33 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
5,881 battles

Captains, 

To clear up frequent question: 

With the release of World of Warships Update 0.7.3 the Space Battles game mode was implemented.

To acquire the space ships for this game mode you will need to WIN first a game with a Tier 6 ship of for the corresponding class. This mission is hidden and does not show up in the interface, but it is there. 

TL:DR: WIN at least 1 battle with a Tier 6 destroyer, cruiser, battleship and carrier to get all the space ships unlocked!

:etc_red_button:

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
3,376 posts
5,881 battles

Switch to the Space Mode, you should see the FlyFire and Blue Aster (checked quickly the logs and they are there).

[WOWS]
Players
176 posts
11,431 battles

Ok, but what is the reason for implementing this way?

[PUPSI]
Players
5,872 posts
Vor 1 Minute, ledgeri sagte:

Ok, but what is the reason for implementing this way?

My guess:

During the last Helloween event everyone got the Tier 8 event ships, even with very low account levels. Often games were screwed up by some team members that had no idea how to handle their ship because they were 'newbies', who were far away from Tier 8 in normal ships. Especially with CVs this was a very annoying issue...

[WOWS]
Players
176 posts
11,431 battles
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

My guess:

During the last Helloween event everyone got the Tier 8 event ships, even with very low account levels. Often games were screwed up by some team members that had no idea how to handle their ship because they were 'newbies', who were far away from Tier 8 in normal ships. Especially with CVs this was a very annoying issue...

Not the T6 limit, not the Win one, what i meant -but i know that was not cleared...- but the "hidden-ness" of all the criteria....

[PUPSI]
Players
5,872 posts
Vor 1 Minute, ledgeri sagte:

Not the T6 limit, not the Win one, what i meant -but i know that was not cleared...- but the "hidden-ness" of all the criteria....

ah  ok, sorry, then I misunderstood your question

WoWs Wiki Team
472 posts
7,941 battles
40 minutes ago, ledgeri said:

It's clearly stated in the article about Space Battles...  So what is "hidden" for you?

Space.PNG

[SCRUB]
Players
6,944 posts
9,129 battles
2 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

It's clearly stated in the article about Space Battles...  So what is "hidden" for you?

Space.PNG

I don't know about you, but if the news says "mission", I kinda expect to see those in my missions log. And if I don't see them, I kinda assume that maybe WG somehow messed up the implementation (wouldn't be the first time WG messed up something).

Which brings us back to his original question: why the need to hide the mission? Let's assume for a second that WG had in fact messed up the implementation. If the missions are hidden anyway, how would we know?

Conversely, how much easier would it be for us players to point WG to a potential mistake when missions weren't hidden? You know, like "you guys said there would be missions, I don't see them" ...

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles

Summary:

Want to play a DD in Space Battles? Win a game in t6+ DD and you're good to go

Want to play a CA/L in Space Battles? Win a game in t6+ CA/L and you're good to go

Want to play a BB in Space Battles? Win a game in t6+ BB and then sit 5 min in queue because everyone else is doing the exact same thing

Want to play a CV in Space Battles? Win a game in t6+ CV and then sit 5 min in queue because noone else wants to play a CV

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

WoWs Wiki Team
472 posts
7,941 battles
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Summary:

Want to play a DD in Space Battles? Win a game in t6+ DD and you're good to go

Want to play a CA/L in Space Battles? Win a game in t6+ CA/L and you're good to go

Want to play a BB in Space Battles? Win a game in t6+ BB and then sit 5 min in queue because everyone else is doing the exact same thing

Want to play a CV in Space Battles? Win a game in t6+ CV and then sit 5 min in queue because noone else wants to play a CV

:Smile_trollface:

But you can do co-op.... ;-)

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles
17 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

But you can do co-op.... ;-)

I'm guessing you didn't play SB just yet, queue right now seems to be holding at about 0 CV / 130 BB / 30 CA/L / 5 DD :Smile_teethhappy: Almost like a new BB line was released

WoWs Wiki Team
472 posts
7,941 battles
2 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I'm guessing you didn't play SB just yet, queue right now seems to be holding at about 0 CV / 130 BB / 30 CA/L / 5 DD :Smile_teethhappy: Almost like a new BB line was released

I did, but I was referring to "How to get Spaceships" as I thought this topic was about. My fault.

[BGNAV]
Players
741 posts
13,827 battles
2 hours ago, ledgeri said:

actually that limits are the minimum required player to prove some competence in that class. DD will not gonna look strange if by accident press "3" lol and such.....

