Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RedAnark

Info and news about replays?

5 comments in this topic

[P-ITA]
Players
477 posts

Hi there,

today before updating my client to 7.3 I played a replay of a battle I did to record it before is gone with the new update.

But it worked fine until the battle started, then there was only my ship visible and no other... I could only see enemies fire and smoke when they were hit or when they were firing against me. But no ships, neither alley's ships.

So, I'm asking you WG, what happens if I need a replay to show you a problem, a bug, or I need to submit a ticket? Are you able to play properly a replay of 7.2 or 7.1 today or not as we couldn't?

Or, in order to keep some replay, can I do something (keep some files or client) to be able to play it after an update or when you update the servers we do not have any chance to play them as it happened to me today?

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts

Logically their support staff must have access to clients of various patch levels, not like they have to connect to the live servers to run replays.

As to us being able to keep different patch level clients, I'm sure it's possible, but I've never made an effort to try.

• Cool 1

Players
380 posts

During the discussion of the bug/feature of being able to more easily citadel some Battleships Mr.Conway mentioned they were checking the results in both the live version and (I think) 6.1, so they can run older versions. However when he was asked if they could provide the older version so other people could also run comparisons he said they could, but it would not do any good as those people wouldn't have a server to connect to.

• Cool 1

[P-ITA]
Players
477 posts
13 hours ago, Johmie said:

During the discussion of the bug/feature of being able to more easily citadel some Battleships Mr.Conway mentioned they were checking the results in both the live version and (I think) 6.1, so they can run older versions. However when he was asked if they could provide the older version so other people could also run comparisons he said they could, but it would not do any good as those people wouldn't have a server to connect to.

Exactly as i thought, without a server you can't run older patch even if you saved it in total.

If I don't remember wrong, it was possible without a server a year or some more ago. In fact I was keeping the older versions to run replays or record them after a new patch.

That means is completely useless to keep replays, unless you have to open a ticket or contest something directly to WG.

At least I save some gigs!

[P-ITA]
Players
477 posts

But regarding this topic another question: is it possible to have a service that you stream your battles to, and later you can retrieve them, but not broadcast them? If yes which is it?

Sign in to follow this