Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Centurion_1711

RN White Ensign on Australian ships?

5 comments in this topic

Players
357 posts
2,727 battles

On a somewhat related note, has anyone else noticed that HMAS Vampire and (I believe) HMAS Perth fly the Royal Navy's white ensign? They both serve in the Royal Australian Navy, so shouldn't they fly the Aussie white ensign?

You can see on this pic that the Perth has the RN white ensign:

Spoiler

5abcc019e8830_HMASPerthWoWs.thumb.jpg.2872019c3b91ba10b81bec426beb8efc.jpg

And here is the Vampire:

Spoiler

5abcc0f583e2c_HMAVampireWoWs.thumb.jpg.f9526d5d4b8aee8cb5a5aff5fb9c7ee4.jpg

Kinda unclear in both photos, but you can just about make out the red cross.

This is the RAN white ensign:

Spoiler

5abcc01af0953_RANwhiteensign.png.05a4f7d600db22ee8c605cd9c499c742.png

Any info on this would be great, I'm just a bit confused about the flags.

Players
82 posts
5,236 battles

The pictures don't seem to show for me, however: The Australian ships flying the White Ensign is historically accurate. The Australian Navy didn't get an ensign of their own until 1967 - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Ensign#Commonwealth_of_Nations

By the way, a new feature is planned for the next update that would allow you to choose between the White Ensign and the national ensigns for Commonwealth ships.

Players
357 posts
2,727 battles
5 hours ago, TheKingOfUm said:

The pictures don't seem to show for me, however: The Australian ships flying the White Ensign is historically accurate. The Australian Navy didn't get an ensign of their own until 1967 - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Ensign#Commonwealth_of_Nations

By the way, a new feature is planned for the next update that would allow you to choose between the White Ensign and the national ensigns for Commonwealth ships.

Wow, never knew. Thanks for the info. That's a good option from WG, though if the ships historically had the white ensign then I think I'll keep it on.

[FK]
Players
78 posts
4,038 battles

Yep, the pictures don't show for me either.

[BYOB]
Players
2,674 posts
9,788 battles

I hope they will allow the Leander to fly the New Zealand naval flag, after all HMS Leander and HMS Achilles were crewed by Kiwis during WW2 as part of the New Zealand Division and then the RNZN created in 1941.

It would really be great. But most likely the option will be limited to Perth and Vampire. :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this