Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KarmaQU_EU

Appreciation thread for Space Battles

Space battles? Space Battles!  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy the space battles?

2. 2. Thanks devs and staff, was great event.

3. 3. Want more?

• More More More!
    • Just wait a sec ...
    • Do this next. Would make for great event. Left idea/feedback in comments.

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
765 posts
4,327 battles

Overall I think this is the best WoWs event since quite a while.

It has lots of content, it is fun and creative, and rewarding. This did not happen at random ... you can see a lot of the decisions WG made, much based on past experience and feedback, to ensure the event is accessible to all and is of positive influence.

For instance, making the rewards per-day, and game-based instead of more tedious requirements. Lowering the tier levels of ships so everyone gets to participate. Leaving out a few of the most OP ships from the mode.

So this thread is purely dedicated to point out and remind WG of the small details which contribute to making this even fun, stress-free, polished, and a good event, for once. Just in case WG forgets about them, or does not get the message enough.

Also if you do want to show your appreciation, but don't know how to do it, you can just leave your thanks to the devs and staff here.

P.S. I didn't know about this before.

On 4/11/2015 at 7:25 PM, Lesica said:

Guys you know why they make this or?

Just tell you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmonautics_Day

Tomorrow is in russia cosmonautic day

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,414 posts
8,417 battles

but you could also argue that time spent making this could have been spent improving the game itself...

and this trumps our regular Easter special?

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
765 posts
4,327 battles

Here's a good joke I heard today:

What do you think of the space battles?

- It's got no atmosphere.

• Funny 6

[UNICS]
Players
2,786 posts
11,545 battles

Glad you like it. I watched it on a stream, but I haven't tried it. Personally, I'm not into the space theme. Nice looking and so though.

Maybe try 17th century next time..? I'd play that :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 3

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
858 posts
3,869 battles

Thoroughly enjoying both the mode and the elite commander xp I'm collecting. A firm thumbs-up and thank you from me, with a caveat on the third question as I'd prefer this sort of mode to be occasional rather than constant to keep it novel and engaging.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,885 posts

I want to like it, but the utterly clueless teammates kill it for me. Had a 6-kill 250k-damage defeat this afternoon because my "team" refused to go to a cap (I had 2 solo-caps in the Kurryvurst) hiding behind islands, thus letting the enemy reach 1000 points. There were 5 of us left, against a 10k HP Kurryvurst. 

8 battles played, 8 defeats.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,224 posts
5,868 battles
On 29. 3. 2018 at 4:45 PM, Salentine said:

but you could also argue that time spent making this could have ben spent improving the game itself...

True, but then the players would be crying about there not being an april fools event...it's impossible to make people happy these days

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,705 posts
13,143 battles
On 3/29/2018 at 4:45 PM, Salentine said:

but you could also argue that time spent making this could have ben spent improving the game itself.

Please, what resources were drawn on to make the event that could've been used to improve the game?

- 3D Art

- Programming

.....and that's pretty much it? Balancing/Game Design department certainly didn't do anything. And the programmers did nothing but implement features that are being tested for randoms anyway, so that's time spent improving the game as you wish for. The only time being "wasted" is that of the 3D artists, who themselves said they didn't spend a significant time on the spaceships anyway comparatively speaking. Also those skins are being monetized, so from their perspective that too is time well spent.

No time was truly wasted in creating this. WG has made plenty of mistakes, but this certainly isn't one of them.

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,569 posts
9,107 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Please, what resources were drawn on to make the event that could've been used to improve the game?

- 3D Art

- Programming

.....and that's pretty much it? Balancing/Game Design department certainly didn't do anything. And the programmers did nothing but implement features that are being tested for randoms anyway, so that's time spent improving the game as you wish for. The only time being "wasted" is that of the 3D artists, who themselves said they didn't spend a significant time on the spaceships anyway comparatively speaking. Also those skins are being monetized, so from their perspective that too is time well spent.

No time was truly wasted in creating this. WG has made plenty of mistakes, but this certainly isn't one of them.

Additionally, it's allowing them to try out new mechanics like local weather and gather more data on how the average player might use specific T10 ships, something accentuated by the fact that the space ships come with equipment to match common builds.

You can't tell me that the République being one of the ships is a coincidence.
It's a smart way to gather data on a wild card ship, one not popular enough to get reliable data points.

This sort of thing, along with special events/operations like Dunkirk are invaluable.

• Cool 3

[HMSR]
Players
1,639 posts
5,871 battles

Happy with the event, glad the dev team made it, i'm liking the space theme, its always nice to have some scify mumbojumbo to brake up the standard game for a change :Smile_Default:

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,013 posts

Yeah I really like this event. It's fun, it's accessible and it looks absolutely stunning :fish_cute_2:

I also like the new patches (dat penguin :Smile_teethhappy:)

And no, there is no resource whatsoever that was better spent elsewhere. Different departmens, different tasks. And besides, a little creativity and out-of-the-box thinking can be quite enlightening once in a while.

Good job on this event WG :Smile_honoring:

Beta Tester
347 posts
12,056 battles

Meh.  Interesting at first, pretty, but ultimately just kinda boring, and frustrating since players seem to have forgotten how to play.  Back to randoms.  

Az

Players
58 posts
2,267 battles

Well, I for one found them enjoyable. Granted, I've only played a handful but as far as an April 1th joke goes, this one was entertaining even for a grad A potato like me. :cap_like:

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
37 posts
8,957 battles

Did one SB. Hurt my eyes and went back to regular ships.

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles
On 29/03/2018 at 10:38 AM, KarmaQU_EU said:

Overall I think this is the best WoWs event since quite a while.

Last halloween event was really great, imo more enjoyable than this one :)

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,013 posts
2 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

Last halloween event was really great, imo more enjoyable than this one :)

The submarine that broke the game? :cap_wander:

Or you mean the bathtub from two years ago?

That one was actually very good as well. All hail Pokéboat :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
430 posts
4,806 battles

WG made this to sell 8000 dublons perma camo - players are buying them like they cost 3000 dub. or like they get from the box, next time WG will spend even more time for something like this and make camo for 10k dub because no meter how crazy they go with the price there will always be a lot of wallet warriors who will pay 25-30€ - you can buy AAA new complete game for that amount not 1 camo !?!?!? 

I don't blame WG here - just to be clear, if you want WG spend more time in balancing this game and making game better than don't buy things like this absurd amount for camo or don't cry that T8 is mostly vs T10 when you buy a shitload of new T8 premiums and spend absurd amount on freeXP from T8-T10,  WG is company and they sell there product, it is you who buying staff like this making them spend more time on new premium than on game,,, easy as that !!

Beta Tester
765 posts
4,327 battles

I think the space-ships are actually quite decent work, in both model and texture. They are fun and nice. The game mode is also quite atmospheric.

Its just a pity that due to hilariously bad combo of fail business tactics and ugly presentation, they won’t sell very well as camos. The infrastructure of WoWs, and the merchandising could use a lot of work. And its presentation. So those camos can fit in the game and be nice at it.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,819 battles

As an Aprils fools event I like it, the devs in design and ship textures needs to relax also. Fun for them = Fun for us.

More? Well like the Halloween these events should be a few weeks and then put into storage, if they return next year , that is  fine.

After all you get some elite XP, and relatively easy some camos, of decent level.

Sign in to follow this