Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Capra76

Space Battles

Space battles  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Any good?

• Dislike

41 comments in this topic

Players
3,453 posts
7,229 battles

Can't say that I'm overly impressed, just some re-skinned T10 ships moved down to T7, rewards are pretty meh too.

Also, this new skin for the forum, yuck!.

Finally, April 1st is Sunday, why release it today?

What does everyone else think?

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
915 posts
10,958 battles

How do those even work ? I switched to space port, switched to space battles but it seems i have no space ships to play games with .. 

Also disabled all port filters if anyone wants to point that out .. 

[PUPSI]
Players
5,861 posts
Gerade eben, Corvi sagte:

How do those even work ? I switched to space port, switched to space battles but it seems i have no space ships to play games with .. 

Players
3,453 posts
7,229 battles
Just now, Corvi said:

Also disabled all port filters if anyone wants to point that out .. 

You need to win one game in co-op/random to get the ships, BB for the BB etc.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,385 battles

It's fun because it's different, but I can see it becoming annoying after a short while.

Aiming is generally off (aiming too low) for everyone as you also see the underwater part of the ship and it takes some getting used to, torps can be hard to spot and tell where they are going, islands are so dark they just blend with the background so unless you are steering your ship by the minimap you're bound to run into them even if you are looking in their direction....

Not even speaking of the difficulty to visually recognize range (everything seems closer than it is) or enemy speed (literally no reference points behind them, if you are locked on them - it's just a ship on a black background)

Oh, yeah, the sound. SO LOUD. Like why can't it be normal loudness god damnit. And everything has a new special sound effect so you have literally no idea which beep means what.

So... Fun for a short while, probably for the first few days. Well, at least in a division. But yeah, probably will quickly get annoying

• Cool 2

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,967 posts
5,449 battles

Liked the first edition of space ships so I like this one too. 

[HMSR]
Players
1,630 posts
5,864 battles

I'll have to see after work how the SB are, before giving my thoughts on them :Smile_Default:

Beta Tester
3,671 posts
12,833 battles

The smaller teams are quite nice.

Too bad, there's still too many BaBBies in those battles.

But at least one get's in a battle instantly in a DD and with very low queue time in a cruiser.

[BYOB]
Players
2,690 posts
9,853 battles

Visually it's a EDIT fiesta, it's hard to spot torps, aiming is bad. The sound is all over the place.

And don't start me on giving people T10 ships.

Edited by Kampa1987
Vulgarism

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
9 hours ago, Capra76 said:

Can't say that I'm overly impressed, just some re-skinned T10 ships moved down to T7, rewards are pretty meh too.

Finally, April 1st is Sunday, why release it today?

What are rewards for Space Battles?

Maybe because this event have nothing to do with April Fools. We already had this type of event in the past.

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
858 posts
3,869 battles

It's a bit of fun, I'm grateful for the opportunity to grind up elite commander xp as I don't have any 19-point captains of my own and I'm enjoying playing the tier 10 ships of a few lines I'm currently part-way through grinding. Overall it gets a thumbs-up from me. :Smile_great:

Weekend Tester
525 posts
4,871 battles

The map and effects just seem to disorient players; the game play is even worse than "usual weekend standard" - if such a thing was possible...

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,224 posts
5,868 battles

I like it...the sound effects are pretty bad, but the rest is nice... I especially like the fact that people don't know that green shells are AP....oh those glorious citadels.

Players
3,453 posts
7,229 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

What are rewards for Space Battles?

Mostly it's just the elite captain XP from the 19 pt captains, for every 2 games you win you also get 3 x space camoflage (usual +100% XP).

1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

Maybe because this event have nothing to do with April Fools. We already had this type of event in the past.

My guess is that they're linking this to their April Fools content, a bit like they did with halloween last year, bring back an old special mode and use that to lead in to something new.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

played one battle... 196k damage, 4 kills and still not enough to carry...

[WCWVE]
Players
670 posts
10,884 battles
10 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It's fun because it's different, but I can see it becoming annoying after a short while.

Aiming is generally off (aiming too low) for everyone as you also see the underwater part of the ship and it takes some getting used to, torps can be hard to spot and tell where they are going, islands are so dark they just blend with the background so unless you are steering your ship by the minimap you're bound to run into them even if you are looking in their direction....

Not even speaking of the difficulty to visually recognize range (everything seems closer than it is) or enemy speed (literally no reference points behind them, if you are locked on them - it's just a ship on a black background)

Oh, yeah, the sound. SO LOUD. Like why can't it be normal loudness god damnit. And everything has a new special sound effect so you have literally no idea which beep means what.

So... Fun for a short while, probably for the first few days. Well, at least in a division. But yeah, probably will quickly get annoying

I thought it was just me but it seems that other people are having trouble aiming in the space battles mode as well

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,699 posts
13,142 battles

Only problem I have personally is that they haven't gone for full sized teams.

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Weekend Tester
737 posts
4,949 battles

I like space battles but unfortunately, bad players come and ruin this totally. Impossible to get any WR at all.

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,017 posts
28,444 battles

Space Battles is a blast for me, I'm really enjoying it.

Players
786 posts
6,863 battles

Some of you guys are very serious.

I enjoyed playing a few games of it. Groovy visuals.

The pew-pew secondaries crack me up. :Smile_teethhappy:

Space_battle_secondary_hits.jpg

Players
2,788 posts
15,349 battles
3 hours ago, cracktrackflak said:

The map and effects just seem to disorient players (...)

That "Space" looks very familiar to me ;-)

shot-18_03.30_01_08.51-0519.jpg.feebcdf891f7bb84a0c0e45606009d1b.jpg

BTW. Solomon Islands at night looks beautiful :-)

shot-18_03.30_01_55.26-0241.jpg.2056329b3a2c53dbac90d9544cef5271.jpg

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
2 hours ago, Capra76 said:

Mostly it's just the elite captain XP from the 19 pt captains, for every 2 games you win you also get 3 x space camoflage (usual +100% XP).

My guess is that they're linking this to their April Fools content, a bit like they did with halloween last year, bring back an old special mode and use that to lead in to something new.

How much captain XP you get?

[HAERT]
Players
2,026 posts
1 hour ago, Admiral_Noif said:

I like space battles but unfortunately, bad players come and ruin this totally. Impossible to get any WR at all.

Weird that, since the chance of a draw is practically nil, one team wins so I don't understand your comment.

I've played 5 won 3. True there's a fair bit of potatoing, but since the cruisers and DD's are spacey versions of ships I already have it's fairly familiar and decent fun, at least to me. 

Sign in to follow this