Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Amaterasu_Regale

Why do Carriers have a different chime when you sink them?

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
176 posts
1,950 battles

Destroyers, Battleships and Cruisers all have same sound, Carriers have a different one for some reason. Is there actually a logical game design decision behind this or what? Not really important, I'm honestly just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UTW]
Alpha Tester
1,947 posts
6,872 battles

It may be because of the importance of a carrier as a strategical target? Hearing "Ennemy aircraft carrier destroyed" is the fantasy of every admiral since WW2. 
That's what I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,405 posts
14,381 battles

?? I never noticed that one myself. Check who was the captain. Maybe an undercover Morris-Dancer or then Tinkerbell was driving?:cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,728 posts
7,392 battles

The sound is what makes DDs ignore objectives and go CV hunting :Smile_hiding:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,077 posts
9,136 battles
9 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

The sound is what makes DDs ignore objectives and go CV hunting :Smile_hiding:

Going after/killing a CV is THE objective!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles
4 hours ago, ThisIsAReroll said:

Destroyers, Battleships and Cruisers all have same sound, Carriers have a different one for some reason. Is there actually a logical game design decision behind this or what? Not really important, I'm honestly just curious.

Actually. All ships have a different sinking sound. But CVs have a more severe difference.

But listen carefully. The difference between a DD and BB is the most pronounced. DD sinkings are more higher pitched.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,303 posts
9,548 battles
1 minute ago, stewie533 said:

Actually. All ships have a different sinking sound. But CVs have a more severe difference.

But listen carefully. The difference between a DD and BB is the most pronounced. DD sinkings are more higher pitched.

This.

 

It just happens that the one for the CV is more easily distinguishable from the other ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×