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,892 posts
3 hours ago, Tuccy said:

TL:DR: WIN at least 1 battle with a Tier 6 destroyer, cruiser, battleship and carrier to get all the space ships unlocked!

PvP only, or also PvE?

[WGP2W]
Players
22 posts
7,666 battles

Winning a game at t6+ seems to be a "hidden" problem for you, if you complain about "how to get a t10 for free for weeks, in a fun mode". If you put stuff head-to-head, like Vampa also implied, you need exactly 2 neurons to deduce the conditions, by just playing the damn game in any mode Co-Op, Random, Weekly Mission.

Where the hell is your curiosity, people? Your adventure spirit... Hidden quests, remember those days? Or you're used to WG spoon-feeding your noobness and laziness to the end of days? Would actually love if Wargaming had some "hidden" content in the game (but don't make it damage-related, mindless goons who hunt damage and don't give a crap about win/lose conditions got us to the posts above) :D    PS: this is not a hateful reply, it's hard irony and I love you all... in my sights. 

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
3,376 posts
5,881 battles
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

PvP only, or also PvE?

All modes bar training rooms - so Randoms, Coop, PvE, Clan, Ranked... :cap_viking:

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,892 posts

Great! thanks for the info!

Modder
1,231 posts
7,712 battles
On 29/03/2018 at 11:10 AM, Tuccy said:

Switch to the Space Mode, you should see the FlyFire and Blue Aster (checked quickly the logs and they are there).

Well.... They don't show up ingame though.

I just logged in to my account, switched form space battles to random battles and back again to space battles and I don't have any of those ships.

Edit: They showed up ingame... problem was that I expected the filter to be set correctly when the space ship mode is selected like when you open a special operation. It still kept the old T8 filter from before so that I thought that this is the correct filter.

[BLUMR]
Players
11 posts
1,957 battles

Is there any chance that the skins for this game mode will either: A) be permanently available to buy with gold. or B) be put in the WOW's premium shop to buy? I like the look of them however i don't have the ships in my port and therefore, at the moment, cannot buy their respective skins. I'm sure that there are many players who feel the same and are disheartened at the fact that they cant unlock a cool space skin for their shiny tier 10 warship that they are working towards.

[WGP2W]
Players
22 posts
7,666 battles
40 minutes ago, Bill_Nye_The_Statpad_Guy said:

Is there any chance that the skins for this game mode will either: A) be permanently available to buy with gold. or B) be put in the WOW's premium shop to buy? I like the look of them however i don't have the ships in my port and therefore, at the moment, cannot buy their respective skins. I'm sure that there are many players who feel the same and are disheartened at the fact that they cant unlock a cool space skin for their shiny tier 10 warship that they are working towards.

I am pretty sure the Space skins will be available for purchase, the price people keep whispering is around 8000 doubloons, even if it's got a bad feedback at this price. But then, if you want an "epic" skin, you should pay for it, since the T10 perma-camos cost 5000 doubloons and are... anything but special, people buy them just for stats.

I wish you could get them in the Space Containers as well, even with a 1% chance, just as an incent for people who are lucky enough to get the skin and don't have the ship to farm that tech tree line.

Cheers!

[SCRUB]
Players
2,626 posts
9,132 battles

Thank Pony you can do that 1 win in co-op ......

[BOAT]
Players
104 posts
1,941 battles

I discovered how to earn them after reading this, thanks!

Got some great scores in the Paris, Alldestroyer and Galaxy. Tried the Aurora and after taking a 32k angled volley from a Paris I discovered that apparently all the Russian bias is all in the name.

[2PTS]
Players
7 posts
8,377 battles

And imagine these people are playing randoms battles and wondering why they suck!! They cant even read the in game event!!!!   1 time noob always noob....

[BLUMR]
Players
11 posts
1,957 battles
4 hours ago, Hammerald said:

I am pretty sure the Space skins will be available for purchase, the price people keep whispering is around 8000 doubloons, even if it's got a bad feedback at this price. But then, if you want an "epic" skin, you should pay for it, since the T10 perma-camos cost 5000 doubloons and are... anything but special, people buy them just for stats.

I wish you could get them in the Space Containers as well, even with a 1% chance, just as an incent for people who are lucky enough to get the skin and don't have the ship to farm that tech tree line.

Cheers!

You can buy them for their respective ship in the game but you need to have that ship unlocked to be able to buy it, what I'm asking is will there be a way to buy the skin without having the ship in port - for example making them available to buy in the premium shop like the musashi camo for the HSF event or the lone star camoflauge for the USS Texas.