Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Genie_of_the_Lamp

PLZ GET RID OF the emblems

41 comments in this topic

Players
75 posts
22,835 battles

At first; since i ve been here a long tome away, I say that the layout of the website has gone worse, its less readeble.

Since the last 2 patches WOW thought to pleasure us with these pathetic emblems which screw my screen if im dead.

What is the more value of this that I can stare for many seconds into this CHILDISCH kindof stuff??

I wont enhance nor improve yr skills or whatever.

I prefer the way WOT have done this. For good marksmen they implemented stars and ring-marks on the barrel of the tanks.

We of WOW have to watch these so called stuppid agressive animals. Seems I am in some kind of looney Tunes cartoon.

I know many ppl including me who now install a mod in order to get rid of this crap. Thank God there is a mod to repair this nonsense.

If people want to have this stuff let them buy flags with this stuff so they can sail this on top or some kind of avatar on their ship like in WOT can be done too.

Stop this....plzz.....remove the patch.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 6

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,191 posts
3,153 battles

And yet, you have taken time to configure your emblem.

Also, please leave them be.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 5

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,042 posts
13,625 battles

I want an emblem of a potato for extra humiliation points.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 7

[RDF]
Players
163 posts
11,219 battles

load one of the modpacks there is a way to disable them in there so you dont see them enymore!

[BONE]
Players
240 posts
4,581 battles

The navy do not have a tradition of marking their ships like tank or warplane does. Flags are even more tightly controled due to aviod confusion in flag signals.(unless you want to piss off the Admiral)

So please let it be. 

Also, you do not have to choose aggressive animal, there are plenty of choices.

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles

You can always get mine, cool looking and easy to get.  But overall, yeh I kinda disagree upon dead to be so crapy and big and on middle of your screen.

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles

This will come as a surprise OP, but the world doesn't revolve around you. Shocking, I know.

If you don't like the emblems, there are mods that will hide them for you. Let the rest of us enjoy them.

• Cool 4

[CSN]
Players
311 posts
2,770 battles

I want mod that removes people like you from the game :)

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[WGP2W]
Players
309 posts
5,952 battles

Stop dying constantly and you will not have to look at them during every match

• Cool 4
  • Funny 7

[SCRUB]
Players
6,948 posts
9,129 battles

OP has a mod that removes emblems. Ergo he no longer sees emblems. Same as anyone else who don't enjoy emblems.

Let's intersect here and just state what should've been bloody obvious: the ones who don't use the mod quite probably like those emblems.

So what OP then demands next (despite the fact that his personal problem has been solved via the application of a mod) is to remove the emblems alltogether, for everyone. Because apparently not seeing the stuff he doesn't like isn't enough. No one is allowed to see the stuff he doesn't like, even if those others do like it.

What?

You do know that quite contrary to the lulling words of loved ones that tell you you're their world ... the actual, real world doesn't revolve around just you, right?

• Cool 3

[IDDQD]
Players
1,626 posts
15,243 battles
35 minutes ago, Genie_of_the_Lamp said:

What is the more value of this that I can stare for many seconds into this CHILDISCH kindof stuff??

If you are soooo big boy you can easily pass this over with silence and not make such topic about it.

• Cool 3

Players
2,267 posts
33 minutes ago, piritskenyer said:

And yet, you have taken time to configure your emblem.

:Smile_teethhappy: What this says about OP is that he is fine with his victims seeing his emblem but can't handle seeing theirs come back at him. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,191 posts
3,153 battles
1 minute ago, bushwacker001 said:

:Smile_teethhappy: What this says about OP is that he is fine with his victims seeing his emblem but can't handle seeing theirs come back at him. 

That... is more than probable.

Beta Tester
1,815 posts
2,036 battles

I rather like these little emblems, but then I ususally approve of any options for customization in online games. They tend to make the game experience more personal, in a good way.

On the same note, I also approve of the post-sinking animation, where, when you're sunk, the emblem of the one who sunk you is displayed on your screen for a few seconds. It's like a greeting from a worthy adversary; "Please accept the redecoration of your ship and your recent horrible beating with the compliments of the Sea Sloth. Have a nice day, Sir!" :Smile_honoring:

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,555 posts
5,519 battles

How else will I force random people I've never met to look at a picture of a sloth for several seconds?

• Funny 3

Beta Tester
1,815 posts
2,036 battles
11 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

How else will I force random people I've never met to look at a picture of a sloth for several seconds?

"Is that a gun barrel, Mr Sloth, or are you just happy to see me?"

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[CAIN]
[CAIN]
Players
2,706 posts
10,505 battles

Why remove them for everyone if you don‘t like it? 

Does WG remove potatoes who die often and early and screw over their team? Nope. 

And that has been requested a lot more often considering it has a much bigger impact on the gaming experience than a tiny „you have been rrrreeeekt, git gud noob“ badge. 

:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,047 posts

I'm not especially keen on the emblems and patches, but I'm not bothered by them either, if I want to I can mod them out.

That said it would be a nice option in the vanilla client to be able to just turn them off for people that actively find them annoying.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,572 posts
6,401 battles

Dunno, getting wrecked by a Kamikaze just to see that Seal with the torpedo popping up... Kinda funny :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[POP]
Weekend Tester
493 posts

I had to bust my butt to get my excellent and prestigious 60+k battleship average damage badge and I want everyone to see it when I sink them.

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles

I have to say i like the emblems, some dont share my look but thats how it is, having my cute racoon holding a mine shown is perfect for someone who ate a torp from my D'Aosta 10km+ away :Smile_veryhappy:

Players
1,198 posts
3,451 battles
17 minutes ago, AndyHill said:

I had to bust my butt to get my excellent and prestigious 60+k battleship average damage badge and I want everyone to see it when I sink them.

Same here.

Contrary to popular belief, it's not easy getting high damage numbers in T8+ DDs when all you have are torpedo boats. I know for a fact that the T9+ and T10 destroyer emblems are impossible for me untill I get a DD that relies more on her guns at those tiers.

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
6,948 posts
9,129 battles
2 hours ago, Xevious_Red said:

2 hours ago, Procrastes said:

"Is that a gun barrel, Mr Sloth, or are you just happy to see me?"

Keep your bestiality to yourself man!

Spoiler

I still can't believe we actually had a genuine complaint about that xD

Beta Tester
1,815 posts
2,036 battles
16 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Keep your bestiality to yourself man!

Reveal hidden contents

I still can't believe we actually had a genuine complaint about that xD

Right you are, Sir! Xevious's post about forcing random strangers to look at pictures, must have triggered something in me... awfully sorry and all that. Really the most horrible bad forum form, can't apologize enough.

I'd promise to never do it again, but that would add dishonesty to my list of sins. May I instead take the opportunity to wish you - and indeed any who might read this post - a happy Easter?

Sign in to follow this