Sainsbury's and again at the check out...seriously. It was like....

Ic15XYu.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
5 posts
578 battles
2 hours ago, HalSteiner said:

Maybe you shouldn't just assume they are broadside. Some Cruisers can get citadeled from the bow or stern also. Hell it's even happened when at and angle because you get over matched.

[X_MAS]
Players
51 posts
6,008 battles
2 ore fa, HalSteiner ha scritto:

Are you posting this super-intelligent reply based on factual evidence or just talking 'cuz you've a mouth (fingers in this case)? Because great news, in a cruiser you get random citadelled even if you don't sail broadside. Not to mention i citadelled a non-broadside izumo with the hindemburg!

[NED]
Players
4,022 posts
10,888 battles

+10 if I could OP. I find it one of the most annoying thing in-game. For me it's sounding like a cholera colony having a diarrhea attack all together.

• Cool 2

Players
3 posts
1,556 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, SeaWolf7 sagte:

That's really funny you should mention that because I suffer from that from time to time (Tinnitus) and ever since I started playing this game it has become quite an association problem for me ...2days ago On the way back from work I was citedeled in the frozen food section of Sainsbury's and again at the check out...seriously. It was like....

Ic15XYu.gif

Maybe one of your Clanmates got citadelled so hard you felt it, like a disturbance of the force.

Also @patr1234 , the sound effect comes from recieving a certain amount of damage, has nothing to do with being citadeled.

• Cool 1

[TS1]
Players
465 posts
7,152 battles

As it is right now, isn't that sound for all kinds of massive damage taken in a single salvo? I hear it occasionally in DDs after all. Which means you hear it even if you only take regular penetration hits. I would actually prefer to have a specific sound that's only for getting hit in the citadel. It gives information to use for future incoming salvos.

That said. I personally don't find the sound all that annoying, but I can see why others do.

• Cool 1

Players
0 posts
19 hours ago, HalSteiner said:

Looks like people already replied your genious comment, so I dont need to say anything about that.

Thanks for all comments except this one! I didnt know that, the sound effect also comes from recieving a certain amount of damage. Anyway, like I said, that is still annoying. Like, I cant focus on game when I hear this. It effects my gameplay. Before the last update, it was still annoying to me but there was just "boom" effect. But with the latest update now you also hear heart beating sound and everytime Im like "What the hell is going on!!??" I mean I know I got cidateled or got massive damage but it just makes me mad. Like I said again, some people may like it, or some people dont care about it, but it seems some people dont like it. Just like me. Im not saying remove it completely but if WG make an option to close it or open it that would be so cool.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,183 battles
18 hours ago, ZoidFile said:

I also want a device that sprays cold water into people's necks, every time they do something stupid.:cap_money:

Yeah, me too. The original one, I know not everybody likes it because it was a sound that really makes you cringe. But it's quite situational. There should be an option or a mod which brings it.

I'm talking about this one:

Alpha Tester
1,746 posts
4,631 battles
21 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

I know not everybody likes it

That's an understatement if I ever saw one. This "feature" has been introduced and re-introduced at least three times and every time it has been removed/reworked after negative feedback from the players. One would think that WG (@Sub_Octavian and @Crysantos, huehue)  were capable of listening to such feedback, but I guess this is another incentive to get more players to use anything other than a battleship. You know, since both destroyers and cruisers are less prone to heavy damage...

[PWN]
Beta Tester
18 posts
11,521 battles

Still million times better than heartbeat sound few patches ago. I liked the screeching hull sound after closed beta.

[ASEET]
Players
191 posts
6,533 battles

This is something I don't understand. WG has already given us the crew voices in different languages, why can't they give us options on what kind of notification sounds we want? Somebody might enjoy having tinnitus after a bad decision or to have their ship play christmas carols when their guns reload.

I'd rather take these sounds over the constant bell-ringing we now have

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,159 posts
9,954 battles
21 hours ago, ZoidFile said:

Funny thing is that my French CA/CLs seem to receive citadel hits more often when I'm angled then when showing broadside. :cap_hmm:

[CHAOS]
Players
2,255 posts
10,332 battles

The sound can not be annoying enough. I like to know that if i give a broadside-sailing noob 5 citadels from serval salvos, he is getting this annoying "YOU FOOL, START TO ANGLE AND DODGE STUFF"-Sound every salvo. And hopefully in a 5.1-Sourround System with subwoofer. Only sad thing: Even that is sometimes not enough for some plebs to learn.

At the end, its still a war game. War games don't have to hold my hand and keep my in a comfort zone 24/7.

If i do mistakes or even just have bad luck, the game is not just allowed, it also should punish me with visuals and sound. It helps keeping the competitive and fighting atmosphere. 

If you don't believe me, just play WoWs with muted sound & music and then tell me, you can get the same enjoyment out of the game.

Players
0 posts
On 31.03.2018 at 3:58 PM, Terendir said:

The sound can not be annoying enough. I like to know that if i give a broadside-sailing noob 5 citadels from serval salvos, he is getting this annoying "YOU FOOL, START TO ANGLE AND DODGE STUFF"-Sound every salvo. And hopefully in a 5.1-Sourround System with subwoofer. Only sad thing: Even that is sometimes not enough for some plebs to learn.

At the end, its still a war game. War games don't have to hold my hand and keep my in a comfort zone 24/7.

If i do mistakes or even just have bad luck, the game is not just allowed, it also should punish me with visuals and sound. It helps keeping the competitive and fighting atmosphere. 

If you don't believe me, just play WoWs with muted sound & music and then tell me, you can get the same enjoyment out of the game.

Well, this is why I said "They need to make it optional" over and over again. Because like I said a few times, some people may like it, but some people dont. So if you want to get punishment because of your mistakes, cool you can open it. But I dont want to, so I should be able to close it. Nobody have to play the game like this cause you think like this. Because, thats only what "you" think. Im not saying they need to remove it friend, just its needs to be optional so everyone will be happy. Thanks for the comment.

Sign in to follow this